IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

20 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Illustrating exactly why it would be impossible and pointless trying to log everyone who enters a premises.

Given that GDPR regulations say that information should only be 'kept' for the duration of the reasons for collecting the data how long will Specsavers keep the data, who will they pass it to, when will they do that and what happens to any data that have had or still have in their possession.

Best way to deter them I suppose would be to ask them who their GDPR guardian is ? Or ask them for their written policy on security of information storage, written or computer based. 

It was the same in Sure on Friday. They lost a sale. 

37 minutes ago, Apple said:

Given that GDPR regulations say that information should only be 'kept' for the duration of the reasons for collecting the data how long will Specsavers keep the data, who will they pass it to, when will they do that and what happens to any data that have had or still have in their possession.

Best way to deter them I suppose would be to ask them who their GDPR guardian is ? Or ask them for their written policy on security of information storage, written or computer based. 

It was the same in Sure on Friday. They lost a sale. 

i refused to give speccys my email address a few years back, i told them i get enough spam as it is thanks ,when the pumpkin started with the they don't share data routine i just said lies and that stopped the BS and the fake smile in short order.

12 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

Feel free - that's your right, while you still have any. But please don't wear your tin-foil helmet and respirator; you'll give the game away.

I shall boycott any face-nappy insisting business.

All these people wearing face-nappies as you call them, are doing so to protect you if anything, but I guess you already knew that. 

I am sure the businesses will be fine without you and your sort.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, pongo said:

You sound like Laurence Fox, David Icke, Corbyn's brother etc.

You've tried that one before  - yawn!

It lost whatever humor it didn't have even then 500 pages ago or whenever it was you stirred whatever lies between your ears to come up with such trend-setting whit.

You sound like an immature, spineless whimp living a very sad life.  You really need to get out more - try joining the Foreign Legion and come back to us when you've sprouted some vertebrae.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barlow said:

All these people wearing face-nappies as you call them, are doing so to protect you if anything, but I guess you already knew that. 

I am sure the businesses will be fine without you.

Are you related to pongo - and do you have any capacity to actually think for yourself?

Face-nappies are protecting you because you've been told they do. If you really think they do that is up to you - you have swallowed hook, line and sinker exactly what the 'nudge' experts inside SAGE have wanted you to believe.

By the way, don't forget to go through the sheep-dip on your way out.

Since lifting the latest lockdown there has been ongoing uncertainty for many individuals and businesses about what’s really happening. The government keeps providing updated guidance, but that guidance is open to interpretation and therefore confusion and anxiety. People want more certainty and feel let down i.e., is Covid here or not, and are things back to normal or not?

On one hand, there are many people who are concerned that the restrictions may have been lifted too soon. This anxiety is evident from the number of people who, on their own volition, are still social distancing and are wearing face coverings. On the other hand, others see the request to leave personal ‘track and trace’ details at places like pubs and restaurants as an unjustified violation of their right to anonymity. Others interpret this request as evidence that the government isn’t entirely sure that the virus has completely gone away.

This ‘it may still be here’ confusion is occurring against a background of ongoing government support for loss of personal and business earnings. There is no doubt in my mind that due to the government’s ‘inconsistent and patchy’ handling of the situation many businesses have a legitimate right for compensation - i.e., access to Manx taxpayers’ money.

A couple of weeks ago the IOMG embarked on the creation of a new ‘Covid Expert Advisory Body’. The fact that this was only announced recently is nothing short of embarrassing - this initiative is about 12 months too late. It is clear the government badly needs external expert advice right now, but they have needed expert advice since the very first day of the pandemic. When the borders are fully open, the government must have its ‘Covid’ act together or there will be a risk that the Island will descend into a period of avoidable chaos.

Edited by code99
typo
  • Like 5