Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Sounds like this person was a key worker due to return to work today, subject to a negative test.  Now fourteen more days islolation.

Yes 14 more days. But interesting that this person looks like they asked to be tested as they don’t test those in self isolation so there was clearly some reason to ask for test. Possibly work related as you say. Or maybe the Coronavirus Team knocked on their door or called them and asked them if they had any symptoms like they are supposed to and it was found that way? :lol:

Edited by Southfork
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can you guys start a separate thread titled "Jersey is ace - oh no it isn't" and leave this one to a discussion on IOM and the coronavirus?

It's a safe place right now because of the Manx people, not the Manx politicians. None of us want to be "the person who brought it back" so we isolate and make sure we don't transmit the virus by bein

Ratio of admissions to deaths is not that different, testing is obviously out due to the massive capacity increase like just about everywhere in the world.    The current UK situation is impact

Posted Images

So someone has tested positive after taking a test that appears to have been planned, no symptoms no illness and a journalist asks if schools are still opening on wednesday as planned. 

Is this some sort of mad dream or are we living in a version of the Truman show?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Southfork said:

Yes 14 more days. But interesting that this person looks like they asked to be tested as they don’t test those in self isolation so there was clearly some reason to ask for test. Possibly work related as you say. Or maybe the Coronavirus Team knocked on their door or called them and asked them if they had any symptoms like they are supposed to and it was found that way? :lol:

They were asymptomatic, so probably was work related under the new rules.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thommo2010 said:

So someone has tested positive after taking a test that appears to have been planned, no symptoms no illness and a journalist asks if schools are still opening on wednesday as planned. 

Is this some sort of mad dream or are we living in a version of the Truman show?

As soon as the case was announced the FB eejits were calling for naming and shaming.  It is unbelievable how dense many people are.  Everyone looks at the number of positive cases in the UK due to wider testing and not the almost negligible death rate there now. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

They were asymptomatic, so probably was work related under the new rules.

Isn't it funny though? You bring in new rules and suddenly someone is found positive. Yet before you didn’t test them and magically it’s assumed they’re all negative! Some big gaps in our testing system as many have said. 

Edited by Southfork
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Southfork said:

Isn't it funny though? You bring in new rules and suddenly someone is found positive. Yet before you didn’t test them and magically it’s assumed they’re all negative! Some big gaps in our testing system as many have said. 

Did you listen to the briefing? You do realise the new rules have not started yet? This was a key worker who travels to the uk regularly, isolates and test after 7 days, which for key workers has been going on since March. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe they held a press briefing about something so trivial. All this psychopathic display of self-importance does is breed hysteria. Quayle's ego knows no limits.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Did you listen to the briefing? You do realise the new rules have not started yet? This was a key worker who travels to the uk regularly, isolates and test after 7 days, which for key workers has been going on since March. 

 

Fair to say then, if that is the case, the 7 days isolation then test will be a reasonable approach.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Did you listen to the briefing? You do realise the new rules have not started yet? This was a key worker who travels to the uk regularly, isolates and test after 7 days, which for key workers has been going on since March. 

I was responding to Gladys’ post I made no mention of the briefing. No need to get so furious. Either way it’s strange that we announce a new 7 day testing rule on Thursday and yet by Saturday someone is found positive at 7 days for the first time ever and then there’s an announcement. You get the impression that they don’t really want to start testing people after 7 days because it’s easier just locking people up in their own homes with no statistics emerging so we can still claim we’re “Covid-free”. Coupled to that a huge amount of time was spent in that announcement explaining that though were not now Covid free that really means that we’re Covid free. It seems to be that being “Covid-free” is driving the agenda above all else. It’s not the right approach. 

Edited by Southfork
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Duck of Atholl said:

Fair to say then, if that is the case, the 7 days isolation then test will be a reasonable approach.

Not if people "isolate" in households with people who are not isolating.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Declan said:

I can't believe they held a press briefing about something so trivial. All this psychopathic display of self-importance does is breed hysteria. Quayle's ego knows no limits.

The worst part is that it fuels hysteria. If, as he points out, it is isolated, under control, life going on as normal then why make such a huge song and dance? The truth is that he misses the lecturn. I sense he sees that as the place from where his honour from the Queen will originate.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The government would like to reassure everyone that this new case of corona on the Isle of Man has been isolated and dealt with. There is no need to panic.

Image

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Southfork said:

Yes 14 more days. But interesting that this person looks like they asked to be tested as they don’t test those in self isolation so there was clearly some reason to ask for test. Possibly work related as you say. Or maybe the Coronavirus Team knocked on their door or called them and asked them if they had any symptoms like they are supposed to and it was found that way? :lol:

They didn’t ask to be tested.  You can’t do that until tomorrow.

This was covered in the announcement.  The person was on a track where they would be routinely tested at 7 days, I assume  so they Could then go straight to work in a key worker/permitted role.

This has been going on for months, hundreds of people a week.

Based on all the doomsayers we should be ravaged with it.

Also note that without the test the individual had no idea they had the deadly killer lhergy.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...