IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

56 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Because LFTs are unreliable and it's unfair to make someone isolate just because some crap test gets it wrong.  Though, as I've said before, I reckon the PCRs must be screwed up as well at the moment, probably due to Lab contamination.

BMJ article today - LFT specificity 99.94%, so if it says you’re positive you’re almost certainly positive. It’s sensitivity that is suspect, overall only 40%. So if you’re negative you may be positive!

• Like 2

@BenFairfax - genuinely curious, as you seem to have a very bold statement using your numbers around the future timeline of our current Covid “wave”, has your modelling been accurate to date?

Is there a simple graphical format an idiot such as myself could follow depicting your timeline, the factual timeline?

Thanks

9 hours ago, HeliX said:

Yes, but she couldn't go on the bus. I'm not asking what the family members of people in hospital positive with Covid are doing. I'm asking how a Covid positive person can be discharged if they have no-one to take them home.

Pre booked taxi, ambulance, patient transport or family member driving. You really are over thinking.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AlanShimmin said:

If you want to try and scare people you should be standing in the election 

Or a local authority. Onchan binmen might die if you don’t double bag your rubbish and quarantine your snotty hankies for 72 hours. Absolute rubbish https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/protect-bin-men-from-virus-plea/

15 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Or a local authority. Onchan binmen might die if you don’t double bag your rubbish and quarantine your snotty hankies for 72 hours. Absolute rubbish https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/protect-bin-men-from-virus-plea/

Because apart from covid, there’s literally zero health risk from everything else that people put in the bin. I had a similar conversation with a cleaner worried they could catch covid from cleaning a toilet - presumably before covid they didn’t bother washing hands and were quite happy to generate aerosols while cleaning out the bowl :rolleyes:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

Most bin men don't touch the rubbish, the wheelie bins are wheeled to the lorry which picks them up and empties them.  I am starting to despair!

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Raffles said:

Not sure I understand the logic in asking people who have tested positive from an LFT at home, being asked to go get a PCR test after that. 

Contact tracing has been done away with, why not ask everyone who tests positive on LFT to isolate? What is the point of another test, exposing the staff to the virus etc?

Absolutely. If it comes back positive you are surely at least 99.9% sure to be positive. 

I think the reason for the PCR is to make it a legal obligation.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Most bin men don't touch the rubbish, the wheelie bins are wheeled to the lorry which picks them up and empties them.  I am starting to despair!

Starting Gladys!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Exactly I bet no bin man has touched the contents of a bin for about 15 years. It’s straight onto the jib of the wagon and tipped inside. All bagged. But they’re clearly thinking of silly rules to enforce that achieve nothing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

This is up there with the people who still 'quarantine' their post - and spend ages scrubbing every inch of their Tesco trolley with those wipes.   All whilst not wearing a mask.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Exactly I bet no bin man has touched the contents of a bin for about 15 years. It’s straight onto the jib of the wagon and tipped inside. All bagged. But they’re clearly thinking of silly rules to enforce that achieve nothing. 

All Island binmen are a heavily protected species...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just for AC to choke over during lunch - and yet another example of the statistical manipulation pushed out by the 'fear' machine - from DT, so widely loved by the Mirror and Morning Star readers and those that have been gullible enough to actually believe a word from 'the State' since last  March here on the forum.  And of course, it didn't happen here.

screenshot.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Don't read too much into that, though.

A friend in the medical industry, who was double jabbed + 2 a while back. has just recovered from Covid.

He reported that "when I was feeling really ill (a 24 hour period) I was producing negative lateral flow and PCR tests. It was a few days after that positive lateral flow & PCR appeared. My GP tells me they are seeing this in the vaccinated population. Had I not rechecked on home lateral flows twice daily and a second PCR, I would have merrily gone to work last week , or to the shops, travel etc."

So, had he been ill enough to go into hospital, he would have tested negative on arrival.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1