Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Filippo

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Danoo said:

Your obsession is relentless. It's not the only show in town. I have lost family members in the last 18 months due to treatment being pulled due to 'COVID' so forgive me if I have had enough of it. 

I'll take the miniscule risk of organ damage to get my life back thanks and so would the vast majority of the population. Including many with serious health issues that have been and are being neglected while we still obsess over COVID.  

The kids have been through enough. They need a return to normality more than any of us.

And as I've said we all want our lives back - probably including those who died needlessly - and the quickest way to get that is prevent big waves. Big waves create more waves & waves disrupt. You may be obsessing over it but some of us are well aware of the wide range of causes of death. Their treatment is prevented by having lots of Covid patients in hospital. So if its them you are worried about them stop big Covid waves 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Whether you are upset by reality breaking through or not, the way the statistics are being reported is factual).

I’m not upset by reality breaking through because as you say it’s reality. I don’t obsess about it and I don’t read it as it’s not really any surprise to me as most illnesses spike in the winter. A bit like the weather forecast in that I don’t need to know it’s raining today. And let’s also remember everything 3FM does is to sell advertising so obsessive people logging on to their website to read these statics 3 times a day or more does generate a lot of views and clicks which are then used to create data about page impressions and viewing audiences which are then used to sell to other advertisers to support how popular their website is claimed to be. This is largely why they put it up .. and in common usage that’s also referred to as click bait.

Edited by offshoremanxman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

People like you and ramseyboi are going to have to learn to live with the figures being published. It's quite simple. You are both embarrassing yourselves

And you could be forgiven for thinking the two are one and the same. It wouldn't be the first time certain posters have created pock-suppets to support their views and harangue other, opposing views. You know, the weak, insubstantial no-marks with little else going on in their lives. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just want to congratulate all the people that want to live with covid without mitigation. You sound like clueless self indulgent fools. Your way is not living with covid. It’s just making the virus spread.  We have six people in hospital and none in itu . Manx care state everything what is happening at Nobles is due to staff shortages and covid . You are just playing into the governments hands. Giving them a reason for their negligence to the population .Very long waiting lists not being able to get doctor appointment and cancellation of operations. Well done all of you. I hope you are not needing any medical treatment in the future, or you end up dead waiting. But to be sure you will be stuck at home all because of your five minutes of freedom of choice .

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, quilp said:

And you could be forgiven for thinking the two are one and the same. It wouldn't be the first time certain posters have created pock-suppets to support their views and harangue other, opposing views. You know, the weak, insubstantial no-marks with little else going on in their lives. 

Just because I agree with someone’s views on a particular subject doesn’t make us the same person.

Hell.  I think I even agreed with one of your posts once 😜

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, momo65 said:

The numbers of those are sufficiently low that such reports will have no value. They are reported at appropriate intervals in various ways whether you notice or not. Measles cases & flu cases have been reported daily during significant outbreaks. When Covid cases stabilise in the future it will undoubtedly be reported the same way as the others. Meanwhile if they are frightening you try to avoid looking 

Here's the latest ONS publication on respiratory diseases incluidng COVID:
 

Screenshot 2021-10-19 11.28.06.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Here's the latest ONS publication on respiratory diseases incluidng COVID:
 

Screenshot 2021-10-19 11.28.06.png

Same as it has been for months now.  Apparently we still need to report COVID cases but not flu or pneumonia  though 🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ramseyboi said:

Same as it has been for months now.  Apparently we still need to report COVID cases but not flu or pneumonia  though 🤷‍♂️

You do know the reason for the difference between the upper & lower lines of the flu & pneumonia line don't you? Not much point in discussing it further if you don't 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

Same as it has been for months now.  Apparently we still need to report COVID cases but not flu or pneumonia  though 🤷‍♂️

Well obviously they are being reported because there they are.  But the difference is that the general categories listed from death certificates cover many different causes of death relating to the respiratory system and influenza and pneumonia, while Covid is just one. 

And yet the deaths where Covid is the underlying (ie main) cause are still two to three times that of flu and pneumonia combined and equal to a majority of respiratory deaths.  Just from one infectious disease.  Rather than showing that things are back to normal, those figures show just why such Covid is still newsworthy if you look at them wanting information rather than reassurance. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’m not upset by reality breaking through because as you say it’s reality. I don’t obsess about it and I don’t read it as it’s not really any surprise to me as most illnesses spike in the winter. A bit like the weather forecast in that I don’t need to know it’s raining today. And let’s also remember everything 3FM does is to sell advertising so obsessive people logging on to their website to read these statics 3 times a day or more does generate a lot of views and clicks which are then used to create data about page impressions and viewing audiences which are then used to sell to other advertisers to support how popular their website is claimed to be. This is largely why they put it up .. and in common usage that’s also referred to as click bait.

Well the remark about reality wasn't only (or primarily) aimed at you personally, but I don't think you can accuse broadcasters such as 3FM using such thing as clickbait.  Anyone one obsessed over the figures will be going straight to the source of the Covid Dashboard and that only updates once a day at a usually predictable time.  The only other source of information is the Weekly Surveillance Report on Thursdays.  At most you could argue that they are using these as an easy source of news stories, just as copying and pasting press releases is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Anyone one obsessed over the figures will be going straight to the source of the Covid Dashboard and that only updates once a day at a usually predictable time. 

There will be plenty of Ashfords little old ladies giving Manx Radio and 3FM a Facebook impression a few times a week at least to get the latest covid numbers it’s easy page impressions that soon rack up. They won’t be going anywhere else for their updates. That’s really all it is but I agree with your easy news stories comment too. 

I’d love to see the Facebook and web news portal viewing stats before and after they started putting the covid stuff up there. I would wager page impressions around covid data and stories have gone up hugely. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Zarley said:

QEII High School has also made mask wearing mandatory.

Awaiting outrage from the usual suspects.

No they haven’t.  They are doing the same as every other school but sent out this fairly stupid email 

You may have seen the press announcement over the weekend that secondary school students and staff are now expected to wear masks in school.  It would be greatly appreciated if you could support us in this by reminding your children and explaining the need to keep everyone as safe as possible.  If there are health reasons why your child/ward cannot wear a mask then of course that is an exception.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...