Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

“ Honesty, openness and transparency “ What makes you think not delivered? Tynwald broadcast on national radio, Hansard, COVID media briefings,FOI act etc etc.

Hardly North Korea is it?

OK, hardly North Korea granted, but let's take a brief look at each of your examples:

"Tynwald broadcast on national radio". One time the Manx Radio Tynwald microphones were left on. We heard members of the House of Keys (hiya Phil) slanging off the public for having an opinion on Douglas Promenade. We heard unelected Members of the Legislative Council led by the Bishop, ganging up and slanging off an elected member for his speeches.

"Hansard". Say something you'd preferred not to say? You can rely on the Hansard Clerk to make sure the machine broke down just for that part of your speech where you implied terrorists might have towels on their head. (The removal from Hansard of that part of the speech was actually predicted on this forum - think about that).

"COVID Media briefings". A move was made to have all the questions channelled via and vetted by a Government media puppet.

"FOI act."

958109-1.jpg.dd3c1ab8c524f1602992294526c0c700.jpg

.

 

 

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 35.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Banker

    2712

  • TheTeapot

    1429

  • Gladys

    1335

  • Nom de plume

    1076

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Mr Roboto said:

The problem with the death toll in India is likely more due to institutionally corrupt things like this happening where resources are taken from the poor and the complete disarray in its failing healthcare system. Plus, of course, the widespread poverty and the generally insanitary conditions that prevail compared to the US or Asia or Europe. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9529923/Indian-woman-dies-Covid-two-hours-police-oxygen-cylinder-VIP.html

The important bit is that even emerging Thirld World countries can feel real heartache and pain at a very obvious human tragedy.

So rather than trying to apportion blame based on a report by one of the most disreputable so-called media outlets in the UK, recently quite rightly described as an "open sewer" of so-called "news", you should avoid using terms like "the death toll in India is likely more due to institutionally corrupt things" when you don't really know....

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, P.K. said:

you should avoid using terms like "the death toll in India is likely more due to institutionally corrupt things" when you don't really know....

I’m not sure that I need to avoid any terms to be honest. What in reality do you really know? I know quite a lot about operating and doing business with India and the general state of everyday corruption, chaos, and poverty within Indian cities which seems to be firmly exacerbating the death toll here. May I ask on what experience you are posting your view that I should avoid stating an opinion on things as I see them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cambon said:

You are free to leave anytime you like. You will just struggle to find somewhere to stay in the UK, and anywhere else that will allow you to arrive, except Jersey and Guernsey. When you want to come home, expect to test and isolate just like nearly everywhere. 

You are a lunatic! The Manx are free! Just nowhere they can go! 

Why don't you get it yet? 

What do you mean isolate like everywhere else, the only place in uk you have to isolate for traveling to uk is Guernsey & that changes on 15/05 when they join Jersey in isolating until negative test ie c12 hours.

And lots of places are open in uk , 1000s of self catering ranging from 1 bed to mansions with similar of outside restaurants, hotels etc opening 17/05 although you said it wouldn’t happen!

we have 7 days plus 3 more days of lack of freedom to visit.

You don’t seem to grasp basics very well.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

“ Honesty, openness and transparency “ What makes you think not delivered? Tynwald broadcast on national radio, Hansard, COVID media briefings,FOI act etc etc.

Hardly North Korea is it?

it is what's not said that was the point, not the pantomime scripts played out in tynwald for us.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, P.K. said:

The important bit is that even emerging Thirld World countries can feel real heartache and pain at a very obvious human tragedy.

So rather than trying to apportion blame based on a report by one of the most disreputable so-called media outlets in the UK, recently quite rightly described as an "open sewer" of so-called "news", you should avoid using terms like "the death toll in India is likely more due to institutionally corrupt things" when you don't really know....

Bit rich coming from someone that blames Bojo personally for everything bad about the UK’s pandemic experience. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mr Roboto said:

I’m not sure that I need to avoid any terms to be honest. What in reality do you really know? I know quite a lot about operating and doing business with India and the general state of everyday corruption, chaos, and poverty within Indian cities which seems to be firmly exacerbating the death toll here. May I ask on what experience you are posting your view that I should avoid stating an opinion on things as I see them?

And.......he's back:rolleyes:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Banker said:

What do you mean isolate like everywhere else, the only place in uk you have to isolate for traveling to uk is Guernsey & that changes on 15/05 when they join Jersey in isolating until negative test ie c12 hours.

And lots of places are open in uk , 1000s of self catering ranging from 1 bed to mansions with similar of outside restaurants, hotels etc opening 17/05 although you said it wouldn’t happen!

we have 7 days plus 3 more days of lack of freedom to visit.

You don’t seem to grasp basics very well.

The 3 more days is pointless and won't be adhered to.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Exactly. Neither the Government or the Steam Packet wanted to bring back COVID to the Island,There were misunderstandings no doubt.

But these are exceptional times and as such we need to see the bigger picture. 

A baying mob calling for resignations is not the right response.

Some on here sneer when it is said lessons can be learned from such situations.  Well this is exactly such a situation and provides the opportunity to learn and put new protocols in place, for example not relying on verbal evidence.

Its a time for reconciliation not reprisals

There are no resignations no one ever pays in this land of milk and honey, the gravy train and its public servants carry on regardless.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

The 3 more days is pointless and won't be adhered to.

The whole 10 days is pointless and won't be adhered to.

I was speaking to someone already who has family coming who plan to completely ignore it.

Why should we carry on with this nonsense when Channel Islands are scrapping it?

Just open up for unrestricted British travel (and ROI) with a clear test required on arrival.  Give the airlines confidence to get routes running again and let's have a great summer season.

Open up in the next couple of weeks and every seat will be full in both directions and hotels etc can try and start earning  again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, P.K. said:

The important bit is that even emerging Thirld World countries can feel real heartache and pain at a very obvious human tragedy.

So rather than trying to apportion blame based on a report by one of the most disreputable so-called media outlets in the UK, recently quite rightly described as an "open sewer" of so-called "news", you should avoid using terms like "the death toll in India is likely more due to institutionally corrupt things" when you don't really know....

https://www.transparency.org/en/press/2020-corruption-perceptions-index-reveals-widespread-corruption-is-weakening-covid-19-response-threatening-global-recovery

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

The 3 more days is pointless and won't be adhered to.

 

23 minutes ago, trmpton said:

The whole 10 days is pointless and won't be adhered to.

I was speaking to someone already who has family coming who plan to completely ignore it.

Why should we carry on with this nonsense when Channel Islands are scrapping it?

Just open up for unrestricted British travel (and ROI) with a clear test required on arrival.  Give the airlines confidence to get routes running again and let's have a great summer season.

Open up in the next couple of weeks and every seat will be full in both directions and hotels etc can try and start earning  again.

I do agree with you. However it's only just May. Maybe a teeny bit of patience is what we need. My heart agrees with you but my head says we can get some folks past their 2nd jab. Maybe the O60s. Personally I'd get the 2nd jabs in after 10weeks. It's a compromise and probably a safe one.

If we get a commitment for end of may then I would be happy with that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...