Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, trmpton said:

Use Chester Street.  Cost enough 

Can you imagine how much old people will moan if they have to go somewhere else?

They will have to put the Mannin Line on 24/7

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 33.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Banker

    2545

  • TheTeapot

    1384

  • Gladys

    1280

  • horatiotheturd

    1015

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

Can you imagine how much old people will moan if they have to go somewhere else?

They will have to put the Mannin Line on 24/7

My second jab is booked at the airport after the date we are meant to be going open borders anyway, so they already are opening up while the airport hub is still operating.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, trmpton said:

My second jab is booked at the airport after the date we are meant to be going open borders anyway, so they already are opening up while the airport hub is still operating.

Same for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, trmpton said:

My second jab is booked at the airport after the date we are meant to be going open borders anyway, so they already are opening up while the airport hub is still operating.

I was of the impression they were due to convert it to being for testing arrivals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jaymann said:

I was of the impression they were due to convert it to being for testing arrivals.

Not doing testing after 28 June so pointless, even if they were going to do some testing surely they would just use it as is 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Banker said:

Not doing testing after 28 June so pointless, even if they were going to do some testing surely they would just use it as is 

That’s just not true. There will still be testing ( and isolation ). It’ll just depend where you’ve been in the 14 days before arrival and where on the traffic light system those places are.

Of course it’ll be up to the traveller to be honest when filling out their locator form.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

That’s just not true. There will still be testing ( and isolation ). It’ll just depend where you’ve been in the 14 days before arrival and where on the traffic light system those places are.

Of course it’ll be up to the traveller to be honest when filling out their locator form.

That traffic light system isn't going to work in my view.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

That traffic light system isn't going to work in my view.  

 

Fully agree. Regionalisation is virtually untrackable

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, John Wright said:

There will still be testing ( and isolation )

This has to be binned - for the umpteenth time there is no need for this when the rest of the country enjoys unrestricted internal movement.  This rock in the middle of the Irish Sea is not some god-given nirvana that demands immunity from our neighbours.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

This has to be binned - for the umpteenth time there is no need for this when the rest of the country enjoys unrestricted internal movement.  This rock in the middle of the Irish Sea is not some god-given nirvana that demands immunity from our neighbours.

This.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trmpton said:

My second jab is booked at the airport after the date we are meant to be going open borders anyway, so they already are opening up while the airport hub is still operating.

It rather looks as though the Airport hub strategy was built on the assumption that there would be no significant passenger movements through the terminal until September, as set out the wholly discredited first version of the exit strategy. That was probably one of the reasons they wrote it that way. 

This could be why there is a reluctance to move to Level 2 and Level 1, as they know there will be a significant challenge unscrambling the Airport, and maintaining the vaccination programme's pace.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nellie said:

It rather looks as though the Airport hub strategy was built on the assumption that there would be no significant passenger movements through the terminal until September, as set out the wholly discredited first version of the exit strategy. That was probably one of the reasons they wrote it that way. 

This could be why there is a reluctance to move to Level 2 and Level 1, as they know there will be a significant challenge unscrambling the Airport, and maintaining the vaccination programme's pace.  

The other side to this is who is going to fly here? Flybe is gone, for now. EasyJet will require stability before they start establishing routes. Ireland is red zone, so Aer Lingus won't be flying. That leaves the existing carrier and existing flights. 

There really will be little air movement this summer

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Nellie said:

It rather looks as though the Airport hub strategy was built on the assumption that there would be no significant passenger movements through the terminal until September, as set out the wholly discredited first version of the exit strategy. That was probably one of the reasons they wrote it that way. 

This could be why there is a reluctance to move to Level 2 and Level 1, as they know there will be a significant challenge unscrambling the Airport, and maintaining the vaccination programme's pace.  

My first vaccination was in a town hall.

It already has toilets, servery etc etc and all they needed were tables, chairs, some screens (some folks need privacy - fair enough) and storage facilities to turn it overnight in to a very slick and efficient operation.

Don't forget a Ford Focus can get you to the same destination as a Rolls Royce.

So all the effort and cost that went into bespoke facilities probably shouldn't be looked into too closely....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

This has to be binned - for the umpteenth time there is no need for this when the rest of the country enjoys unrestricted internal movement.  This rock in the middle of the Irish Sea is not some god-given nirvana that demands immunity from our neighbours.

So show your displeasure at their efforts to keep the virus at bay by voting them out.

Simples...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, John Wright said:

That’s just not true. There will still be testing ( and isolation ). It’ll just depend where you’ve been in the 14 days before arrival and where on the traffic light system those places are.

Of course it’ll be up to the traveller to be honest when filling out their locator form.

According to the published exit strategy there will be unrestricted travel to U.K. from 28/06 with no testing, if you're talking international travel then it looks like we just copy U.K. traffic light systems and most popular destinations will be green by end June.

Edited by Banker
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...