IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 hours ago, Gladys said:

So who is advising?  The Emergency Advisory Group has not published any more minutes of meetings, are they meeting, is their advice being sought, who is running the show?

Imo. The EAG was a total waste of time. They came up with senseless advice that no one has taken any notice of. 

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

Imo. The EAG was a total waste of time. They came up with senseless advice that no one has taken any notice of. 

Indeed, created too late, almost as a sop.  So, who is running the show/setting strategy?  I would hate to think that the impending GE is hampering any real strategic thought at this critical time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, immortalpuppet said:

Hearing the same thing over and over “not answering a number I don’t recognise, track and trace can’t get hold of me I don’t have to isolate”

I have seen some of the lengths they go through if it’s high risk but the point being if en mass the public are not willing to self isolate when they are not symptomatic, something has to be done to either relax or as above simplify the advice.

Mixed messages when the IOMG want to stay out of our lives and let us make the right decision but then put a couple of thousand people into self Isolation when they are not Ill or symptomatic 

On other forums I visit there's a lot of people deleting the track and trace app in the uk. 

1 minute ago, immortalpuppet said:

Yes there have been a few from the Nunnery that have gone on to test positive 

Which is strange as evidence has shown outside transmission is very low. Maybe they had it prior to going?

6 hours ago, wrighty said:

If the rules around testing and isolation aren’t simplified, clarified and relaxed I expect the island to be effectively locked-down in a matter of days. Cases are going up, thus contacts of cases or suspected cases are going up more, resulting in many places being unable to function. Testing is going up in parallel with this, while swabbers and contact tracers are going off into isolation themselves. I foresee a big mess. 

If I were in charge I’d simplify testing to only those who were symptomatic or unvaccinated very close contacts (ie sleep together) of definite cases. Isolation would be only for definite positives - contacts, those awaiting tests,  people testing negative but symptomatic - wear a mask. Everyone else - get on with it, wash hands, and cut down on the gratuitous continental style hugging/kissing. 

@wrightyI just with you were in charge of overseeing it all. 

The reaction has been so far "We'll retire it later in the week/next week".  All too little too late as usual. We don't need more rules and restrictions but we need to lose track and trace. 

As of yesterday David Ashford didn't have to hand a figure for the number of people that had been sentenced to iso after being a 'contact'. That seems crazy as surely that is a basic indicator of the current situation. 

1 hour ago, immortalpuppet said:

Hearing the same thing over and over “not answering a number I don’t recognise, track and trace can’t get hold of me I don’t have to isolate”

I have seen some of the lengths they go through if it’s high risk but the point being if en mass the public are not willing to self isolate when they are not symptomatic, something has to be done to either relax or as above simplify the advice.

Not answering/blocking 685111 is a good start. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

I really hope this is true. 

I agree that the track and trace has got a bit silly and over zealous.

However we need something to put some control the number of infected and symptomatic persons circulating freely.

Encourage those with symptoms to stay home.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

@wrightyI just with you were in charge of overseeing it all. 

The reaction has been so far "We'll retire it later in the week/next week".  All too little too late as usual. We don't need more rules and restrictions but we need to lose track and trace. 

As of yesterday David Ashford didn't have to hand a figure for the number of people that had been sentenced to iso after being a 'contact'. That seems crazy as surely that is a basic indicator of the current situation. 

Not his department so he won't have easy access to the figures.