Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Filippo

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, AlanShimmin said:

Government aren't going to let go of the stranglehold they have over our everyday lives, despite what Quayle may say. 

The Civil Servants employed in track and trace, the so-called border force, and all the other various covid-related positions that have popped up - they're not going to vote for Christmas and admit we don't need all of it. 

There are some big money jobs in there.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

There are some big money jobs in there.

So I believe. 
Police officers on far less money have been told that if they get employment there they will not be able to return to the Constabulary at any time!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The reality is though, with 2000 signed to visit in the first groups allowed back and UK infection rates running around 500 per 100K and increasing - then we are pretty much guaranteed that at least 10 of that group alone will be bringing it here with them - likely more as there will be couples and families travelling together infecting each other on the way.

Add that to that the mix of schools still open and no social distancing at all here etc. and lots of people here still yet to be second jabbed, then I suspect we will be up to 300 cases relatively fast.

I still think they went a month too early - I'd have waited till the schools broke up and far more of the over 50s (and over 40s) had been second jabbed - particularly not having any distancing rules in this interim period. The schools are where it will spread fastest.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why would we be locked down again?

Young adults & children develop very mild symptoms if they present any at all.

Our at risk groups have all been doubled dosed & the majority of our over 40’s at least single dosed, over 50’s almost all doubled.

The admission rates in hospitals across are on the upward curve but only ever so slightly. Younger, fitter people in for shorter periods.

Start making plans to get on with your lives or hide yourselves away.

20,000 new infections a day in the U.K. whilst 250,000 > 500,000 are receiving the vaccine DAILY!

People need to get a grip. Never in all my life have I witnessed so much bed wetting. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Why would we be locked down again?

Young adults & children develop very mild symptoms if they present any at all.

Our at risk groups have all been doubled dosed & the majority of our over 40’s at least single dosed, over 50’s almost all doubled.

The admission rates in hospitals across are on the upward curve but only ever so slightly. Younger, fitter people in for shorter periods.

Start making plans to get on with your lives or hide yourselves away.

20,000 new infections a day in the U.K. whilst 250,000 > 500,000 are receiving the vaccine DAILY!

People need to get a grip. Never in all my life have I witnessed so much bed wetting. 

I just feel that there will be a knee jerk reaction (despite the "we must learn to live with covid" line) to the inevitable surge and iom is going to shut up shop again.

 

I'm very much living my life, was at a bike festival with 7000 people at the weekend...all had to produce and report a clear covid test beforehand...lots of sanitizer stations dotted around etc...I felt very safe  

 

I just feel that the IOM Gov are going to choke when it comes to actually "living with covid"............... they will bow to pressure from the minority that want to live in isolation 

Edited by chris4652009
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, chris4652009 said:

I just feel that there will be a knee jerk reaction (despite the "we must learn to live with covid" line) to the inevitable surge and iom is going to shut up shop again.

 

I'm very much living my life, was at a bike festival with 7000 people at the weekend...all had to produce and report a clear covid test beforehand...lots of sanitizer stations dotted around etc...I felt very safe  

 

I just feel that the IOM Gov are going to choke when it comes to actually "living with covid"............... they will bow to pressure from the minority that want to live in isolation 

The data should tell them it’s no biggy.

They need to deal in real time science.

They won’t choke. They are fully geared to reopen, I know ;0)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Your definition of bed wetting is anyone not dressed as a red indian chanting some half wit slogan. Maybe you need to re-calibrate?

My idea of bed wetting is normally rationally minded intelligent people* having their sorry minds brainwashed by hogwash.

I feel for the bedwetters.

 

 

 

 

* … and a majority of pond life FB dwellers

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

The data should tell them it’s no biggy.

They need to deal in real time science.

They won’t choke. They are fully geared to reopen, I know ;0)

We'll see, I'm not convinced.....will wait a while yet before giving steam packet my money.

 

Everything crossed that you are right  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

People need to get a grip. Never in all my life have I witnessed so much bed wetting. 

That's quite a selfish attitude when we have a large number of people who for a variety of reasons cannot take the vaccine or have not had it yet.

Of course we have to move forward...but why didn't we wait till at least the schools broke up? Or even consider breaking the schools up earlier?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, chris4652009 said:

I just feel that there will be a knee jerk reaction (despite the "we must learn to live with covid" line) to the inevitable surge and iom is going to shut up shop again.

 

I'm very much living my life, was at a bike festival with 7000 people at the weekend...all had to produce and report a clear covid test beforehand...lots of sanitizer stations dotted around etc...I felt very safe  

 

I just feel that the IOM Gov are going to choke when it comes to actually "living with covid"............... they will bow to pressure from the minority that want to live in isolation 

With Tynwald pretty much closing after today and an election looming I don't see to many MHKS putting their head above the parapet and advocating one way or another that may lose them votes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, we've just spent at least 30 mins trying to find the times of opening for the covid test centre on the govt. site. Still haven't found them! Now maybe it's our fault but why aren't the times right there in front of the searcher? Maybe they are but they are not obvious to us. Like ALL govt. docs they are full of unnecessary descriptions of what they have done.

Make it simple, who, what, where, when, that's all we need!

By the way, what are the opening times of the covid test centre?

Edited by doc.fixit
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...