Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can you guys start a separate thread titled "Jersey is ace - oh no it isn't" and leave this one to a discussion on IOM and the coronavirus?

It's a safe place right now because of the Manx people, not the Manx politicians. None of us want to be "the person who brought it back" so we isolate and make sure we don't transmit the virus by bein

Ratio of admissions to deaths is not that different, testing is obviously out due to the massive capacity increase like just about everywhere in the world.    The current UK situation is impact

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Banker said:

It’s not spreading, read the news!!

meanwhile Guernsey getting ready for next phase whilst Howie sleeps!

https://guernseypress.com/news/2020/08/29/seven-day-quarantine-until-at-least-october/

It's not spreading - yet!

I.O.M. Are setting up a laboratory to enable circa 2000 tests a day, while Guernsey are awaiting the delivery of equipment end of next month to do likewise. 

Read the news.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cambon said:

It's not spreading - yet!

I.O.M. Are setting up a laboratory to enable circa 2000 tests a day, while Guernsey are awaiting the delivery of equipment end of next month to do likewise. 

Read the news.

Post the article that reports that , probably made that up like your financial background 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Watch the last government briefing including questions. 16 July 

 

So no article, quoting something from 6 weeks ago Which doesn’t mention 2000 and no evidence anything has happened unlike concrete evidence from other islands .

you just lap up & believe anything Howie says, obviously a public servants 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Banker said:

So no article, quoting something from 6 weeks ago Which doesn’t mention 2000 and no evidence anything has happened unlike concrete evidence from other islands .

you just lap up & believe anything Howie says, obviously a public servants 

https://gefthemongoose.com/blog/iomgovupdate30july

closest thing I could find. Look at the questions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve neither read nor heard anything that suggests we are building a testing facility nor contemplating a test on entry policy.

In my opinion Quayle & Ashford are completely out of their depth with this issue & haven’t got the foggiest what to do next.

Their silence speaks volumes. Perhaps when the Chief Minister addresses us there will be some real meat on the bones. 

Jersey have proved the effectiveness of a well thought out & enacted policy. Their hospital is empty, their NHS is not stretched, their people are not dying, their people are not spooked.

We are still hid behind the sofa believing an apocalypse is imminent.

It’s worrying & extremely disturbing how the masses have been duped & manipulated by the media & Governments around the world.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

I’ve neither read nor heard anything that suggests we are building a testing facility nor contemplating a test on entry policy.

In my opinion Quayle & Ashford are completely out of their depth with this issue & haven’t got the foggiest what to do next.

Their silence speaks volumes. Perhaps when the Chief Minister addresses us there will be some real meat on the bones. 

Jersey have proved the effectiveness of a well thought out & enacted policy. Their hospital is empty, their NHS is not stretched, their people are not dying, their people are not spooked.

We are still hid behind the sofa believing an apocalypse is imminent.

It’s worrying & extremely disturbing how the masses have been duped & manipulated by the media & Governments around the world.

Do you even live here.? You gave the impression from a recent question , that you lived elsewhere .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Is it relevant?

It is most relevant when saying we, them and us. Worse than a come over trying to tell us what we need, is a go awayer who still wants a say. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Banker said:

So as I said nothing about capacity of 2000 tests per day and your post was just cheer leading for Howie again who has done bugger all for 4/5 weeks.

The actual briefing is available to watch on YouTube. It is all mentioned there. 

The government has been in recess for four weeks. Do you expect them to just sit and watch as we have no cases? 

Jersey has 32 active cases, regardless of what the government website says. Not all recent cases have been detected from arrivals. It is just  matter of time. Maybe the one metre social distancing, limiting groups socialising, wearing masks, etc. is the key.,not for me. I prefer to wait until the time is right. We are nearly there. Two more weeks then seven days and test. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...