IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 hours ago, kevster said:

They should have shown them Ashie's reply to my email

Am I in a miniscule minority who thinks very contemptuously about our DHSC Minister?

Top World Class Qualified Pandemic Expert David Ashford MBE's Press Release last Friday said that there was no need for anyone here to be concerned about the three Astra Zeneca Batches which have been banned by Malta and others as they are not yet EU approved. He specifically said that no-one has any reason to worry as none of those three batches had been received in the Isle of Man. See: https://covid19.gov.im/news-releases-statements/no-covishield-vaccines-administered-in-the-isle-of-man/

I quote ''Minister for Health and Social Care, David Ashford MHK, said: ''As no Covishield branded vaccines have been administered here in the Isle of Man, there is no need for the public to be concerned about any EU travel implications.''

He surely knew, and he certainly ought to have known, his facts properly about this and he was quite simply and obviously completely misleading and wrong. There were in fact OVER FIVE MILLION DOSES of vaccine received by the UK which bear these batch nos. As the island gets 0.13% of all vaccine doses received by the UK then the IOM will have received and used around 6500 doses of those with the same three batch numbers received and administered here. no-one should be in any doubt about that despite 'Doctor' Ashford MBE's unqualified total assurances to the contrary.

There is no suggestion that this vaccine is substandard. The issue is that the EMA has not authorised it because the Indian manufacturers are yet to seek a licence to use it in Europe. That is causing travel problems with some countries already including Malta. 

I feel strongly that Top World Class Qualified Pandemic Expert David Ashford MBE yet again owes everyone a big apology.

Meantime, if you have had one or two Oxford / AstraZeneca jabs and wish to check your vaccination card to see if you had any from the relevant batch numbers which should be written or stamped on the vaccine card you received at your first appointment, the relevant numbers of the affected batches are as follows: 4120Z001 and 4120Z002 and 4120Z003.

I have been astonished throughout these last 16 months at the permanent Teflon coated widespread popularity of Top World Class Qualified Pandemic Expert David Ashford MBE which I consider to be wholly misplaced.

I have no idea why he is so popular in the face of his Great Shredding Incident after seeming to do his very best to discredit and undermine the island's own world class Genomics expert Rachel Glover and  thereafter in that sort of vein. Not to mention also: the long-time lack of testing here, the wholly inadequate testing after they did eventually start to do some testing, the appalling lack of, and much later glacially slow, expensive Genomic Sequencing when our world-class expert Manxwoman Dr Glover consistently offered 24 hour turnarounds and to do so free of charge for many months only to be completely ignored, the obscenity of the needlessly delayed late Vaccine roll-outs from receipt of the first vaccines around mid December until after the DHSC's holidays were over in January, his forced apology to  the House of Keys on 15 April after he gave the House of Keys completely wrong information about a Covid19 vaccine related death, his ridiculous and unique two week ''holiday' pause in June (''they need and deserve a holiday'') despite plenty volunteer jabbers being available at that ongoing most critical juncture which further endangered the population needlessly while at the same time his Government were opening up the borders etc etc etc etc.

Did ''Minister Dr Top Class Pandemic Expert'' Ashford MBE really totally fail to understand that this has been, and remains, a race between vaccinations and infections.....

All absolutely astonishing. The Isle of Man. Where seemingly you can fool almost all of the people all of the time... 

Am I the only one who thinks very contemptuously about our DHSC Minister?

Edited by Cassie2
Some typos and clarification
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

32 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

This is starting to feel like Life Of Brian again

The messiah sketch BTW

"the only person with any sort of independent view left" - Get real

Yes in a world of noise I find she provides clarity, I believe she provides a well balanced view without being extreme pro or anti anything, for me that’s refreshing.

My understanding of Science is that it’s all about theories and hypothesis, that’s why I follow what has been written by leading scientists and I don’t just mean Dr Glover, her Twitter is mostly made up of posts from other leading scientists.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

Am I the only one who thinks very contemptuously about our DHSC Minister?

Most people who know Ashford know he’s had a career of very little note so far. Bar manager, admin clerk and project manager then town councilor for the most profligate council in the IOM. He’s managed to just be part of whatever furniture exists and appears to have been drawn into politics as little old ladies seem to like him and he likes to feel important as he seems relatively insecure at just being David Ashford. On that basis I’m sure most people would also suspect that any of our COVID-19 responses have tangibly little to do with him. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

I’m a smart guy & she’s no more qualified than I nor anyone else to have a reasoned opinion on this virus or the easing of restrictions.

She can genome sequence with the best of them I’m sure.

The University of Warwick & Sage experts have proved their incompetence on an all too frequent basis. There are no experts.

When, oh when, will scientist realise that their job isn't to find out how things work - it's to tell anonymous posters on the internet what they want to hear.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Yes in a world of noise I find she provides clarity, I believe she provides a well balanced view without being extreme pro or anti anything, for me that’s refreshing.

My understanding of Science is that it’s all about theories and hypothesis, that’s why I follow what has been written by leading scientists and I don’t just mean Dr Glover, her Twitter is mostly made up of posts from other leading scientists.

So now is just her....but also other leading scientists. 

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

So now is just her....but also other leading scientists. 

Well I read from multiple sources in an effort to balance my own view, I like and respect Dr Glovers opinion and I also like the stats/quotes from other leading scientists she share from. All in all, I find Covid 19 and all the problems it creates along the way absolutely fascinating. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

They’ve made it perfectly clear that no restrictions will be put into place unless the NHS becomes overwhelmed, we could have 1000 cases but if there is still beds spare in ICU nothing will make change. Doesn’t mean I agree with it, I’m still waiting for the fallout, admittedly it’s taking a lot longer than I thought.

The testing numbers show 70% were symptomatic and it’s well known this is mostly an asymtomatic variant. There will be a lot more cases than shown, still 0 in hospital is impressive.

It shows the vaccine works and the government need to make life as difficult as possible for those who won't have it.

I have two relatives that won't have it. One elderly.  The other late 40s and working in a business of their own where contact with others is mandatory.

Utterly insane.  The changes tomorrow will reward vaccinated people.   As I pointed out to the person concerned, you'll be spending a lot of time not working.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Well its the same type of people who don’t realise 90% efficiency is still 1 in 10, it’s just 90% sounds better than 1 in 10.

Really, it's that sort of hysteria that feeds the flat earth anti vax brigade.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

So what about the ones that cant have the vaccine el tel? 

A very very tiny minority of adults that applies to. As well you know.

You can make rules all time to placate the lowest common denominator.

2 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

It shows the vaccine works and the government need to make life as difficult as possible for those who won't have it.

I have two relatives that won't have it. One elderly.  The other late 40s and working in a business of their own where contact with others is mandatory.

Utterly insane.  The changes tomorrow will reward vaccinated people.   As I pointed out to the person concerned, you'll be spending a lot of time not working.

Until all the trials are complete I think there will always be people who are cautious, it is their choice and we can’t force them to have the vaccine but the repercussions will be exactly as you’ve wrote.