Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Filippo

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It simply makes no sense as an explanation.  It doesn't surprise me that they have set up a separate system to do the Dashboard rather than plug into an existing one, because making things more complicated is what they do and the Manx NHS never saw a system that it didn't want to pointlessly duplicate.  And anyone looking at the figures in detail was aware that no cross-checking was done even when numbers were low.

But the differences here were always so ridiculously out of line that even the most cursory look at the figures should throw up warning indicators.  Several of us on MF picked this up as long ago as Wednesday, but none of the civil service super-brains   apparently noticed, even when the discrepancy was in three figures.  Either these people are incredibly stupid or they think everyone else is.  Probably both.

They don’t give shit!

Edited by Major Rushen
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It simply makes no sense as an explanation.  It doesn't surprise me that they have set up a separate system to do the Dashboard rather than plug into an existing one, because making things more complicated is what they do and the Manx NHS never saw a system that it didn't want to pointlessly duplicate.  And anyone looking at the figures in detail was aware that no cross-checking was done even when numbers were low.

But the differences here were always so ridiculously out of line that even the most cursory look at the figures should throw up warning indicators.  Several of us on MF picked this up as long ago as Wednesday, but none of the civil service super-brains   apparently noticed, even when the discrepancy was in three figures.  Either these people are incredibly stupid or they think everyone else is.  Probably both.

What I don't get is why they didn't issue a press release when they noticed. That is what makes it underhand and deliberate.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

What I don't get is why they didn't issue a press release when they noticed. That is what makes it underhand and deliberate.

They either think the GMP and Media are stupid or they just don’t care. 
 

Wonder how I’d have got on understating my VAT outputs on my VAT return and blaming lag if anyone noticed. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

When did normal every day joes become obsessed with how many people are in hospital? I genuinely can't remember a time where people have cared so much over hospital space despite it getting stretched to breaking point every year

I guess when it became a metric by which the Government starting impacting up their day to day existence......

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

When did normal every day joes become obsessed with how many people are in hospital? I genuinely can't remember a time where people have cared so much over hospital space despite it getting stretched to breaking point every year

I guess when it became a metric by which the Government starting impacting upon their day to day existence......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

TP any chance you can link these twitter posts, please?

Look up:

@TheIslanderIOM

@malew51

@2of

@Ronague

 

 

They will be involved in most of the end of the world threads.

I don't follow any of them but they keep appearing on my timeline as suggested topics to which I don't have enough limbs to facepalm enough. As long as they are enjoying themselves I wish them well but holy fuck its painful.

Edited by immortalpuppet
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

They either think the GMP and Media are stupid or they just don’t care...

A well-balanced mix of the above. Especially the stupid bit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, immortalpuppet said:

Look up:

@TheIslanderIOM

@malew51

@2of

@Ronague

 

 

They will be involved in most of the end of the world threads.

I don't follow any of them but they keep appearing on my timeline as suggested topics to which I don't have enough limbs to facepalm enough. As long as they are enjoying themselves I wish them well but holy fuck its painful.

Oh this lot are off the charts doom.

If you’ve had a bad day, follow these accounts for immediate thoughts of self harm.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, immortalpuppet said:

Look up:

@TheIslanderIOM

@malew51

@2of

@Ronague

 

 

They will be involved in most of the end of the world threads.

I don't follow any of them but they keep appearing on my timeline as suggested topics to which I don't have enough limbs to facepalm enough. As long as they are enjoying themselves I wish them well but holy fuck its painful.

Where were these experts (the ones that keep getting re-tweeted and popping up saying how terrible it's going to be) when we had the last flu outbreak in 2018? https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jan/18/flu-outbreak-gps-under-huge-pressure-as-deaths-soar-to-120

Why are they not concerned about current levels of flu and pneumonia?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

When did normal every day joes become obsessed with how many people are in hospital? I genuinely can't remember a time where people have cared so much over hospital space despite it getting stretched to breaking point every year

Well maybe when it became possible that they might end up in hospital themselves?  Random epidemics have a way of concentrating the mind.

But there's an important wider point here that you allude to.  The NHS in the UK has been reducing the number of hospital beds it has for decades now and now has one of the lowest levels in Europe.  All in the name of 'efficiency' of course.  The Isle of Man has followed suit.  If you don't have much slack, it means that it doesn't take much to paralyse the Hospital and waiting lists grow and grow.  Maybe it should get stretched every year and it certainly should be stretched in July. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well maybe when it became possible that they might end up in hospital themselves?  Random epidemics have a way of concentrating the mind.

But there's an important wider point here that you allude to.  The NHS in the UK has been reducing the number of hospital beds it has for decades now and now has one of the lowest levels in Europe.  All in the name of 'efficiency' of course.  The Isle of Man has followed suit.  If you don't have much slack, it means that it doesn't take much to paralyse the Hospital and waiting lists grow and grow.  Maybe it should get stretched every year and it certainly should be stretched in July. 

its funny how those same Joe's don't seem to be as obsessed during certain racing periods where A&E, Trauma and ITU fill up rapidly over the 2 weeks.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Chief said:

its funny how those same Joe's don't seem to be as obsessed during certain racing periods where A&E, Trauma and ITU fill up rapidly over the 2 weeks.

Does that actually happen though?  Clearly there will be some, but a lot of the more serious cases get flown off-Island nowadays.  I've always got the impression that the closing down of a lot of routine hospital work over those periods was more because they built the Hospital in a bloody silly place.

(And of course a lot of people do complain about it).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...