IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

9 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

What, even civil servants?

They all retired at 50, then went back in on more money (plus pension) to do the same amount of tea drinking they had done previously. 

Turns out you can drink tea at home just as successfully as you can in the "work place"

They managed an average of six months  each at home before the stress of having to work their own kettles became to much and they ended up on sick pay on top of their pension for cycling around the island.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, trmpton said:

10 plus ?

Out of how many doses.

There are probably 10 people who have choked on coco pops

Quite right and it's absolutely worth the risk

Coco Pops are tasty AF

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trmpton said:

But this obsession with cases, which is a completely meaningless figure, needs to stop.

We are effectively being asked to risk assess and act accordingly. I'm very happy to do this but I do require information on which I can base my assessment.

Biggest problem is that we don't really have enough information to do this as, firstly, we don't test enough and secondly, the government hardly reveal anything about the active cases due to their fear over GDPR. The number of cases is about the only information we have on which to base these decisions. Ultimately, if there are only a handful of cases, I'll act differently to if there are a couple of hundred cases.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/child-under-10-among-covid-hospital-cases-during-lockdown/

As usual Manx Radio don't provide the entire information. I have attached the actual answer which goes into more detail. The interesting thing to note is the age range difference between the two lockdowns. This shows the success of the vaccine program* combined with shielding. But it also highlights the danger to all those running around unprotected for the next few weeks. 

The answer to the question following on from this was that two people received hospital treatment for COVID more than 14 days after their first vaccination. Showing that you can still get pretty ill even after a jab.

*I'm not sure if Abbotswood cases were included in these figures after they were transferred to Newlands, I would hope not, as this would be very misleading as they were treated as community. It would also change the age ranges.

Snip.pdf

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I heard Howard Quayle make reference to the current U.K. new infection. rate as 42 per 100,000 yesterday.

The ONS shows the following:

C101AF5F-A09B-4509-BA19-D055EB6BA35B.jpeg

The rates for traffic light travel  all over Europe, including CI and UK, are based on 14 day rolling rates

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The rates for traffic light travel  all over Europe, including CI and UK, are based on 14 day rolling rates

Ah, OK ... thanks :0)

I’ll wait another week to see where we’re at.

Is there a specific website to get this figure?

Edited by Nom de plume

8 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Did I hear right that there will be no manslaughter charges brought in the Abbotswood inquiry?  

Yes. But still looking at H&S and related regulatory breach 

56 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Ah, OK ... thanks :0)

I’ll wait another week to see where we’re at.

Is there a specific website to get this figure?

Worldometer gives 7day rolling. If you scroll back 7 days you get another 7 day average. Average the two?

6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Worldometer gives 7day rolling. If you scroll back 7 days you get another 7 day average. Average the two?

I think it’s add the two together