Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Filippo

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

As ever informing the public appears to second to boosting Quayle's ego by having him being the one who announces the news, no matter how badly or incompletely.

'The wheels on the bus, come off, come off...all...day...long"

 

axle.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

is that perhaps taking the 2 and the 5 and adding them together?

That sounds about right but I must admit it is confusing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, trmpton said:

They really need to clarify why someone is in ICU and I really don't see saying "became ill with covid symptoms"  or fell off a ladder and then tested positive on admission" would be a confidentiality issue

Perhaps not that specific, but it would be useful if they had a range of phrases that covered the various options: "Tested positive, though without symptoms, when admitted for an unrelated matter"; "Admitted with Covid-19 symptoms"; "Admitted when Covid-19 exacerbated an existing serious condition they were being treated for".  Those sort of things. 

The real problem is whether we can trust them to put the information out correctly when it comes via government comms and maybe politicians.  We know they minimised the Steam Packet case in February for instance.  We do know that the two Ramsey cases on the dashboard were symptomatic though, despite them having to manage to screw up the data set:image.png.e33b0fb4fefacb5673c1407a973620f2.png

as it was 2 and 3 yesterday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, snowman said:

if people are terrified, they need to get a grip and look up the word terrified in the dictionary

 

cautious, yes - but terrified...come on

 

Minister Dr Allinson MHK is using people being "absolutely terrified" (his wording) as a reference viewpoint.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Perhaps not that specific, but it would be useful if they had a range of phrases that covered the various options: "Tested positive, though without symptoms, when admitted for an unrelated matter"; "Admitted with Covid-19 symptoms"; "Admitted when Covid-19 exacerbated an existing serious condition they were being treated for".  Those sort of things. 

The real problem is whether we can trust them to put the information out correctly when it comes via government comms and maybe politicians.  We know they minimised the Steam Packet case in February for instance.  We do know that the two Ramsey cases on the dashboard were symptomatic though, despite them having to manage to screw up the data set:image.png.e33b0fb4fefacb5673c1407a973620f2.png

as it was 2 and 3 yesterday.

There were 5 live cases listed yesterday. That’s 14 days worth. One, or two, can’t be bothered searching back to see how many of them, were diagnosed on the 7th, and will have dropped off today, after 14 days.  So, with 5 in the last 24 hours I’d expect totals of  8 or 9 today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Government is really pathetic. 
Open and transparent my ass.  
So much speculation and rumour.  
Why can’t they be proactive and release a statement this evening containing the true facts re case numbers including hospital admissions and any known source or cluster?

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cambon said:

That may be, but only 20% of uk adults have had two doses. Another 40% are wandering around semi-inoculated, many thinking they are now immune. 

80% after 1 dose. Same source - CDC

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, forestboy said:

The Government is really pathetic. 
Open and transparent my ass.  
So much speculation and rumour.  
Why can’t they be proactive and release a statement this evening containing the true facts re case numbers including hospital admissions and any known source or cluster?

 

 

 

 

They should shut the pubs in Ramsey tonight...and set up road blocks stopping anything coming out of Ramsey.

It's the village of the damned I tells yer.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, wrighty said:

80% after 1 dose. Same source - CDC

That figure really depends on the brand and type of vaccination given? Even with the figure you're quoting that would mean that 20% of the people who have had their first dose have no immunity and they don't know it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, John Wright said:

There were 5 live cases listed yesterday. That’s 14 days worth. One, or two, can’t be bothered searching back to see how many of them, were diagnosed on the 7th, and will have dropped off today, after 14 days.  So, with 5 in the last 24 hours I’d expect totals of  8 or 9 today.

No those figures only include the two from last night not the extra three (?) from today.  There were five shown yesterday - two known asymptomatic contacts  announced on the 8th (so they might drop off tomorrow) and three travel cases since.

Edited to add:  They have now updated the dashboard to include the extra three - though technically they shouldn't have to be consistent.  Two are asymptomatic one isn't.

Edited by Roger Mexico
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am loosely acquainted with one of the Ramsey cases, that person is usually healthy and fit but is suffering quite badly now from their infection, though not anything like a hospital case at this time.

They also received the first of their jabs @ two weeks ago.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

The dashboard is only reporting the two cases found last night rather than the five that Alex Bell reported on Twitter.  I'm not sure if his figure includes those two or is extra to them.  Both the dashboard ones are males living in Ramsey (one 50-54, one 40-44).

To confirm that Ramsey is involved, Bell has just tweeted: A pupil at Bunscoill Rhumsaa in Ramsey has tested positive for Covid. All class pupils and their families have been told to self isolate.  Together with a copy of the letter that has been sent out.

I've only just now had the chance to look at the dashboard and it is showing five new cases.

 

Screenshot_20210421-175122.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...