Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Filippo

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Apple said:

Didn't we learn anything from the Thalidomide and contaminated blood products scandals ?

All approved by regulatory authorities. 'nuff said. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Doesn't seem to say which member is saying what though? That's important to me - I believe some are more credible than others.

  • The EAG believes that the Council of Ministers should consider early messaging which alerts the public to the issues caused by the Delta and other new variants and that there remains a potential for a change to the Borders opening plan in the event of a sharp spike in cases in the UK.

 

The document was produced ten days ago -  so much early messaging.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

since Boris is going to bottle it today, i assume our lot will as well and keep the border restrictions as they are for another month, despite no significant case numbers or hospitalisations on the island for several weeks.

again i ask why the rush to vaccinate everyone if they are not going to allow free movement, seems a bit pointless to me.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, The Chief said:

since Boris is going to bottle it today, i assume our lot will as well and keep the border restrictions as they are for another month, despite no significant case numbers or hospitalisations on the island for several weeks.

again i ask why the rush to vaccinate everyone if they are not going to allow free movement, seems a bit pointless to me.

 

They just need to get more second jabs done. That's why I can't get my head around why they thought it would be such a good idea to have a two week hiatus on that process here.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, madmanxpilot said:

They just need to get more second jabs done. That's why I can't get my head around why they thought it would be such a good idea to have a two week hiatus on that process here.

Then it will be winter and booster jabs need to be done. That's my prediction 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, The Chief said:

since Boris is going to bottle it today, i assume our lot will as well and keep the border restrictions as they are for another month, despite no significant case numbers or hospitalisations on the island for several weeks.

again i ask why the rush to vaccinate everyone if they are not going to allow free movement, seems a bit pointless to me.

 

What rush to vaccinate? Started off brilliantly but now it’s excuses excuses and bullshit. The close the borders mob are still in full force. If the border restrictions are still kept in place we will still be having this discussion in July, August, September and into next year. Perhaps nobody believes in the current vaccines or maybe the conspiracy theorists are correct? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today’s 3fm report HRH The Chief Minister bleating how he and his entourage are following the rules upon returning from Northern Ireland. Personally I would have treated NI the same as the Irish Republic which has been Covid rampant, meaning a nice isolation and testing regime for HRH The Chief Minister. The fact that IOMG are taking to Twitter suggests that the public think that our politicos and civil service are unreliable and certainly incapable of telling the truth, 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A delay in line with the UK stance seems sensible at this point. For those on this advisory group who want the travel restrictions back to level three, they need to get a grip and realise that the current level of restrictions have not to date introduced Delta into the community, and also frankly it has helped ease the pent up frustration that many of us with family across were really starting to feel. It would also not be a good look for Ashford if restrictions were put back in place following a completely inexcusable two week vaccination holiday.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, 2112 said:

What rush to vaccinate? Started off brilliantly but now it’s excuses excuses and bullshit. The close the borders mob are still in full force. If the border restrictions are still kept in place we will still be having this discussion in July, August, September and into next year. Perhaps nobody believes in the current vaccines or maybe the conspiracy theorists are correct? 

The challenge essentially came from the fact that the UK and IOM played a numbers game with first doses. 

With previous variants, everything suggested that a first jab was enough to offer you significant protection. So, getting as many first jabs in as possible made the most pragmatic sense. 

With the Delta variant, the second dose is significantly more important for affording that protection. The UK is bringing them forward where they can for that reason. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Today’s 3fm report HRH The Chief Minister bleating how he and his entourage are following the rules upon returning from Northern Ireland. Personally I would have treated NI the same as the Irish Republic which has been Covid rampant, meaning a nice isolation and testing regime for HRH The Chief Minister. The fact that IOMG are taking to Twitter suggests that the public think that our politicos and civil service are unreliable and certainly incapable of telling the truth, 

This is just stupid.

They follow the same protocols of the other returning residents.  What make you think it should be any different?

And the Irish Republic isn't "covid rampant " anyway.  Jesus wept.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...