IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

15 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Not that I am giving them any credence, but ignoring the vaccine, is it even scientifically possible for flesh to become magnetised and, if so, what effects would it have? 

(I fully expect the answer to be "no, and therefore none").

People have a natural magnetism. 

If the vaccination has enhanced mine, then I'm all for it. 😁

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, immortalpuppet said:

I see Dr Fairfax has posted some simple projections on Twitter which is great to see. It would have been more enlightening to have these posted without calibration and then actuals plotted against predicted.

Still interesting all the same

8228E07E-2871-44CF-87AD-4B4D0CEB839C.png.76567451aea8d93df8b7ccc232cec933.png29D892BF-1034-4E4D-AAF4-1FAA82B9E6A5.png.7e14e68bb69880619424d63df2741d16.png

Wrighty ripped his model to bits. Why is this guy still getting coverage?

I think it’s down to a lack of information being provided in the public domain that gives us any idea of what to expect in the short term.

Despite the dates constantly evolving, and the potential inaccuracies It’s the only one out there really apart from Danny Winrow’s (again from Twitter) 

618E6623-E5E9-45D1-AF37-D0DACEFB8DFB.thumb.png.9f52149d54fabd1cddc01a55620befee.png

Edited by immortalpuppet
Added Danny’s chart

44 minutes ago, Gladys said:

is it even scientifically possible for flesh to become magnetised and, if so, what effects would it have? 

My wife and I used to believe it was possible but we fell out and now we are poles apart.

• Haha 9

16 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Wrighty ripped his model to bits. Why is this guy still getting coverage?

Wrighty speaks with such clarity he should be Goverment Spokesman. And advisor to CoMin. 

I listen to him 👍

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, immortalpuppet said:

I think it’s down to a lack of information being provided in the public domain that gives us any idea of what to expect in the short term.

Despite the dates constantly evolving, and the potential inaccuracies It’s the only one out there really apart from Danny Winrow’s 

It has been mentioned that modelling is hard for a population such as ours. Any coincidence that the other 'top of the table' countries (for infections per 100k) are also island nations? Besides, the UK were predicting 100k plus a day around now and yet it has gone the opposite way. Obsession with cases is just not healthy any longer. It's just the bloody media who love it.

• Like 2

I agree regarding cases as there isn’t an accurate way of tracking and it’s largely irrelevant anyway. Hospitalisations and available beds in the next few weeks is the interest for me and I guess other people too as this could influence behaviour 

1 minute ago, immortalpuppet said:

I agree regarding cases as there isn’t an accurate way of tracking and it’s largely irrelevant anyway. Hospitalisations and available beds in the next few weeks is the interest for me and I guess other people too as this could influence behaviour 

Correct - but again I'm guessing hard to predict given the impact vaccine is having plus people's personal choices i.e. vulnerable possibly keeping themselves safer. Could maybe use the UK data as a good indicator?

59 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Not that I am giving them any credence, but ignoring the vaccine, is it even scientifically possible for flesh to become magnetised and, if so, what effects would it have? 

Shame James Randi isn’t around anymore. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The question you would have to ask yourself is why would you stick a magnet on your arm, at all? 

I haven't pissed myself laughing so much since... well, the last time I watched a Phoenix Nights DVD!

I could have sworn the fella holding the camera and talking was none other than Jerry 'St. Clair' Dignan himself.

Pure Comedy Gold! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

One of our former leaders Mr Corkish.

Washing hands is a good thing “I suppose, really”

As for the others the 2nd bloke talks sense.

Why not ask some young people, or even Middle Aged people who are working?

https://youtu.be/womKHilgg1w

Corkish was an ineffectual politician - probably said more in this clip than his 12 years as an MHK/MLC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1