IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

42 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Can we organise a boycott of the new places that stirred up a load of panic on Social media last night by reporting the 3 cases.

Just ignore it now, it’s done.

Congratulations to Gef, Energy and IOM newspapers.

3FM and Manx Radio can do one with their fear spreading.

Who stirring up a load of panic?

Just now, Dunroamin said:

Good old Howie! So he made the staff carry out an assessment of risk at Hospice so he could go publicity seeking? Really? Still broke the rules Howie…

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/mhk-questions-cms-judgement-after-hospice-visit/

He is completely missing the point. He was questioned about his judgement. He rang ahead, he wore a mask.........but if he really thought about it he failed to use his judgement. Now he is blaming Manx Radio and behaving like a small child.

2 minutes ago, Dunroamin said:

Good old Howie! So he made the staff carry out an assessment of risk at Hospice so he could go publicity seeking? Really? Still broke the rules Howie…

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/mhk-questions-cms-judgement-after-hospice-visit/

No. 

He didn't "make" anyone do an assessment.

Hospice had already done it.   It may have escaped your attention but the event was attended by a number of people.  Not just HQ.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

He 'took the trouble to ring them beforehand'.  He should have 'taken the trouble to ring them beforehand' to postpone or offer his presence by Zoom. 

He is also critical of MR seeing as they get £1m of Government funding.  Just to point out, Sir, that funding is not your money, it is public money and should not be used as a lever to manipulate news coverage. 

• Like 7

Just now, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

No. 

Hospice had already done it.   It may have escaped your attention but the event was attended by a number of people.  Not just HQ.

How many of the others had travelled off Island in the past 10 days?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I'm not sure it is relevant.  It didn't alter the approach of Hospice as to the way they set up the whole event.    

You don’t think whether the others had been off island is relevant - in a discussion about whether HQ should have attended the event having just been off island?

Here is a clue.  If he hadn’t been away the discussion wouldn’t even be taking place.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, trmpton said:

You don’t think whether the others had been off island is relevant - in a discussion about whether HQ should have attended the event having just been off island?

Here is a clue.  If he hadn’t been away the discussion wouldn’t even be taking place.

No.  What I'm telling you is that Hospice made the arrangements and the setting based on it being "non medical" because they (a) knew there was a possibility someone could be there who had been away in the previous 10 days and (b) they couldn't control that attendees could definitely have been mixing with people that had just got off the boat or plane.

For example, HQ was back to work mixing with people post his negative test.  As are most normal people.

So, if you are Hospice, opening a brand new wing , you are taking that risk away by simply setting up as I said above.  This is what happened. 

I would also add Trmpton - what HQ did should have your support give  your views on restrictions? 

Edited by The Dog's Dangly Bits

1 hour ago, trmpton said:

Can we organise a boycott of the new places that stirred up a load of panic on Social media last night by reporting the 3 cases.

Just ignore it now, it’s done.

Congratulations to Gef, Energy and IOM newspapers.

3FM and Manx Radio can do one with their fear spreading.

Indeed, how dare news organisations report the news!  They should realise that their job is to say things to make trmpton happy.

(Are you sure you're not Howie?).

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

No. 

I wonder if the other guests, apart from HRH The Chief Minister had been to the UK mainland or Northern Ireland (lots of people from Irish Republic cross the border daily) attended? 

I think you will find it is HRH The Chief Minister acting like a complete TIT and thinks he is above any of the rules, regulations or guidelines which he imposes. Risk assessments and other bollocks, he should have politely declined, apologised and not attended. Perhaps he could have sent El Presidente instead?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nom de plume said:

I took the trouble to call the vaccination centre as I returned from the U.K. Sunday & had my second jab scheduled for Thursday (tomorrow).

How was the UK's half arsed semi restricted purgatory? Basically ignored?