Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 35.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Banker

    2712

  • TheTeapot

    1451

  • Gladys

    1345

  • Nom de plume

    1097

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Correct, but not here. We are mainly pretty vulnerable. Meanwhile, our vaccination squad had gone on holiday! 

That's right. Probably nearer 40% with antibodies here. If we open up it will go through our population like a dose of salts. No chance of it happening for at least a month later. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Cambon said:

 

Is it? Is that why they are talking about vaccinations for over 12's? 

Virtually all babies are already vaccinated against other diseases. 

Children need to be counted. You would have to be a complete idiot to leave them out!

So you’re just counting 12-16 in your figures which nobody else is or are you counting all children from 0 for whom it’s not authorized, if so your figures are even more wrong 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

That's right. Probably nearer 40% with antibodies here. If we open up it will go through our population like a dose of salts. No chance of it happening for at least a month later. 

Good.  Let it. Get to herd immunity quicker that way

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Yes, we will see. I think come 28th, Howard will allow sponsored visits for friends as well as family. However, I don't see much more than that, especially if Boris kicks the can down the road.

He won’t do anything until Guernsey announce today what they are doing & then copy. 
Any delay here will lead to more flights cancelled, lots of losses for hospitality & more taxpayers money to fund Logan Air, IOM SPCO , hotels, restaurants etc 

Edited by Banker
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Apple said:

I am not sure on what the Governments current strategy is now

Are you telling us that you have been sure what the Government's strategy has been up until now - apart from 'making it up as we go along'?  Because if you alone have, you are a god above we mortals.

Edited by Utah 01
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Banker said:

He won’t do anything until Guernsey announce today what they are doing & then copy. 
Any delay here will lead to more flights cancelled, lots of losses for hospitality & more taxpayers money to fund Logan Air, IOM SPCO , hotels, restaurants etc 

Guernsey announces unrestricted travel within the common travel area from 1 July, reviewed every 14 days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, On the inside said:

Guernsey announces unrestricted travel within the common travel area from 1 July, reviewed every 14 days.

Not quite. Only if you are fully vaccinated (and 14 days have lapsed since your second vaccination)

If you are not fully vaccinated then you are still subject to quarantine restrictions based on what countries & region you've been in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, swoopy2110 said:

Not quite. Only if you are fully vaccinated (and 14 days have lapsed since your second vaccination)

If you are not fully vaccinated then you are still subject to quarantine restrictions based on what countries & region you've been in.

Be interesting to see how much we have to pay for vaccine proof then? Papers please!

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, On the inside said:

Guernsey announces unrestricted travel within the common travel area from 1 July, reviewed every 14 days.

Here’s the update, expect Howie announcement Monday!! If follow suit and announce no restrictions for fully vaccinated, more questions on the 2 weeks holidays, if we don’t more questions on what data Jersey & Guernsey use as opposed to us!!

https://www.channel103.com/news/guernsey/fully-vaccinated-can-arrive-without-test-or-isolation-from-1-july/

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trmpton said:

So none of those people would have died if it wasn’t for COVID?

They were all perfectly healthy people who happened to contract COVID and then die?  Is that really what you think?

People die all the time for lots of reasons.  At any given time a certain percentage of people will test positive for COVID in a 28 day period.

Sometimes those two groups of people overlap. Ie someone who happens to test positive for CoVId was going to die anyway, from cancer, heart disease, embolism, old age, serious injury or even suicide.

Doesnt matter how many jabs any of the above have had.

I'm well aware that folks die all the time thank you.

I'm of the age group where the only chance I get to wear a suit it's the black one.

Aunty telling it like it is after the blindingly obvious headline:

"There have been nearly 30,000 new UK cases of the variant in the past week.

"The Public Health England report says it is likely to spread more easily and could make people more seriously ill."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57441677

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I'm well aware that folks die all the time thank you.

I'm of the age group where the only chance I get to wear a suit it's the black one.

Aunty telling it like it is after the blindingly obvious headline:

"There have been nearly 30,000 new UK cases of the variant in the past week.

"The Public Health England report says it is likely to spread more easily and could make people more seriously ill."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57441677

The BBC contradicting itself in 2 stories on the same page, they need investigating after all this is over and done with for the sheer fear-mongering incompetence in editorial control.

However, the data on its own does not tell the full story. There is evidence the people being admitted to hospital are younger and less seriously ill than in previous waves, and so need less treatment and spend less time in hospital. There seems to be very few doubled-jabbed patients despite those being the most at risk of serious illness - providing further confidence about just how well the vaccines work.

That in turn will mean many many fewer deaths. In a couple of weeks, scientists believe they will be able to give ministers a better idea of what is going to happen than they can now, meaning there will be greater confidence about the impact of a full unlocking.

Edited by The Chief
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Chief said:

The BBC contradicting itself in 2 stories on the same page, they need investigating after all this is over and done with for the sheer fear-mongering incompetence in editorial control.

I doubt that very much indeed.

The piece I posted up was about how infections were rising.

The extracts you posted up were from an article speculating on what the rise in infections MIGHT mean to hospital admissions because there is as yet insufficient data to reach firm conclusions.

Dear me. Just more picking and choosing to back the agenda....

"It's very clear where infection rates are heading now - and it's not where we wanted to be or thought we would be just a few weeks ago. That's why we're concerned," says one of the scientists on Sage, the group which advises ministers.

"What is less clear, however, is what this means for hospital cases.

"It is often said that vaccination has broken the link between infections and hospitalisations - and if people are not getting seriously sick, then it does not matter if infection levels rise.

"But at this stage it appears to have weakened it rather than broken it. Admissions have already started rising, albeit not as fast as they did in September, the last time infections were rising at this rate.

"The rate of hospitalisations appears to be less than half of what it was then, although there are only a few days of data to draw on so scientists cannot be certain. This is one of the reasons why they are asking ministers for more time to monitor the data."

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The extracts you posted up were from an article speculating on what the rise in infections MIGHT mean to hospital admissions because there is as yet insufficient data to reach firm conclusions.

Dear me. Just more picking and choosing to back the agenda.

Pot Kettle Black, say no more😂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Dear me. Just more picking and choosing to back the agenda....

You must be mixing me up with someone else, my only agenda is that decisions should be made on the best for the whole population of both islands, not a bunch of facebook karen's scared of their own shadows, or by politicians beholden to lobby groups with big chequebooks.

Edited by The Chief
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...