IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

People are taking this too seriously at the mo. What is the opposite of doom mongers? There must be a word, people seem to be self identifying against their polar opposite - the doommonger. So what are they identifying themselves as?  More a curiosity question really. I dont identify as either. I will say though, that if we do somehow end up back in a lockdown by christmas, it wont be the fault of the doomers, more the fault of the polar opposite of doomers, which i dont have an identifying word for yet.

Antidoommongeryarienist

You are welcome.  Feel free to bandy it about as much as you like.

19 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

It was the polar opposite of doommonger i was after. 

I'm not sure there is one. "Pollyanna" comes close, but no cigar.

I'll bet the Germans have a word for it, though - ask Frank.

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

According to the doomers themselves the term is 'new normal deniers', which is frankly fucking hilarious.

Moorehouse was on the radio today pushing the mask agenda and further measures for kids. Funny you never heard a peep out of him when he was in government last time but now he’s clearly looking for a Minister role having served his time and seems to be pandering to the careful Karen’s on social media. 

On 10/23/2021 at 1:25 PM, John Wright said:

1. What cost to tax payers? It’s turned a profit for all bar 2 of the last 30 years. And IoMG take a cut.

2. it will depend on who does the round, what route they take, volume of post.

3. I think the tracking shows arrived IoM when handed over at East Midlands. Bit like Hermes showing local depot when it’s actually in Bolton.

4. you’ve been very lucky. That’s not my Hermes experience at all.

5. that’s down to your self employed driver who only covers a small area. Depends when they go collect and when they choose to deliver.

6. It’s a GIG economy job. They deliver around what suits then with other jobs/responsibilities.

if I was sending stuff I’d never choose Hermes. If I had the choice when ordering I’d pay more and choose the post office every time.

Hermes is an exploitative business, paying less than minimum wage to self employed drivers. No pension, sick pay, holiday pay. Most are using their own cars, wonder how many are insured for business use? It has no customer service ( and yes I know IoMPO doesn’t have the best customer service - but at least you can speak to someone )

There are all sorts of things like safe place you can nominate to the PO. Safe place to Hermes is lobbed over the fence, or in full view on the door step, or in the rain, or another address entirely.

Our Hermes delivery individual is actually very good. They told us last week that Hermes had told the drivers they were reducing their pay. Our individual said it would make the job no longer viable, which is a great pity.

26 minutes ago, dreamon said:

Pointless questions just taking up time.

During lockdowns - not a peep from most of them.

The guy just looks a the BBC news in the mornings and ask questions based on that - with an IOM slant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

The guy just looks a the BBC news in the mornings and ask questions based on that - with an IOM slant.

The poll topping thing and sitting proudly on the front benches has spurned him onto unfathomable depths of self-belief. Expect a lot more of this.

3 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

People are taking this too seriously at the mo. What is the opposite of doom mongers? There must be a word, people seem to be self identifying against their polar opposite - the doommonger. So what are they identifying themselves as?  More a curiosity question really. I dont identify as either. I will say though, that if we do somehow end up back in a lockdown by christmas, it wont be the fault of the doomers, more the fault of the polar opposite of doomers, which i dont have an identifying word for yet.

Euphoria merchant? Glee peddlar? Ecstasy dealer? No, forget the last one. 

• Like 2