IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

I don't care who you are, how stressed you might be, how impatient you might be, if you are doing things like this you need to have a long hard look at yourself and if you don't like it fuck off to the other island and try treating people like that and see how far you get.

Over the last couple of days, some members of the public attending their COVID tests at the Grandstand have reduced members of our Swabbing Team to tears with vile and abusive behaviour. Aggressive or threatening behaviour towards any staff will not be tolerated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Having just found out that there is a case at my kids school can someone tell me why they then stop inter school sports etc?

It was obvious it was in the school.  It is obvious it is in all of them and until kids are tested they won’t know or care. So why disrupt their lives further?

Fingers crossed for tomorrow being an announcement along the lines of “it’s here. We knew it was coming. We are as protected as we can be. No more testing or isolating. Crack on people.”

8 minutes ago, The Chief said:

I don't care who you are, how stressed you might be, how impatient you might be, if you are doing things like this you need to have a long hard look at yourself and if you don't like it fuck off to the other island and try treating people like that and see how far you get.

They always come up with this crap before a public briefing, especially when figures dont look good. It gives ashie a chance to lecture us about things that probably didnt happen in the first place

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Chief said:

People acting like that should get a positive result by default. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, the stinking enigma said:

They always come up with this crap before a public briefing, especially when figures dont look good. It gives ashie a chance to lecture us about things that probably didnt happen in the first place

They did happen, it's just the evidence was shredded. Honest.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

If I'm running a customer facing business at the moment the staff would be in face masks and I'd be wanting them vaccinated.

if you were running a customer facing business it would probably be bankrupt in short order so no need to spend money on PPE for staff.

3 hours ago, pongo said:

Would it be fair to say that politically you have often tended towards the slightly more bullish side with respect to the relaxation of restrictions. That to me has long seemed both a political and a medical issue, with opinion seemingly often closely reflecting people's wider political and economic perspectives (the extreme end of that spectrum being occupied by the kind of freedom - kooks who write here about "face nappies" etc).

Related to that - what progress do you see with respect to this previous idea? Where would you say that Britain is up to now with respect to herd immunity, 7 months on?

I can't be bothered to dig out my 9 month old post, but I do recall the bit you're quoting.  The important word you seem to disregard is 'if' - at the time I was saying that 'if' their cases continued growing without some measures being brought in, then about 80% of the population would have been infected in a few weeks, giving herd immunity, along with an awful lot of collateral damage in the process.  At that time in October Boris was planning for a nice family christmas for everyone, but then had to bring in restrictions as the NHS started to fall over.

They probably do have herd immunity over there now.  To a degree, at least.  Cases may be going up, but deaths are not matching as they did over winter.  Last antibody survey I saw indicated 80% coverage, so they're there or thereabouts.

I am generally 'bullish' I suppose, with regard to lifting restrictions.  I'm an optimist, generally.  Restrictions were necessary to protect the NHS, but not any more I don't think.  The NHS's problems now are likely to be due to pent up demand from non-covid work, and staffing issues due to overwork, covid-fatigue, burnout, mass early retirement, recruitment issues, and inability to cover rotas as people are still having to isolate as one of their facebook friends tested positive.  Continuing restrictions will exacerbate those problems.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I don't give a fuck about the briefing, its about an attitude of I'm not getting what I want I will kick off.

If it were up to me i would refuse them a test and they can isolate for the full period.