Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Filippo

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, Gladys said:

And you are up at 1am creating multiple accounts.  Not sure who is sadder, really. 

Nobody has multiple accounts (except for probably the mods and their mates that is). Its seems to be all part of the lies self important mods and admins on this forum like to create to perpetuate their own sad fantasies of being in charge. When really what they’re doing is blocking all forum content that doesn’t suit their beliefs using false stories and excuses to do so. Most of the accounts not slavishly posting the obligatory covid hysteria in this and other threads seem to have mysteriously stopped posting in the last few weeks. You can only assume any view that they don’t agree with will ultimately get an account suspended so the others can then exclusively pick on the one or two posters left not doom mongering. Poor Banker now seems to be just about the only one left and picked on constantly by multiple users every time an alternative opinion is expressed. 

Edited by StinkyDouche
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

🔴

🟠

🟢

Here we go!

I’m sure we’ll figure something out when we’ve assembled the Emergency Advisory Group ... but the airbridge will be tricky lol

FAA76E61-64F2-430D-9101-E15D78B79B47.jpeg

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Galen said:

I wonder how many of our 'great and good' were aware of this, and if so, whether it was taken into account in respect of the control measures that were put in place

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/18/obscure-maths-bayes-theorem-reliability-covid-lateral-flow-tests-probability 

It is exactly what Dr Ewart said about lateral flow tests, that they are of limited value when the level of disease in the community is very low (i.e. low probability of having the disease), but become more useful when there is a high level of disease in the community.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, StinkyDouche said:

Nobody has multiple accounts (except for probably the mods and their mates that is). Its seems to be all part of the lies self important mods and admins on this forum like to create to perpetuate their own sad fantasies of being in charge. When really what they’re doing is blocking all forum content that doesn’t suit their beliefs using false stories and excuses to do so. Most of the accounts not slavishly posting the obligatory covid hysteria in this and other threads seem to have mysteriously stopped posting in the last few weeks. You can only assume any view that they don’t agree with will ultimately get an account suspended so the others can then exclusively pick on the one or two posters left not doom mongering. Poor Banker now seems to be just about the only one left and picked on constantly by multiple users every time an alternative opinion is expressed. 

I have always found the mods to be reasonable and tolerant. If I was so unhappy with something I would take my views elsewhere. If you are correct then the forum will die off anyway.

I have disagreed with some aspects/ decisions of the moderation but I have made my views in a decent way, accepted the decision and not resorted to foul insults or repeated mischief/exchanging insults with others, which is an irritation to other forum users. If I was upset with the decision to such an extent then I would just leave the forum.

I don't think that having a view is against the rules of the forum.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, WankPuffin said:

Indeed it seems that’s true. Looks like this site is moderated by self important cockwombles with egos the size of planets. 

 

8 hours ago, StinkyDouche said:

Nobody has multiple accounts (except for probably the mods and their mates that is). Its seems to be all part of the lies self important mods and admins on this forum like to create to perpetuate their own sad fantasies of being in charge. When really what they’re doing is blocking all forum content that doesn’t suit their beliefs using false stories and excuses to do so. Most of the accounts not slavishly posting the obligatory covid hysteria in this and other threads seem to have mysteriously stopped posting in the last few weeks. You can only assume any view that they don’t agree with will ultimately get an account suspended so the others can then exclusively pick on the one or two posters left not doom mongering. Poor Banker now seems to be just about the only one left and picked on constantly by multiple users every time an alternative opinion is expressed. 

Here we go again. A couple more 'Loons' join the forum.

Just when we thought it couldn;t get any worse.

Insulting Shit for brains.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

🔴

🟠

🟢

Here we go!

I’m sure we’ll figure something out when we’ve assembled the Emergency Advisory Group ... but the airbridge will be tricky lol

FAA76E61-64F2-430D-9101-E15D78B79B47.jpeg

We should just copy this.  Do exactly the same.

I don't see any possible justification for not doing so.

And announce it at the briefing on Tuesday so people can plan.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, trmpton said:

We should just copy this.  Do exactly the same.

I don't see any possible justification for not doing so.

And announce it at the briefing on Tuesday so people can plan.

I'm led to believe this is exactly what we'll be doing.

There will be a few more speeches from HQ, DA & HE to try & win 'hearts & minds' before the bombshell is dropped. There has been substantial lobbying from business leaders behind the scenes to have restrictions eased.

We might be a couple of weeks behind the Channel Islands but by the end of May we should be down to test on entry (cost TBA) and release on negative test within 12 - 24 hours.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I'm led to believe this is exactly what we'll be doing.

There will be a few more speeches from HQ, DA & HE to try & win 'hearts & minds' before the bombshell is dropped. There has been substantial lobbying from business leaders behind the scenes to have restrictions eased.

We might be a couple of weeks behind the Channel Islands but by the end of May we should be down to test on entry (cost TBA) and release on negative test within 12 - 24 hours.

I have heard the same and said so in here a while ago and was rounded on by the usual suspects spouting "level 3a" blah blah.

HQ needs to change public views away from the  fear quickly.  I believe this is the only reason we aren't opening up alongside Guernsey.

Not because we shouldn't, but because it would be such a shift from today when we are still in lockdown and stressing about cases to pretty much unrestricted travel in a couple of weeks.

There was never any need to get back to elimination this time, it was the perfect chance for them to shift everyone's mindsets. 

I fully expect to be doing regular trips to the UK a month again and have an influx of friends and family who we haven't seen for ages coming to visit most weekends.

I actually think they might wait u till after tt.  Again, not because they need to, but because they will face hassle from people asking why it was canceled (I fully understand the many reasons why it wasn't viable this year btw)

Bring it on.  I and many others are desperate to open up.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Three of four weeks ago we had what, 20 in Nobles? Although it’s obviously great to be opening up tomorrow, I still feel a bit uneasy that we should maybe wait until everyone over, I don’t know, 50 years old? is jabbed twice first. I hope I’m wrong, but I see Nobles under pressure in no time when ‘it’ arrives again. 
 

Yes, we’ll be living with Covid 19/21/21 etc etc, but fail to prepare and all that. 
 

The traffic light system is another Swiss cheese. Someone flies into the island from Liverpool (green), but came up on a Virgin train from London (amber). Oh, and they were also in France last week! Baring an electronic tag, Hong Kong style, do we just rely on honesty? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...