IOM Covid removing restrictions

7 minutes ago, snowman said:

if visitors to IOM are going to have a reduced quarantine from May, will that reduction also apply to island residents who travel to the UK ?

why not intorduce a reduction for both at the same time ?

I don’t see how they could try & justify otherwise.

We, as Islanders, would or should have exactly the same rights as anyone travelling here & be expected to follow the same isolation protocols in place at that point in time.

• Like 1
  • Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• Nom de plume

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Banker said:

Good idea from Jersey, less restrictions if vaccinated with residents to benefit first

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2021/04/15/jersey-could-be-a-leader-with-covid-19-certificates/

so if you can't have the vaccine for medical reasons you're now a second class citizen with reduced legal rights ,  

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

so if you can't have the vaccine for medical reasons you're now a second class citizen with reduced legal rights ,  

Not reducing your rights, just that you would have to follow different restrictions. I see no problem with it. Life is not always fair.

5 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

No...the 2nd class citizens are the anti-vaxxers in my book...who are putting those who can't have it at risk. A few of them travelling the world and bringing home variants will cause issues for everyone eventually. That's why I am in favour of vaccine passports for a year or so...till this is more under control worldwide.

• Like 5

More good news from UK on infections should help final decisions on borders reopen 

About 130,000 people in the UK are estimated to have had coronavirus in the week to 10 April, down sharply from 185,000 people the previous week, estimates from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) suggest.

This is 0.2% of the population – or one in 500 people.

The ONS say that infections "decreased" in every nation of the UK.

57 minutes ago, snowman said:

if visitors to IOM are going to have a reduced quarantine from May, will that reduction also apply to island residents who travel to the UK ?

why not intorduce a reduction for both at the same time ?

I was under the impression that visitors from the IOM to the UK don’t have to isolate 

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Good idea from Jersey, less restrictions if vaccinated with residents to benefit first

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2021/04/15/jersey-could-be-a-leader-with-covid-19-certificates/

Interesting, but I am not so sure. What I would do is get everyone in th island vaccinated ( both shots ) then piggy back off UK traffic lights system. For travel outside uk , Red= hotel at Heathrow. Yellow = hotel at Heathrow. Green = negative test on arrival at UK port, travel home, modified isolation and a second test after 10 days then free, if tests are negative. 

Free travel between here and uk. No isolation. No tests. Review depending on infection rates And variants 

1 minute ago, Cambon said:

Interesting, but I am not so sure. What I would do is get everyone in th island vaccinated ( both shots ) then piggy back off UK traffic lights system. For travel outside uk , Red= hotel at Heathrow. Yellow = hotel at Heathrow. Green = negative test on arrival at UK port, travel home, modified isolation and a second test after 10 days then free, if tests are negative. 

Free travel between here and uk. No isolation. No tests. Review depending on infection rates And variants 

Not going to happen, I know you & others want to wait until August but that’s stupid,

Announcement next week 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

No...the 2nd class citizens are the anti-vaxxers in my book...who are putting those who can't have it at risk. A few of them travelling the world and bringing home variants will cause issues for everyone eventually. That's why I am in favour of vaccine passports for a year or so...till this is more under control worldwide.

i agree if you want to travel by all means have possible restrictions upon return,  but if you are an untraveled resident you should have the same freedoms whether vaccinated or not in your own jurisdiction.  and what about the under 16's that the vaccination isn't licenced for ?   are they second class citizens too ??   what colour would you have the  unvaccinated display so that you knew to avoid them ??

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Not going to happen, I know you & others want to wait until August but that’s stupid,

Announcement next week 

It will happen, but not immediately. Baby steps. If Ashy would get on with second jabs, it could be brought forward. I mean, a fully vaccinated 80 year old is still at higher risk from Covid than an unvaccinated 30 year old. We need all over 50s fully vaccinated and then crack on! 

1 hour ago, Pipsqueak said:

not for what he ought to be doing no, but for what he is actually capable of doing,   i think not.

It doesn't matter which way you toss it up.  There is no way I would entertain doing that for 88k.  The hourly rate won't be pretty.

I suspect your sniping would bw the same no matter who's in the job.

And i also suspect you wouldn't be shy of a land grant or two if eligible.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Complete overkill. You're going to be very, very disappointed if you believe that's what will happen.

I'm starting to think they could have ran the Festival of Motorcycling but obviously nobody knew that Covid would be effectively gone by the end of May in the UK.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Cambon said:

It will happen, but not immediately. Baby steps. If Ashy would get on with second jabs, it could be brought forward. I mean, a fully vaccinated 80 year old is still at higher risk from Covid than an unvaccinated 30 year old. We need all over 50s fully vaccinated and then crack on! 

No we don't.  That's simply not true.

1 minute ago, Nom de plume said:

Complete overkill. You're going to be very, very disappointed if you believe that's what will happen.

I'm starting to think they could have ran the Festival of Motorcycling but obviously nobody knew that Covid would be effectively gone by the end of May in the UK.

They could have done.  Which is why I didnt really understand the clamour to cancel it so early.  Could easily have waited until May.

3 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

what colour would you have the  unvaccinated display so that you knew to avoid them ??

At the very least the antivax unvaccinated should have black crosses painted on their front doors.

• Haha 1