Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Filippo

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Wild speculations? Hardly! 90%+ of adults vaccinated is most. Is that a wild speculation? The vaccination does not stop you getting Covid but probably reduces the chances of catching it, and reduces effects and symptoms dramatically. Is that a wild speculation? Is that I'll informed? Because these are statements that have been made by many professionals and scientists. I prefer to believe them over some random forum poster. 

 

 

Fair enough. But that's not what you posted. You said 'most' in relation to children vaccinations. As for the rest of the above you have just said here, that's not in your previous most at all.

Whilst I am no particular fan of teachers nor particularly wish to stick up for them, I found your comments to be massively over generalised and without any evidence that they were true. You have your opinions. However when someone slates a profession in such a way that you did, without any evidence whatsoever, well that makes me angry and I lose all respect for the poster.

As Quilp said. You are amazing.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Fair enough. But that's not what you posted. You said 'most' in relation to children vaccinations. As for the rest of the above you have just said here, that's not in your previous most at all.

Whilst I am no particular fan of teachers nor particularly wish to stick up for them, I found your comments to be massively over generalised and without any evidence that they were true. You have your opinions. However when someone slates a profession in such a way that you did, without any evidence whatsoever, well that makes me angry and I lose all respect for the poster.

As Quilp said. You are amazing.

I am not slating the profession. I am slating some of those whom have chosen it, and the current ridiculous government mitigation regarding it. Because it is not living with the virus, it is keeping the fear of the virus alive. 

Stop testing except where really necessary. Drop the border controls. Get the booster jabs rolled out. If you feel unwell, stay at home. If it is really that bad, contact your doctor. That goes for everyone, including children and teachers. Covid is nearly over (on island) and it is small areas of society keeping it alive. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2021 at 7:08 PM, Cambon said:

I am not slating the profession. I am slating some of those whom have chosen it, and the current ridiculous government mitigation regarding it. Because it is not living with the virus, it is keeping the fear of the virus alive. 

Stop testing except where really necessary. Drop the border controls. Get the booster jabs rolled out. If you feel unwell, stay at home. If it is really that bad, contact your doctor. That goes for everyone, including children and teachers. Covid is nearly over (on island) and it is small areas of society keeping it alive. 

This 100%. Certain sections of society will always grasp on to anything to either create a drama, look for personal leverage or just try to spice up a dull existence. The rest of us would like to carry on living life thanks. If the teachers don't want to work then suspend them without pay. As you would any professional who wanted to down tools for no good reason.  

Edited by Danoo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Danoo said:

This 100%. Certain sections of society will always grasp on to anything to either create a drama, look for personal leverage or just try to spice up a dull existence. The rest of us would like to carry on living life thanks. If the teachers don't want to work then suspend them without pay. As you would any professional who wanted to down tools for no good reason.  

Which teachers don't want to work. What on earth are you talking about?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, WTF said:

a job with about 15 weeks off a year ,  hmmmmmmm.

What has that got to do with COVID19 and removing restrictions. Teachers have a contract of employment that includes school holiday. Are you saying they should feel guilty and somehow volunteer to work when schools are shut?

I still don't understand the point being maken. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WTF said:

a job with about 15 weeks off a year ,  hmmmmmmm.

Teachers work 49.5 hours a week on average. Down from 54.4 according to the UK government. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/teacher-workload-cut-by-five-hours-a-week-over-past-three-years

Quote

In the second Teacher Workload Survey, teachers and middle leaders reported working an average of 49.5 hours per week in 2019, down by 4.9 hours compared to 2016. Headteachers and senior leaders also saw a significant fall, to an average of 55.1 hours per week in 2019.

Teachers and middle leaders in primary schools reported working an average of 12.5 hours during weekends and evenings, down by 5.0 hours compared to 2016. For secondary teachers, this came to an average of 13.1 out-of-school hours, a reduction of 3.8 hours compared to 2016.

There's a reason there's a huge shortage of teachers in the UK, and it's not because it's a cushy number.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Teachers work 49.5 hours a week on average. Down from 54.4 according to the UK government.

Less than most people I know the and with loads more time off.

Anyway, does anyone have any insight to Julie Edge’s views on motivations in schools?  Is she likely to be pushing for loads of unnecessary nonsense like social distancing and compulsory masks?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

There's a reason there's a huge shortage of teachers in the UK, and it's not because it's a cushy number.

Teachers, nurses, care assistants, GPs, HGV drivers…

What jobs are people actually doing these days?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Teachers, nurses, care assistants, GPs, HGV drivers…

What jobs are people actually doing these days?

The people who used to do much of this important work are no longer allowed into Britain. The unemployable are not going to take it over.

Time to increase the retirement age perhaps - and heavy taxes on the private pensions of anyone who retires earlier :)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Less than most people I know the and with loads more time off.

Anyway, does anyone have any insight to Julie Edge’s views on motivations in schools?  Is she likely to be pushing for loads of unnecessary nonsense like social distancing and compulsory masks?

Are we forgetting the existence of a 9-5 at 35-37.5 hours a week?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Are we forgetting the existence of a 9-5 at 35-37.5 hours a week?

No, obviously there are plenty of people fortunate enough to only work fixed contracted hours.  Just stating that there are huge numbers of people who work way more than 50 hours a week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Less than most people I know the and with loads more time off.

Anyway, does anyone have any insight to Julie Edge’s views on motivations in schools?  Is she likely to be pushing for loads of unnecessary nonsense like social distancing and compulsory masks?

We can but hope she is going to do so

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...