Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

Does anyone know if the ten day quarantine in the UK applies if you travel back to the IOM for a non red listed country in Europe? Travel planning right now is even less fun than before and local government staff / helplines don't seem to know. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 33.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Banker

    2503

  • TheTeapot

    1378

  • Gladys

    1264

  • horatiotheturd

    1015

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Ridiculous that schools aren’t fully open this week, was down port Erin today and beach/promenade was fairly full with families/teenagers so much for online teaching!! A few cafes including Davison’s open as well, bit like summer!

Crowning moment was a near neighbour who was down there with kayaks, guess what occupation?? Begins with T , on full pay still & doing Fuck all!

Track and tracer...? 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Does anyone know if the ten day quarantine in the UK applies if you travel back to the IOM for a non red listed country in Europe? Travel planning right now is even less fun than before and local government staff / helplines don't seem to know. 

No. If you are coming straight to IOM you font need to quaranteen in the UK.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Does anyone know if the ten day quarantine in the UK applies if you travel back to the IOM for a non red listed country in Europe? Travel planning right now is even less fun than before and local government staff / helplines don't seem to know. 

In theory you should be ok if you are transiting. However the forms aren’t clear. You may find they try and screw you for uk testing fee. You must remind them that IOM is not in UK. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Does anyone know if the ten day quarantine in the UK applies if you travel back to the IOM for a non red listed country in Europe? Travel planning right now is even less fun than before and local government staff / helplines don't seem to know. 

According to easyJet should all be green by May 17 , not sure about France 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/easyjet-european-people-government-portugal-b929587.html%3famp

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

In theory you should be ok if you are transiting. However the forms aren’t clear. You may find they try and screw you for uk testing fee. You must remind them that IOM is not in UK. 

As long as you put your IOM home address on the UK arrival locator form, then only isolating in the IOM is fine.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

As long as you put your IOM home address on the UK arrival locator form, then only isolating in the IOM is fine.

You should also tick the box to say your ultimate destination is not in the UK. I’m not sure it allows an IOM postcode to isolate in.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Banker said:

According to easyJet should all be green by May 17 , not sure about France 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/easyjet-european-people-government-portugal-b929587.html%3famp

It’ll depend on where you’re travelling to/from. It’s unlikely France or Germany ( which is where Amadeus may be travelling to ), or several other places, will be green.

EF3FB32B-F0F2-4DC2-A873-D12652BC36AF.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Wright said:

In theory you should be ok if you are transiting. However the forms aren’t clear. You may find they try and screw you for uk testing fee. You must remind them that IOM is not in UK. 

Are there any UK airports where you can still arrive from abroad (red, amber or green) and continue direct to departures without first exiting air-side and then going back through security?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pongo said:

Are there any UK airports where you can still arrive from abroad (red, amber or green) and continue direct to departures without first exiting air-side and then going back through security?

Depends on baggage & whether checked through. I’ve done it through Manchester & Dublin (the later obviously not U.K.)

Edited by Nom de plume
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Depends on baggage & whether checked through. I’ve done it through Manchester & Dublin (the later obviously not U.K.)

Like many modern people I only ever take cabin luggage. No matter how long I am away for.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the replies guys. I tried IOMG resources and they didn’t know. The trip is to Bulgaria and back. Not a red country as far as I can see. Also emailed UK track and trace thingy. Let’s see what they reply. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...