Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Filippo

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

I read it that it’s more about being told by government that we have to crack on and live with covid when at the same time that very same government is clearly not cracking on and dealing with covid otherwise they’d be running all services to support the public. It seems that it’s only the public who are just expected to crack on. 

You talk about this government as if it's this single joined up entity. In reality it's a collection of rag tag empires all running how they see fit, squabbling with each other and resulting in a disjointed set of overpaid armies which the public has to somehow pay for and meander it's way around to live day to day. 

Edited by Danoo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2021 at 10:11 PM, Barlow said:

When Hitler was making plans for post Great Britain invasion the Isle of Man was to be the playground for the Nazis running GB.

We'd have done alright out of that.

From that era there are maps of Isle of Man in German. There is also a particularly extensive collection of photos throughout the Island. The maps crop up now and again on such as Ebay. The photo collection is a one off and as far as I know has never fully surfaced.


ETA:

 

ww-2-german-invasion-map-of-isle-of-man_11731_main_size4.jpg

From site: https://www.bulldogmilitaria.co.uk/en-GB/all-items/ww-2-german-invasion-map-of-isle-of-man/prod_11731

The map just arrived :) Sadly, the invasion is off for now after high command saw the price of steam packet tickets and decided disguising troops as tourists would be way too expensive.

E7Xz3PkXoAMuooL.jpg

E7Xz3PeX0AM0Es3.jpg

E7Xz3QEXIAM03wR.jpg

E7Xz3RiWUAIPfAp.jpg

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Danoo said:

Really, just give it a rest now. You'll do us and your own heart rate a big favour.

GPs being funded under winter payments scheme now so urgent same day appointments will be available. 

A and E under great strain due to ...er....Covid and its impact ? What...still? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

The map just arrived :) Sadly, the invasion is off for now after high command saw the price of steam packet tickets and decided disguising troops as tourists would be way too expensive.

They could use their own transport. As this German chap did in 1929 when he landed his monoplane on Douglas Beach:

1010487335_19290612MNHp04GermanMonoplaneDouglasforeshore.png.31f6a6398c0f28e5ea6836cd9f53c267.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Apple said:

GPs being funded under winter payments scheme now so urgent same day appointments will be available. 

A and E under great strain due to ...er....Covid and its impact ? What...still? 

Eh?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Danoo said:

Throwing endless amounts of money away when the evidence is showing that the collective immunity of the island is weathering COVID quite well now, seems lunacy. Especially considering the inaccuracies of the testing regime.

They think it's all over....It is now. ! 

It isn't. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

The map just arrived :) Sadly, the invasion is off for now after high command saw the price of steam packet tickets and decided disguising troops as tourists would be way too expensive.

E7Xz3PkXoAMuooL.jpg

E7Xz3PeX0AM0Es3.jpg

E7Xz3QEXIAM03wR.jpg

E7Xz3RiWUAIPfAp.jpg

A group of men dressed in lederhosen with kiss me quick hats would be a dead giveaway. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Apple said:

They think it's all over....It is now. ! 

It isn't. 

No-one said it's over but the need to divert precious public funds at it is over. Is the money now better spent on more testing or more economic stimulus?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Danoo said:

No-one said it's over but the need to divert precious public funds at it is over. Is the money now better spent on more testing or more economic stimulus?  

Or how about spending the money on medical procedures delayed because of Covid, because I'm sure no-one will have saved any money not expended on those procedures over the last 18+ months.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Or how about spending the money on medical procedures delayed because of Covid, because I'm sure no-one will have saved any money not expended on those procedures over the last 18+ months.

Or that, I agree. What I don't agree on is throwing any more money/wasting money on managing COVID. No more testing, no more lockdowns, no more knee jerk reactions. It's here. We need to live with it. Let the economy try and pick up some traction now and let's get Nobles and the health service back on track. COVID isn't the only show in town and I dread to think about the damage we have done to the health of the island by neglecting everything but COVID the past 18 months.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well another morning wasted trying to get hold of LFT tests, where have they all gone? Everyone is supposed to have access to two a week. 100,000 kits delivered so that should be 1 kit for every person on the IOM and yet they’re nowhere to be found.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

Well another morning wasted trying to get hold of LFT tests, where have they all gone? Everyone is supposed to have access to two a week. 100,000 kits delivered so that should be 1 kit for every person on the IOM and yet they’re nowhere to be found.

I think most places were allowing 7 packs per person

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

Well another morning wasted trying to get hold of LFT tests, where have they all gone? Everyone is supposed to have access to two a week. 100,000 kits delivered so that should be 1 kit for every person on the IOM and yet they’re nowhere to be found.

Didn't @amadeus establish it was 100k tests and not kits? Ie only about 14k kits? Still a lot mind..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...