IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

24 minutes ago, Danoo said:

So according to the above a person who has not been vaccinated is 25 times more likely to be hospitalised than a vaccinated individual. However they have 12 people in hospital who have COVID and it's 50/50.

Did someone sense check this press release before it went out?  

A number of those vaccinated went in to hospital for other reasons and subsequently tested positive. They were asymptomatic. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

A number of those vaccinated went in to hospital for other reasons and subsequently tested positive. They were asymptomatic. 

It doesn't make that distinction in the text. 

2 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

People aren’t being admitted to hospital from Covid on a 50/50 vax / non vax split

'There are currently 12 patients in the General Hospital who have COVID, with half having been fully-vaccinated. Eight were admitted due to COVID, with the remainder admitted for other reasons and found to be positive for COVID when tested as part of admission screening. Two people are currently in the Intensive Care Unit.

Dr Ivan Muscat, Deputy Medical Officer of Health, said: “I must emphasise the importance of being vaccinated to be protected against COVID. A person who has not been vaccinated is 25 times more likely to be hospitalised than a vaccinated individual'

That is an excerpt from the press release earlier today.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

So erm when can we stop talking about COVID and get onto important things like roundabouts and bridges being built.  Bored of this whole thing now

I got a message from work saying someone who hasn’t been in since Wednesday has tested positive…..well he hasn’t been in since Wednesday (so been ill and stayed off work) and hasn’t licked my face and sits miles away from me. Iv been double jabbed but Iv still been invited to talk about any concerns I may have…..    he is sick he has stayed off work, rest of us get on…seriously stop pandering people 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Danoo said:

'There are currently 12 patients in the General Hospital who have COVID, with half having been fully-vaccinated. Eight were admitted due to COVID, with the remainder admitted for other reasons and found to be positive for COVID when tested as part of admission screening. Two people are currently in the Intensive Care Unit.

Dr Ivan Muscat, Deputy Medical Officer of Health, said: “I must emphasise the importance of being vaccinated to be protected against COVID. A person who has not been vaccinated is 25 times more likely to be hospitalised than a vaccinated individual'

That is an excerpt from the press release earlier today.

I’m flicking between F1 and TDF so I’m presumably missing your point. Leave you to it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danoo said:

If you would....

Your own post says four of the twelve would have been in hospital COVID or not.  It doesn’t break down which were fully jabbed up.

Edited by Ramseyboi

2 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Your own post says four of the twelve would have been in hospital COVID or not.  It doesn’t break down which were fully jabbed up.

I know. What part of it don't you get? They have 12 people in with COVID and 6 have been fully vaccinated. Now if you are 25 times more likely to be admitted unvaxxed than vaxxed then those 6 in there who have been double jabbed must be the unluckiest people on the island. 

1 minute ago, Danoo said:

I know. What part of it don't you get? They have 12 people in with COVID and 6 have been fully vaccinated. Now if you are 25 times more likely to be admitted unvaxxed than vaxxed then those 6 in there who have been double jabbed must be the unluckiest people on the island. 

What?

Who says 25 times less likely to be admitted to hospital with a positive test if fully vaxxed?

I haven’t seen any evidence or even suggestion of that anywhere.

Double vaxxed people are by nature far more likely to get admitted to hospital than others?

13 minutes ago, Danoo said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayes'_theorem

If about 80% of the population are vaccinated, but 6/12 admissions to hospital are vaxxed, are they unlucky, or is it just a fact of conditional probability?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wrighty said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayes'_theorem

If about 80% of the population are vaccinated, but 6/12 admissions to hospital are vaxxed, are they unlucky, or is it just a fact of conditional probability?

I'd agree with the conditional probability aspect although I think Jersey's figures are 2/3 of adults are fully vaccinated, not 80% of the population.  

I'd also therefore dispute the 25/1 suggested ratio which was put forward too, which doesn't quite stack up. It's quite a claim.