IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, Danoo said:

In which case we need to have a fully comprehensive menu of lifestyle options, choices and consequences. Based on clear transparent medical evidence. If we are going to do it for one topic then we do it for all. Obesity. Alcohol. Cigarettes. Junk food. Drugs (both legal and illegal). Exercise frequency....the list could go on. 

some people smoke 50 a day and live into their 90's, some die at 40, we are all different, what affects you may not affect me

• Like 3

Anyway… there’s not a toilet roll to be had in Garff and I’m down to my last one. Shelves in the coop are also worryingly empty of stock. According to the lovely young man serving me, “They’re all doing it again”.  I’m assume he meant stockpiling. 

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Peston there, taking something true but not providing the correct context, making things appear more alarming than they actually are 

Peston's journalistic integrity is about as good as Laura Kuenssburg's (who FYI should still be prosecuted for breaking electoral law by releasing results before the returning official).

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, WTF said:

some people smoke 50 a day and live into their 90's, some die at 40, we are all different, what affects you may not affect me

Quite. 

Some people will get COVID and have nothing more than a mild headache. Others will end up in hospital because of poor lifestyle choices up to that date. Jab or no jab. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

That's fine, providing she doesn't complain about travel restrictions being placed on her as discriminatory.

ETA and has the jab when offered.

As long as the travel restrictions affect her and me equally I don’t think she anything to complain about. 

2 minutes ago, Danoo said:

Quite. 

Some people will get COVID and have nothing more than a mild headache. Others will end up in hospital because of poor lifestyle choices up to that date. Jab or no jab. 

All these ruddy old people not choosing to keel over at 60, selfish really isn't it? How dare they choose keep on kicking into their 80s and beyond.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

As long as the travel restrictions affect her and me equally I don’t think she anything to complain about. 

There are plenty of places pre-COVID where proof of vaccination is needed.

The French for all their anti-vax ways require all kids going to school to have vaccinations. No vaccination, no school. https://www.efe.com/efe/english/technology/france-makes-11-child-vaccines-compulsory-no-school/50000267-3480979

From an infection control viewpoint why should you both be treated the same because you are not? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

That's fine, providing she doesn't complain about travel restrictions being placed on her as discriminatory.

The anti vaxxer’s are just another group polarized by a lot of the hysteria around COVID-19. Some of the funniest debates on Twitter now are when the doom mongers attack the anti vaxxer’s. It’s like we’re all going to die if we don’t stay in lockdown, but I’m so angry at you for not getting vaccinated. But you’ve just said we’re all going to die anyway. Well I know that but you need to get vaccinated you moron. But you’ve just said we’re all going to die anyway so what’s the point. Etc, etc. Two hugely over reacting sides sides of the same coin to me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

The anti vaxxer’s are just another group polarized by a lot of the hysteria around COVID-19. Some of the funniest debates on Twitter now are when the doom mongers attack the anti vaxxer’s. It’s like we’re all going to die if we don’t stay in lockdown, but I’m so angry at you for not getting vaccinated. But you’ve just said we’re all going to die anyway. Well I know that but you need to get vaccinated you moron. But you’ve just said we’re all going to die anyway so what’s the point. Etc, etc. Two hugely over reacting sides sides of the same coin to me. 

The time for debate/conversation is long gone you're either a mental anti vaxxer who is going to go round killing the elderly or a lockdown fanatic who just wants everyone to sit round in a bubble till you die. There is no middle ground.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

From an infection control viewpoint why should you both be treated the same because you are not? 

For the same reason Guernsey have just announced that vaccinated travellers to the island from blue countries have to have had a negative test up to 48 hours before entering.  Which makes complete sense. I am equally as susceptible to contracting COVID as my daughter.

For the same reason Guernsey have just announced that vaccinated travellers to the island from blue countries have to have had a negative test up to 48 hours before entering.  Which makes complete sense. I am equally as susceptible to contracting COVID as my daughter.

Have you got any figures to support that?

My understanding is that infection acquired immunity less effective than vaccination-acquired immunity. This is why it's recommended even when you've had the virus.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Do the the vaccines prevent onward transmission? How long does the protection last for?