IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Dougie said:

New cases in the 70+ category, most of whom should have had 2 jabs, seem to be rising relatively more rapidly than most - cases have roughly trebled in the last couple of weeks. Are they just taking less care, or is there a more serious, underlying reason? Is the effect of the vaccine wearing off?

It is probably that since schools are out, more grand parents, etc are baby sitting. 

1 minute ago, AlanShimmin said:

Does anyone know where we stand with the current hospital capacity? 

I asked Ashford and was told the red line would be 30 in hospital + 6 ICU. But that was a month or so ago. 

Just interested to see how we're progressing. 

Haven't you got anything better to do?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, germann said:

No they don't. Not even close to complying with any international standards. The PCR certificate isn't even formatted to a single page. Maybe that's why they made it editable... 😔

The question was rhetorical. I raised digital secure passes with Ashie in March.

22 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Does anyone know where we stand with the current hospital capacity? 

I asked Ashford and was told the red line would be 30 in hospital + 6 ICU. But that was a month or so ago. 

Just interested to see how we're progressing. 

Well that was a lie as we only have 6 ICU beds.

They claim that they can make more (ICU BEDS) and maybe they can but they don't have the staff to man them.

The islands hospital is, as I have said before on numerous occasions, not fit for purpose.

Just hope you never have to use it for anything that is life threating.

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Dougie said:

New cases in the 70+ category, most of whom should have had 2 jabs, seem to be rising relatively more rapidly than most - cases have roughly trebled in the last couple of weeks. Are they just taking less care, or is there a more serious, underlying reason? Is the effect of the vaccine wearing off?

Regarding the vaccine wane I attach below, from:

https://acmedsci.ac.uk/file-download/4747802

Royal society judgement in central case natural immunity last a year (versus 3 years for vaccine), so unless kids vaccinated they will likely go through the same process in a years time.

I am concerned about rise of 70+ cases and as you say nearly all 2+2, the total number 70+ active COVID increased by 10 today. Really not good, everything should be done to prevent this group from becoming infected during this wave. In terms of reaching herd immunity a notion implied from SEIR Model there is no advantaged in additional infections of 2+2s. 

vaccine_sustainability.png

33 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

For anyone still wondering where we're going, and what living with it actually means, here's a short 7 tweet thread explaining it in really simple to understand words.

So true. Thanks for sharing. 

Mesages like this the Government and responsible media should be sharing. 

• Like 2