Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Filippo

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Of course, you raised your concerns with the appropriate authorities? 

Don't be silly Gladys, far better to come on here and boast about what you know :whistling:

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, John Wright said:

Realistically lots of us want to travel. We’ve had lock in for 16 months. I did travel for 7 weeks last summer, Spain, Italy, Greece and Bulgaria.

Travel restrictions are tougher now, and infection rates are higher, but we’ve got vaccinations. And I can get to all the places I want to go without tests or isolations if I can lay my hands on an internationally accepted digital certificate.

Brits living in the UK and Channel Islands can get them. They’ve been planning for months. Why can’t I, and why shouldn’t I be allowed to travel?

The reason is irrelevant. Although I’ve got valid reasons. But I don’t see why I should test and isolate on the way out and on the way back.

 

And fucked. My first one was Indian manufactured ( Delta ) AZ vaccine. The Indian manufactured AZ isn’t authorised or recognised by the European Medicine Agency emergency use authorisation. So the App won’t help!

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, John Wright said:

And fucked. My first one was Indian manufactured ( Delta ) AZ vaccine. The Indian manufactured AZ isn’t authorised or recognised by the European Medicine Agency emergency use authorisation. So the App won’t help!

seems this may be getting sorted very quickly

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-57628123

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Itsmeee said:

Genuine question, what’s to stop a non vaccinated person borrowing someone else’s vaccination card (mine doesn’t even have my name written on it), taking a picture and uploading it as 2+2 proof? When you apply for your vaccination exemption to enter the IOM, do they check medical records?

Yes they check iom residents before issuing the vaccination exemption

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, John Wright said:

And fucked. My first one was Indian manufactured ( Delta ) AZ vaccine. The Indian manufactured AZ isn’t authorised or recognised by the European Medicine Agency emergency use authorisation. So the App won’t help!

OK for Spain according to BBC.  Presumably it will be sorted out soon more generally and the Telegraph will have to find something else to blame the EU for.

Edited to add: Yes I should refresh the screen more and Happier diner already linked this.

Edited by Roger Mexico
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

OK for Spain according to BBC.  Presumably it will be sorted out soon more generally and the Telegraph will have to find something else to blame the EU for.

Edited to add: Yes I should refresh the screen more and Happier diner already linked this.

Yes. I’d seen that. I’m ok going to Spain via Dublin Rosslare and Bilbao or Heysham Portsmouth/Plymouth Santander. Can’t do it via France. Was hoping to go Barcelona Italy Greece Bulgaria with ferry/car ( or France Switzerland Italy Greece Bulgaria or Holland Germany Czechia  Slovakia Hungary Romania Bulgaria)  to sort out apartment for ski season. Last occupant was Paul. He did an emergency runner to get home from his ski trip before borders closed in March 2020. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, John Wright said:

Since when does a 2 week hiatus result in a month gap? Unless you count the delay at the start? But we wouldn’t have been any further ahead, due to supply.

61% of the adult population are double jabbed. At current rate all those who’ve had one jab will be double jabbed before end July. 93.15% of the adult population have had their first jab.

UK has done 85% one jab and 63% second.

Its not a race. But UK and IOM will both cross the finish line around the same time, but with IOM having a higher percentage vaccinated, if those figures are correct.

There'll be stragglers getting first doses through July and August and seconds into September. UK has been doing a steady 170,000 a day. Last 2 weeks IOM has done 1,000 a day. The IOM rate is 4x the per capita rate.

John, when the vaccination program moved from 12 weeks to 10 weeks, if we had carried on at a pace, the first two weeks of jab 2 for 10 weekers would have overlapped the last two weeks of the 12 weekers. It would not have resulted in a 2 week break. So as well as wasting those two weeks, they had to build in another two weeks of delay by taking odd days and half days off. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Cambon said:

John, when the vaccination program moved from 12 weeks to 10 weeks, if we had carried on at a pace, the first two weeks of jab 2 for 10 weekers would have overlapped the last two weeks of the 12 weekers. It would not have resulted in a 2 week break. So as well as wasting those two weeks, they had to build in another two weeks of delay by taking odd days and half days off. 

 

Cambon. You are missing the point. they should have brought forward jabs not put extra ones in between. If you brought forward already booked appointments there could not be overlap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Cambon. You are missing the point. they should have brought forward jabs not put extra ones in between. If you brought forward already booked appointments there could not be overlap.

I know. It is all part of the wasted time and is what is causing the potential risk now. If they had done it properly, all adults would have been double jabbed by the end of last month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Cambon said:

John, when the vaccination program moved from 12 weeks to 10 weeks, if we had carried on at a pace, the first two weeks of jab 2 for 10 weekers would have overlapped the last two weeks of the 12 weekers. It would not have resulted in a 2 week break. So as well as wasting those two weeks, they had to build in another two weeks of delay by taking odd days and half days off. 

 

My recollection is that we went from 10 weeks to 12 weeks, not 12 to 10. The 2 week delay was because they finished the last 10 weeker 2nd jab and then had to wait 2 weeks for the first 12 weeker 2nd jab. They could only have avoided the 2 week gap by changing the 12 weekers to 10 weekers.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

My recollection is that we went from 10 weeks to 12 weeks, not 12 to 10. The 2 week delay was because they finished the last 10 weeker 2nd jab and then had to wait 2 weeks for the first 12 weeker 2nd jab. They could only have avoided the 2 week gap by changing the 12 weekers to 10 weekers.

Correct

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, the tea-leaf and crystal-ball gazers are starting to get their excuses for gross incompetence in ahead of the inquires. And this, from Tildsley, of the high priests of 'keep the barstewards  locked down' cult: (from today's DT)

 

screenshot.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

And fucked. My first one was Indian manufactured ( Delta ) AZ vaccine. The Indian manufactured AZ isn’t authorised or recognised by the European Medicine Agency emergency use authorisation. So the App won’t help!

Both my AZ doses were from batch numbers starting with P.  You can have my card if it helps, just talk in a slightly higher tone.

(Joke, BTW.) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...