Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

I admit, I was possibly wrong (1). However, if you think you are going anywhere outside the uk anytime soon, you will be sadly disappointed, because by the time Boris allows overseas travel, he will be insisting on 10 days to 2 weeks isolation. Iom will follow suit. Boris has basically, finally closed uk borders Iom style just a year too late. 

I stand by the fact that we will not be borders level 2 or lower before September. 

(1) It is yet to be seen what will happen over there. Bur I still don't think it will go to plan. It will be delayed. 

You are hoping but think you will be wrong again, international travel June on traffic light system with vaccine passports to avoid quarantine etc in most European countries.

Level 2 won’t exist under new traffic light system, keep up with developments 😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 33.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Banker

    2503

  • TheTeapot

    1378

  • Gladys

    1264

  • horatiotheturd

    1015

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

I admit, I was possibly wrong (1). However, if you think you are going anywhere outside the uk anytime soon, you will be sadly disappointed, because by the time Boris allows overseas travel, he will be insisting on 10 days to 2 weeks isolation. Iom will follow suit. Boris has basically, finally closed uk borders Iom style just a year too late. 

I stand by the fact that we will not be borders level 2 or lower before September. 

(1) It is yet to be seen what will happen over there. Bur I still don't think it will go to plan. It will be delayed. 

Borders to and from the Iom will be completely open well before September.

What do you think "level 2" will look like in a couple of weeks?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

Guernsey have updated their travel regions. Category 3 Test day 1 and 7 with passive follow up. Red is cat 4 test day 1 and 13.

image.png.380e082fffec2bb4fea48e67b121eb91.png

That's from next Friday 23rd and from 14 May they will reduce isolation further to only until negative test for category 2 , Howie will follow soon. Tests £25 each.

https://guernseypress.com/news/2021/04/16/seven-days-isolation-for-low-risk-travellers-from-next-friday/

Edited by Banker
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Travel regions in the UK are a pile of bollocks.  
 

 

 

Possibly but if it helps sell easing borders restrictions to the pitchfork brigade it’s a positive step 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 To sum up, thanks younger generation for behahing so well and making such sacrifices to protect the older generation. Now they've all had a jab and fancy a couple of weeks in the seychelles. Get yourselves out there, she'll be reet. This has clusterfuck written all over it

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Banker said:

Jersey debating their borders opening starting 26 April, their amber only has to do 5 days isolating compared to Guernsey 7.

Their tourism industry represents a significant part of their economy. Ours here doesn't, apart from the bikes. And the bikes are cancelled.

In this respect, the comparison with Jersy and Guernsey is meaningless. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Banker said:

Jersey debating their borders opening starting 26 April, their amber only has to do 5 days isolating compared to Guernsey 7.

Interesting that their scientific advisory committee actually meet & publish minutes!!

https://www.channel103.com/news/jersey-news/review-panel-wants-stricter-traffic-light-system/

 

Serious question. Haven't you got anything else to do ?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pongo said:

Their tourism industry represents a significant part of their economy. Ours here doesn't, apart from the bikes. And the bikes are cancelled.

In this respect, the comparison with Jersy and Guernsey is meaningless. 

FFS you negative bugger , it’s nothing to do with tourists people in IOM want to see families & friends. Channel Islands are our peers & similar position to us so it’s natural to compare restrictions as Howie constantly does 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, snowman said:

Serious question. Haven't you got anything else to do ?

A question to which either possible answer seems equally damning

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

 To sum up, thanks younger generation for behahing so well and making such sacrifices to protect the older generation. Now they've all had a jab and fancy a couple of weeks in the seychelles. Get yourselves out there, she'll be reet. This has clusterfuck written all over it

Not really.  It's time to move on.  It isn't getting any better than this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...