Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Filippo

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

We still test asymptomatic people for chlamydia and you can’t pass that on by breathing near someone. 

That’s not really true though is it? You don’t go to the doctor with no symptoms whatsoever and say I think I have an STI can I have a test. People generally go because they’ve been contacted by someone who has it, or they actually have symptoms of an STI. I would imagine if someone turned up at a doctors demanding an STI test but having no symptoms at all the doctor would assume that they’ve done something they regret and really it’s a psychological issue (guilt, fear etc) that’s driving the test request.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 6 day test seems a bit pointless as well.  Test and release after  a day.  Spend 5 days out and about.  Then get another test.

As for businesses,  i would want my staff double jabbed and I wouldn't be shutting for reason after that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

That’s not really true though is it? You don’t go to the doctor with no symptoms whatsoever and say I think I have an STI can I have a test. People generally go because they’ve been contacted by someone who has it, or they actually have symptoms of an STI. I would imagine if someone turned up at a doctors demanding an STI test but having no symptoms at all the doctor would assume that they’ve done something they regret and really it’s a psychological issue (guilt, fear etc) that’s driving the test request.

You're right, you bypass the doctor entirely. You simply call the GUM clinic and turn up. You don't even have to give your real name in the UK ones.

You'll find that regular STI screening is heavily encouraged after unprotected sex, or before sleeping with a new partner. Especially in age groups where they're more likely to be at risk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AlanShimmin said:

have done very nicely out of the whole testing/track & trace hierarchy. 

....a whole new gravy train and as we all know, once you're on one, you have to be dragged off it kicking and screaming.  But fear not, CV will be kept alive by vested interests long after the virus itself has fallen into the dusty annals of epidemiology.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Who?

Well let's start with the recipients of the £34BN Bunter has doled out for his 'world class' T& T system.  Or do you have a finger in that pie that you've not told us about.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Utah 01 said:

....a whole new gravy train and as we all know, once you're on one, you have to be dragged off it kicking and screaming.  But fear not, CV will be kept alive by vested interests long after the virus itself has fallen into the dusty annals of epidemiology.

If you actually look at the fundamentals of the outbreak and management in the UK, the mismanagement has always prioritised the wealthy at the expense of the lower classes.

If you can't see that, but claim it's all some conspiracy, then that's where the blindness lies. Boris doesn't want COVID, it hurts the pockets of his mates. The working class on the other hand are expendable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Utah 01 said:

Well let's start with the recipients of the £34BN Bunter has doled out for his 'world class' T& T system.  Or do you have a finger in that pie that you've not told us about.

What the fuck are you on about (again:rolleyes:)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

If all they had was a cough you shouldn't have called really.  Kids get coughs.

Agreed, always has a cough of some description, but this has been particularly bad.  To the point of vomiting a couple of times due to coughing so much and a couple of days of high temps. 

Thanks for assuming I'm a full hypochondriac though! 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m still yet to hear a coherent argument for the prolongation of testing.

It’s causing more problems than it’s preventing. It’s expensive & those being isolated are going about it in a half hearted, can’t be arsed manner anyway.

Hopefully on July 19th we’ll receive confirmation from our leader that it is to be scrapped.

If you are sick enough to receive medical attention you seek it.

THE END.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I’m still yet to hear a coherent argument for the prolongation of testing.

It’s causing more problems than it’s preventing. It’s expensive & those being isolated are going about it in a half hearted, can’t be arsed manner anyway.

Hopefully on July 19th we’ll receive confirmation from our leader that it is to be scrapped.

If you are sick enough to receive medical attention you seek it.

THE END.

The whole point behind testing is it's telling you if you're getting your approach right.

If it is working on the island, and we're keeping cases down, then great. We can demonstrate we're a world leader in living normally, with minimal spread.

But we should be doing enough to prove that, not wing it on a gut feeling because not enough people have gotten ill yet.

Edited by AcousticallyChallenged
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

The whole point behind testing is it's telling you if you're getting your approach right.

If it is working on the island, and we're keeping cases down, then great. We can demonstrate we're a world leader in living normally, with minimal spread.

But we should be doing enough to prove that, not wing it on a gut feeling because not enough people have gotten ill yet.

It's what they're doing with the results that are causing the problems. 

Isolating healthy people (vaxxed or unvaxxed) is insane. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2021 at 1:17 PM, kevster said:

"The numbers of the batches not approved by the European Union are 4120Z001, 4120Z002 and 4120Z003."

So I've just emailed Ashie this:IMG_2392.png.9a90f782db63fb09ce53060cefb934ba.png

 

On 7/9/2021 at 1:19 PM, swoopy2110 said:

 

Let us know what he comes back with please.

Got a reply from Ashie

The press release is not stating those batches were not administered on island. They were, what has been stated is the status of these batches has now changed. The issue with those batches was an error on the EU’s part in relation to those batches and the EU has reversed its advice last week. Basically it’s now been confirmed by the EMA that after further examination those three batches do comply with the EMA licence. The EU thought they did not so listed them as none compliant but in fact it’s emerged they do comply as they contain no Covishield vaccines. The U.K. has proved this to the EMA so  those batches are fine and are in fact covered by the existing EMA licence. The EU had assumed all batches coming from India to anywhere in the world were Covishield which is not the case. All EU countries I believe have been informed of this so there is no reason Malta should be barring entry to anyone with those batches numbers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

It's what they're doing with the results that are causing the problems. 

Isolating healthy people (vaxxed or unvaxxed) is insane. 

If that person can make someone else ill, how do you mitigate their risk to other people whilst they are infectious?

You've got morality, economics and health are rolled into one big mess.

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...