IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

14 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Theres nothing like a person who defends the indefensible lol DDB  makes me laugh with his attempts to sanitize anything that pours scorn on the chosen ones   

He never offers any solutions just scorn. A bit like Robertshaw. Well actually Robertshaw has one solution for all the Government's problems... @The Dog's Dangly Bitswhat's your opinion on the Govt becoming a single legal entity and getting rid of the Departmental silos?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

He never offers any solutions just scorn. A bit like Robertshaw. Well actually Robertshaw has one solution for all the Government's problems... @The Dog's Dangly Bitswhat's your opinion on the Govt becoming a single legal entity and getting rid of the Departmental silos?

Sounds great. In fact, we should just bin everyone.  Not have have anyone employed by government.  Save a fortune :thumbsup:

As for pouring scorn on things- that's sensible given what gets posted by the usual suspects.

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Why would you "love" to know?

a) like most people, I’d like to be prepared if it was all going to kick off again, especially as I’m in a job in which close contact can’t be avoided, and I have a very frail parent to care for, and

b) I’m nosey 🤓.

Thanks for asking! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So borders are reopening. Realistically what will happen? Multiple Corona cases on island within 24 hours, people who didn't have both vaccines told to stay home / protect themselves. Shops bring social distancing back after it spreads. Knee jerk reaction to quarantining on arrival again. Sounds likely? Any other scenarios you can see taking place? 

3 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

So borders are reopening. Realistically what will happen? Multiple Corona cases on island within 24 hours, people who didn't have both vaccines told to stay home / protect themselves. Shops bring social distancing back after it spreads. Knee jerk reaction to quarantining on arrival again. Sounds likely? Any other scenarios you can see taking place? 

Basically this and then they'll panic and we'll be back in a lockdown 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

You’re right, it isn’t going away, but if we’re going to the trouble of testing, wouldn’t you prefer that the testing was done at the right time? Otherwise it seems like a waste of time and resources. And, if say 50 people are walking around thinking they’re negative and they aren’t, don’t you think that’s a risk too far given the exponential growth? 

Completely agree, it’s what I was trying to say earlier on this thread, but you’ve worded it a lot better.

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

What do you mean, at the right time?

It's three travel cases.    You do realise in the next few weeks a large proportion of travellers won't be tested at all?

"Risk" seems to have become something that people have lost all perspective on sadly.

Well it’s highly likely there is more than 3 travel cases, that’s just the 3 they know about, there will be others that have tested negative and gone on to be positive as Roxanne has pointed out, this can’t really be avoided due to the incubation period, so there isn’t really much point in testing at the moment.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

That won’t happen unless we see rising hospital cases because they’ve gone past the holding hand stage, it’s upto the public to perceive risk and act appropriately, mask wearing/social distancing in shops would still be sensible, if the UK are doing it and we’ve a open border it seems a bit odd not to.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

That won’t happen unless we see rising hospital cases because they’ve gone past the holding hand stage, it’s upto the public to perceive risk and act appropriately, mask wearing/social distancing in shops would still be sensible, if the UK are doing it and we’ve a open border it seems a bit odd not to.

Does anyone actually trust them to handle this? 

They say they're past the stage of "hand holding", but they also said we wouldn't have vaccine passports. 

They also said stay away from healthcare environments 10 days after arriving back (HQ). 

We already know Quayle is shitting it.

They're BS their way along as usual. It will come back to bite just as it did in January and March. Hopefully this time the vaccine will mean less serious illness. 

Edited by AlanShimmin
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Does anyone actually trust them to handle this? 

They say they're past the stage of "hand holding", but they also said we wouldn't have vaccine passports. 

They also said stay away from healthcare environments 10 days after arriving back (HQ). 

We already know Quayle is shitting it.

They're BS their way along as usual. It will come back to bite just as it did in January and March. Hopefully this time the vaccine will mean less serious illness. 

They won’t change anything unless the shit absolutely hits the fan,  by which point the UK will be in a similar position, I do think masks/social distancing on public transport and in food retail shops would be a good idea, as these can’t be avoided by people who are unvaccinated and more likely to be hospitalised. I still see the odd person wearing a mask now but it seems a bit daft and unfair to say those who feel at risk should wear a mask when they aren’t the ones who are likely to be spreading it in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I do think masks/social distancing on public transport and in food retail shops would be a good idea

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! Don't even think about it.  For goodness sake, are you prepared to give up every freedom you used to have and are prepared to cede for ever?