• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• Nom de plume

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

How the F can they police all these new rules? stopping anyone that looks/sounds like a visitor and making sure they aren’t breaking any rules? 

Doesn't matter. 

Its just people going about their business.

Some will have covid and some won't.  Its only a transition period to all just wandering about in a few weeks positive or not so I doubt they will enforce much.  

Its a transition and they are trying to be seen to do the right thing.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

How the F can they police all these new rules? stopping anyone that looks/sounds like a visitor and making sure they aren’t breaking any rules? 

They can’t, taken on trust as Howie says. Who’s going to know if you & your son go to pub or get on a bus  on day 8/9 rather than day 10 ?

Answer - no one as it’s a bloody stupid rule, 2 tests day 1 & 6 is enough , we’ve always got to complicate matters 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Doesn't matter. 

Its just people going about their business.

Some will have covid and some won't.  Its only a transition period to all just wandering about in a few weeks positive or not so I doubt they will enforce much.  

Its a transition and they are trying to be seen to do the right thing.

I understand all that but why even bring it in? The restrictions between the period of 7-10 days seem particularly ridiculous, HQ has since said he relies on people to do the right thing and it requires an element of trust, well in that case why have the restriction in the first place? you either trust people or you don’t.

• Like 1

Four million quid to put up tents and staff them at the sea terminal and the airport to test arrivals? They must having a laugh, unless they are expecting this to carry on for a decade or more.

Also, it seems that a case that crops up from unknown source prison and hospital visits must cease? How long is that going to go on for?

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Banker said:

They can’t, taken on trust as Howie says. Who’s going to know if you & your son go to pub or get on a bus  on day 8/9 rather than day 10 ?

Answer - no one as it’s a bloody stupid rule, 2 tests day 1 & 6 is enough , we’ve always got to complicate matters 

Agreed.

Another reason for rule changes will be so Dandara etc can get more workers over from UK as only need 3 months contract, working from day7 so saves a lot of costs.

9 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I got the impression Hetty wasn't too enamoured with the line of questioning from the media lady.

Maybe she didn’t smile.

You could hear Hetty’s pulse start to race.  Still say she is being used as the fall guy to save Ash-Ford some voters and so he gets to keep his gong on the wall unit.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I got the impression Hetty wasn't too enamoured with the line of questioning from the media lady.

Must have expected us all to believe that it wasn't mentioned that the Steam Packet staff weren't actually isolating during a meeting called to discuss that very subject.

• Like 1