IOM Covid removing restrictions

1 minute ago, finlo said:

Nonsense! You've got Skype and Zoom when the internet is working!

Ha Ha.  Yeah, of course. 

Sorry I forgot that that makes recruiting staff to relocate here and ensuring they have. adequate time with their families and all the relevant training a doddle.

There will no doubt be new residents looking fr "safe haven" when restrictions allow, but the fact is people are already leaving and not coming back, and others are reducing their reliance on the Island or bailing out of plans to move here

• Like 1
  • Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can you guys start a separate thread titled "Jersey is ace - oh no it isn't" and leave this one to a discussion on IOM and the coronavirus?

It's a safe place right now because of the Manx people, not the Manx politicians. None of us want to be "the person who brought it back" so we isolate and make sure we don't transmit the virus by bein

Ratio of admissions to deaths is not that different, testing is obviously out due to the massive capacity increase like just about everywhere in the world.    The current UK situation is impact

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Rubbish. You are making that up as nobody can disprove it.

Whatever.  It can be easily proven but I am not doing it here.  You just need to talk to the people its impacting - there are plenty of them.

Edited by trmpton
2 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Ha Ha.  Yeah, of course. 

Sorry I forgot that that makes recruiting staff to relocate here and ensuring they have. adequate time with their families and all the relevant training a doddle.

There will no doubt be new residents looking fr "safe haven" when restrictions allow, but the fact is people are already leaving and not coming back, and others are reducing their reliance on the Island or bailing out of plans to move here

Really ?

Just now, trmpton said:

Ha Ha.  Yeah, of course. 

Don't know if this is connected to your post. I notice almost no cars have been parked outside Pokerstars since before the Bank Holiday. Have they lost most of their staff?

1 minute ago, trmpton said:

Whatever.  It can be easily proven but I am not doing it here.  You just need to talk to the people its impacting - there are plenty of them.

Such as who. Qualify your statements then.

3 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Such as who. Qualify your statements then.

Estate agents. Lawyers.  The people who were going to supply infrastructure to new startup and places that were due to expand.

Ask around.  You might be surprised.

Call me cynical, but on the very day the CM is due to make a State of the Nation address over COVID, our state sponsored radio station publish the following article which is basically referencing Level 3. Oh, and as if by surprise one of the interviewees is a Suzi Holland who is a part-time journalist whose husband was a former spin doctor for the IOM Gov. What a coincidence...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/uk-based-manx-people-call-for-iom-border-change/

8 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

Call me cynical, but on the very day the CM is due to make a State of the Nation address over COVID, our state sponsored radio station publish the following article which is basically referencing Level 3. Oh, and as if by surprise one of the interviewees is a Suzi Holland who is a part-time journalist whose husband was a former spin doctor for the IOM Gov. What a coincidence...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/uk-based-manx-people-call-for-iom-border-change/

Well the demand for changes has been growing from residents who have close family in UK.

• Like 1