Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Filippo

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, snowman said:

That is correct

I will rewrite what I posted.

 

IOM residents who travel to the UK have to isolate upon returning to the island for 14+ days.

 

In May visitors to IOM from UK will likely have their isolation / quarantine reduced to 5 or 7 days. If so, will IOM residents who travel from UK to IOM also have the duration of isolation / quarantine reduced ?

 

 

 

Isn't the 3A current isolation period 21 days?

Notwithstanding that, I think isolation should be for anyone testing positive on arrival, with or without a COVID jab. Having said that there will need to be some sort of proof of vaccination system in place if the Island wants to encourage visitors.

Visitors = money; doesn't matter whether they're family, friends or holidaymakers. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Isn't the 3A current isolation period 21 days?

Notwithstanding that, I think isolation should be for anyone testing positive on arrival, with or without a COVID jab. Having said that there will need to be some sort of proof of vaccination system in place if the Island wants to encourage visitors.

Visitors = money; doesn't matter whether they're family, friends or holidaymakers. 

Yes it is.

Based on everything HQ said yesterday, everything I am hearing from inside government, CoC, local business etc, the borders will probably never change to anything on the old framework again.

A new, better, more realistic and forward thinking framework and border policy will be announced next week (hopefully) and borders to the UK will be open with very limited isolation soon (if they have any sense) in the same way the Channel Islands are making progress at the end of this month.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TerryFuchwit said:

The original move to the next level of border restrictions is utterly pointless.

.... and will be scrapped at the next meeting of CoMin without doubt.

The hearts & minds speech by Howard yesterday was the start of the fluffing process in an effort to prepare the Mary’s for a much earlier than expected reopening.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Yes it is.

Based on everything HQ said yesterday, everything I am hearing from inside government, CoC, local business etc, the borders will probably never change to anything on the old framework again.

A new, better, more realistic and forward thinking framework and border policy will be announced next week (hopefully) and borders to the UK will be open with very limited isolation soon (if they have any sense) in the same way the Channel Islands are making progress at the end of this month.

If that's the case then they need to get on with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXE8LdXzeHM&ab_channel=lonjil

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

.... and will be scrapped at the next meeting of CoMin without doubt.

The hearts & minds speech by Howard yesterday was the start of the fluffing process in an effort to prepare the Mary’s for a much earlier than expected reopening.

That's the feeling I got too. Despite the poor delivery I thought the message was good. Without saying them explicitly he intimated

1) If we get more cases there will be no next lockdown- will will mitigate it

2) There will be big changes to the border by June

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With regard to the Briefing Word Bingo game I would like to self appoint myself chief adjudicator administrator

The rules will be

1) All entries by 3pm on the day of the briefing

2) The award of line will be given to the poster who gets the first Word/Phrase

3) A special award of full house for any phrase that is used 3 times

4) A Jackpot/Winner takes all award for forecasting a new (never used before) phrase. Example being in yesterdays briefing where HQ said "Adjust......we must".

5). The following phrases are not selectable. 

Thank you David, Thank you Chief Minister, Your second question please, Thank you, I have nothing to add, you explained it very well.

6) Only phrases (not words can be chosen). The chief adjudicator administrator's verdict is final

7) The forum is the timeline (who chose first)

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Yes it is.

Based on everything HQ said yesterday, everything I am hearing from inside government, CoC, local business etc, the borders will probably never change to anything on the old framework again.

A new, better, more realistic and forward thinking framework and border policy will be announced next week (hopefully) and borders to the UK will be open with very limited isolation soon (if they have any sense) in the same way the Channel Islands are making progress at the end of this month.

thats because the old framework was fucking ridiculous from the start and i don't know about anyone else but it set my mental health back a good few steps thinking i couldn't get off this island (easily) till September.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

With regard to the Briefing Word Bingo game I would like to self appoint myself chief adjudicator administrator

The rules will be

1) All entries by 3pm on the day of the briefing

2) The award of line will be given to the poster who gets the first Word/Phrase

3) A special award of full house for any phrase that is used 3 times

4) A Jackpot/Winner takes all award for forecasting a new (never used before) phrase. Example being in yesterdays briefing where HQ said "Adjust......we must".

5). The following phrases are not selectable. 

Thank you David, Thank you Chief Minister, Your second question please, Thank you, I have nothing to add, you explained it very well.

6) Only phrases (not words can be chosen). The chief adjudicator administrator's verdict is final

7) The forum is the timeline (who chose first)

Yes Mum

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, 2112 said:

I think HRH The Chief Minister will inherit the position of Tynpotwald President. Bigger Salary and fcuk all responsibilities, except to hold a chimps tea party to account every month.

Actually the President of Tynwald gets less than the Chief Minister - only a 50% extra rather than 80%.  So £74,619.70 at the moment.  Apart from the fact that the job mainly consists of reading things out from a piece of paper, which even Quayle must realise that he's still rubbish at, and being reasonably quick-witted and knowing what the rules are and how to interpret them (ditto), that alone might put him off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

With regard to the Briefing Word Bingo game I would like to self appoint myself chief adjudicator administrator

The rules will be

1) All entries by 3pm on the day of the briefing

2) The award of line will be given to the poster who gets the first Word/Phrase

3) A special award of full house for any phrase that is used 3 times

4) A Jackpot/Winner takes all award for forecasting a new (never used before) phrase. Example being in yesterdays briefing where HQ said "Adjust......we must".

5). The following phrases are not selectable. 

Thank you David, Thank you Chief Minister, Your second question please, Thank you, I have nothing to add, you explained it very well.

6) Only phrases (not words can be chosen). The chief adjudicator administrator's verdict is final

7) The forum is the timeline (who chose first)

That will be good fun, but do you think there will be any more briefings like we have had?  My money is on announcements as and when things change dramatically.  They might squeeze one in to confirm that they have 'stepped out of our lives' (that's my entry, btw), but after that I think they will be pretty pointless. 

The briefings actually add to the fear factors, imo,  and reliance on how 'our parents' are going to protect us. It's up to to the GMP now.

Apart from that, a few sticky moments are on the horizon. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...