Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Filippo

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

EU citizens and residents

Vaccination certificates and two doses. Depends on agreeing how to evidence that.

its not unrestricted travel.

it still doesn’t deal with returning without restriction either.

Its going to be a long, slow, slog, way into 2022 for long haul.

 

International travel for everyone on the globe? Not sure, don't care really and isn't really relevant to the thread.  We are really discussing restrictions on us as British Citizens and Manx Residents.

The news item I just watched was very much expecting the changes being recommended by the EU would allow us to travel pretty much anywhere and return with hardly any restrictions from July. (assuming vaccination, negative test, or previous infection)

They used China as an example of somewhere we could travel to and the US.  Suggestion that restrictions might still be imposed for countries who ar really struggling like parts of Africa and South America.

Those sort of restrictions in the short term won't impact very many of us here on the Island.  For the majority of us if we can get to and from the UK regularly and unhindered, and then occasionally further afield for a holiday or business trip then our lives are largely back to normal - and I expect that to be less than 8 weeks away. 

Some people with business interests or family in countries that are really struggling obviously might still be impacted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I'd expect travel to the USA to be happening relatively quickly.

Possibly not.

The EU may admit US citizens because the three vaccines they are using are approved by the EMA.

As of a week ago the FDA had yet to approve the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Possibly not.

The EU may admit US citizens because the three vaccines they are using are approved by the EMA.

As of a week ago the FDA had yet to approve the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine.

Won't be long before that happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I'd expect travel to the USA to be happening relatively quickly.

USA has been talking about starting up transatlantic flights for a couple of weeks now. One of the biggest problems is the lack of standardisation of vaccine passports and what represents proof of vaccination, proof of tests, etc. Add to that the numbers of new cases in Europe and the USA are being very careful. Like the uk, the USA had worked very hard to get jabs in arms and don't want to risk any set backs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Cambon said:

USA has been talking about starting up transatlantic flights for a couple of weeks now. One of the biggest problems is the lack of standardisation of vaccine passports and what represents proof of vaccination, proof of tests, etc. Add to that the numbers of new cases in Europe and the USA are being very careful. Like the uk, the USA had worked very hard to get jabs in arms and don't want to risk any set backs. 

I expect them to have the UK on their list pretty quickly.  I'd be surprised if access the the US isn't available by the end of June.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Banker said:

 Plenty wish you would also , instead of criticizing people whose views you don’t agree with

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/04/25/world/europe/american-travel-to-europe.amp.html%3f0p19G=6214

 

And there you go, doing it again. You seize upon the bits that support your view and ignore those that don’t. You never get the balanced view from the report. Fine for you, but you’re so strident you mis represent it for others.

Its going to have to be agreed by the 27, it’s likely to be on a reciprocal vaccine recognition basis ( that makes it difficult for AZ ( which Isn’t likely to be recognised in USA any time soon - they just don’t need to ), and even Van der Leyen at her highest point says sometime. I’d expect it to be longer than June, realistically.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Based on the fact that the USA are a progressive commercially forward thinking country that will want to see movement of people in and out of there.

None of the above has any relevance.

Because as I understand it AZ have yet to apply for FDA approval.

No idea why but there it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, P.K. said:

None of the above has any relevance.

Because as I understand it AZ have yet to apply for FDA approval.

No idea why but there it is.

Does it matter?  Everything i have read or heard says a negative test is just as valid as two vaccinations so just means you need a test before travel.

US and Europe(and most of the rest of the world) to and from the UK will be open by end of June.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I expect them to have the UK on their list pretty quickly.  I'd be surprised if access the the US isn't available by the end of June.

This one needs keeping for PKs laughing emoji which will likely look pretty silly in a few weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...