Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Filippo

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Why do you and many others think we should be taking mitigation measures  up when the rest of Britain (apart from the looney Scots) have concluded it isn’t necessary and we have higher vaccination levels?

You only have to look at UK and IoM extremely high infection levels and high vaccination levels and compare them with much lower, and reducing,  infection levels in most of Europe, where distancing and mask wearing mitigation are still in place, and sometimes vaccination levels lower than ours,  to answer your question.

Mask wearing, numbers limitation and distancing work. And are they really an imposition. I’ve been in Spain for a month, I’m off to Bulgaria next week. Compliance isn’t an issue.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You only have to look at UK and IoM extremely high infection levels and high vaccination levels and compare them with much lower, and reducing,  infection levels in most of Europe, where distancing and mask wearing mitigation are still in place, and sometimes vaccination levels lower than ours,  to answer your question.

Mask wearing, numbers limitation and distancing work. And are they really an imposition. I’ve been in Spain for a month, I’m off to Bulgaria next week. Compliance isn’t an issue.

Who cares?

I am not bothered by the current levels and neither are the UK.

If people are jabbed then why restrict our lives ?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope that masks on planes and trains and in some public spaces becomes the norm. Like it was in much of Asia long before Covid.

I hope that airlines, workplaces and public spaces in general will continue to screen people to make sure they do not have flu like symptoms.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

I am in Wrexham now.  No one cares

i was in Scunthorpe yesterday.  No one cared

I wasn't too far from Scunthorpe, in Lincoln, for 3 or 4 days. I'd have said probably 75%+ wearing masks inside shops, about 5-15% in the street. Compared to what I would estimate as 15% in shops here, 1% in street.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Not all over the news like it used to be though is it.

People don’t care anymore and even the UK press have lost interest.  Only here do we still persist in banging on about it because people are still stuck in the stupid elimination mindset.

COVID 19 is now part of life the same as flu always has been.  Get used to it

Yeah, nowhere to be found.

Front page of BBC news?

image.thumb.png.40c77007b9023917649c340898bd3a74.png

image.thumb.png.176fed84701437d5b043aed8df9165b3.pngFront page of the Guardian

Front page of Sky News?

image.thumb.png.55545d07a907312ce080b7c5803db12c.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You only have to look at UK and IoM extremely high infection levels and high vaccination levels and compare them with much lower, and reducing,  infection levels in most of Europe, where distancing and mask wearing mitigation are still in place, and sometimes vaccination levels lower than ours,  to answer your question.

Mask wearing, numbers limitation and distancing work. And are they really an imposition. I’ve been in Spain for a month, I’m off to Bulgaria next week. Compliance isn’t an issue.

Thing is, John, if you look at our new daily cases, the majority are pretty much unvaccinated kids.  But very few are getting seriously ill or dying. 

The media sponsored government proper gander is now  changing to flu vaccines, scaring people about dual infection. The thing is, there is no flu. It is about the NHS. Not the flu. But, why are they lying? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Thing is, John, if you look at our new daily cases, the majority are pretty much unvaccinated kids.  But very few are getting seriously ill or dying. 

The media sponsored government proper gander is now  changing to flu vaccines, scaring people about dual infection. The thing is, there is no flu. It is about the NHS. Not the flu. But, why are they lying? 

So why aren’t we vaccinating kids and dual dosing at that.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

So why aren’t we vaccinating kids and dual dosing at that.

Who knows.

We are vaccinating under 12 for flu and over 12s for covid.

In reality they aren’t at any risk from either

Edited by Ramseyboi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Who knows.

We are vaccinating under 12 for flu and over 12s for covid.

In reality they aren’t at any risk from either

The inconsistencies are legion and staggering.

Manx entry requirements are so odd. I’ve been in Spain a month. I went back to London for a long weekend on 30/9. I had to have a pre flight LFT and a day 2 PCR. I could have flown home ( in transit ) and not bothered with the PCR, or any test.

The IoM is not alone. Prior to 10/10 Brits couldn’t enter Bulgaria directly. I could fly from Spain with just a declaration. Now all Brits can enter as long as they’re double vaccinated and take a pre flight PCR. Doesn’t matter where you’re flying from or how long you’ve been there. I’m flying to BG on Tuesday with Spanish friends. They don’t need the PCR.

The kids thing seems to demonstrate poor communication by NHS or government. Kids are a major vector of transmission between households, catching at school and taking it home. It makes sense to vaccinate.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

I wore masks more than was required when people weren’t vaccinated and we were trying to eliminate it.

Now people are vaccinated who need to be, and we are living with it.

Continuing to force mitigation measures into people for years to come when those who want to have already protected themselves as best they can is no way for any of us to live.

We need to crack on and enjoy life which lets face it, could end tomorrow for any of us.

We need to crack in & enjoy life safely. Not sacrifice people for the imaginary harms of masks, & other mitigations 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

Why do you and many others think we should be taking mitigation measures  up when the rest of Britain (apart from the looney Scots) have concluded it isn’t necessary and we have higher vaccination levels?

For a start we have much higher levels per capita than UK, which has more cases than the entire EU. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Not all over the news like it used to be though is it.

People don’t care anymore and even the UK press have lost interest.  Only here do we still persist in banging on about it because people are still stuck in the stupid elimination mindset.

COVID 19 is now part of life the same as flu always has been.  Get used to it

Only here & every European country except the failed state next door 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, momo65 said:

For a start we have much higher levels per capita than UK, which has more cases than the entire EU. 

So what?  The hospital isn’t full and people aren’t dropping dead.

Our high cases are largely because we lived in a bubble for ages and didn’t develop any natural immunity in the kids.  That will soon sort itself out.

Is anywhere else in Britain currently making kids work from home?  Genuine question as I don’t know.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

So what?  The hospital isn’t full and people aren’t dropping dead.

Our high cases are largely because we lived in a bubble for ages and didn’t develop any natural immunity in the kids.  That will soon sort itself out.

Is anywhere else in Britain currently making kids work from home?  Genuine question as I don’t know.

Give it time. It is rising in hospital 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...