IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

15 minutes ago, WTF said:

we've had more waves than a surfing contest, and just like previous demics many folk have run out of fucks to give and just want to move on.

I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed. Yes things will be better, much much better hopefully and no more needless restrictions... but only a fool would convince themselves it had gone away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Seems you struggle to understand risk. Where did you see zero. It's never been zero risk. Some kids get ill. Much less than say over 70s but it's never been zero. 

They can get ill. They can pass it on to those that they are close to. They are close to teachers. Not rocket science.

This isn't a new phenomenon. Happens every year. Some kids get ill. They pass it on to those they are close to. They are close to teachers. Not rocket science. 

Life goes on. Statistically COVID is similar to influenza in terms of severity. We don't disrupt schools every year because of it. We need to get some perspective back.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Danoo said:

This isn't a new phenomenon. Happens every year. Some kids get ill. They pass it on to those they are close to. They are close to teachers. Not rocket science. 

Life goes on. Statistically COVID is similar to influenza in terms of severity. We don't disrupt schools every year because of it. We need to get some perspective back.

It's not but let say for the sake of arguement it is...the only reason there is parity is because of restrictions. Let see what the stats are after a year of no restrictions and vaccinations.

Schools are closed for severe vomiting bug outbreaks. But hey keep on rewriting history in your head.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

It's not but let say for the sake of arguement it is...the only reason there is parity is because of restrictions. Let see what the stats are after a year of no restrictions and vaccinations.

Schools are closed for severe vomiting bug outbreaks. But hey keep on rewriting history in your head.

That actually makes kids sick though, and is way more contagious than COVID.  My young fella had that years ago and it wiped him and me right out.  We didn’t even notice ‘rona.

The stomach bug went right through our house and my elderly parents.  COVID barely infected anyone in the house. In fact different household members have had it at 3 separate times and never knowingly passed it on to anyone else.

I would much rather have COVID in the house than a severe vomiting bug, even pre vaccine.

Edited by Ramseyboi
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

That actually makes kids sick though, and is way more contagious than COVID.  My young fella had that years ago and it wiped him and me right out.  We didn’t even notice ‘rona.

The stomach bug went right through our house and my elderly parents.  COVID barely infected anyone in the house. In fact different household members have had it at 3 separate times and never knowingly passed it on to anyone else.

I would much rather have COVID in the house than a severe vomiting bug, even pre vaccine.

COVID makes the teachers sick. No teachers = no school. That is what's happening in our junior schools at the moment.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

COVID makes the teachers sick. No teachers = no school. That is what's happening in our junior schools at the moment.

No it doesn’t.  It makes them test positive for something that without a test they would work through either with no symptoms or thinking they had a cold.  If you think they are all laid up in bed unable to function then you are nuts.  They are at home doing DIY, drinking and playing computer games.

Puking their own ring up makes teachers sick though.

Edited by Ramseyboi
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

No it doesn’t.  It makes them test positive for something that without a test they would work through either with no symptoms or thinking they had a cold.  If you think they are all laid up in bed unable to function then you are nuts.  They are at home doing DIY, drinking and playing computer games.

The two teachers I know who've had it were laid up for a week each.

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

The people I know who have had it (who weren’t obese) and who were self employed never stopped working.

I don't think either of us has a statistically significant sample size, but to suggest that every teacher who gets it won't even notice they have it is patently daft.

Neither of them had pre-existing conditions or high BMIs, though.

Just now, HeliX said:

I don't think either of us has a statistically significant sample size, but to suggest that every teacher who gets it won't even notice they have it is patently daft.

Neither of them had pre-existing conditions or high BMIs, though.

I didn’t say that.

I said more teachers who get a sever vomiting bug are likely to be unable to work than there are teachers who could happily work through a positive COVID test

Just now, Ramseyboi said:

I didn’t say that.

I said more teachers who get a sever vomiting bug are likely to be unable to work than there are teachers who could happily work through a positive COVID test

They said "Covid makes teachers sick". You said "No it doesn't."

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

When do we get to the point when people are only absent when they feel awful. When does it stop being notifiable, and when does isolation stop and constant testing stop? The issues with staffing and absenteeism are largely to do with regulations and rules rather than people feeling terrible. When do we actially start to live with Covid? I am genuinely interested to know when this ends and it turns into another disease.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

They said "Covid makes teachers sick". You said "No it doesn't."

It doesn’t in the vast majority  of cases.

It very rarely makes people who don’t get sick pay sick enough that they can’t work.

Read into that what you want.

Edited by Ramseyboi