IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

Get your jack boots on. Good times are coming for you. 

Is that really your take away from the article? Wow. 

Did you even read the whole thing (click on the link) or are you just doubling down in your unvaccinated mates defence?

1 hour ago, Zarley said:

Is that really your take away from the article? Wow. 

Did you even read the whole thing (click on the link) or are you just doubling down in your unvaccinated mates defence?

No. That’s not my take from the article. My take is that this constant ‘division’ between the people is dangerous.

To lay my cards on the table - I am vaccinated and I would like to see the whole world vaccinated to give everyone the best chance of moving forward. 

That said, I also believe in personal choice. I can tell, from your reaction to my post that there’s a lot more evidence of this ‘division’ that I’m not aware of. It’s a heated topic for sure and I’m sure people are getting worked up but to me it feels as if media of every variety has a piece in stirring people up and I’m not a fan.

It’s stuff like this that really pulls people apart instead of uniting them. The more and more apart we are, the more vulnerable we become as a people and that’s not a good place to be in 

Doubling down? I’m not sure what that is.  Betting?

The only influence my friend has in this is that our conversation started me thinking more about what’s going on there and the division of the people that caused it  I have no skin in this game. It’s her stuff, not mine. I was just the messenger  

• Like 2

And the jack boots was tongue in cheek - ie, while the world is fighting over whether vaccinated or unvaccinated people are in hospital or not - we’re losing sight of the bigger picture. Always. 

Please don’t ask me what the bigger picture is.  I don’t know the answer.:) 

I cannot speak to your conversation with @Zarley - but the point I made to you yesterday @Roxanne is that your friend is repeating conspiracy fringe memes. i.e. - the idea that governments' measures in response to Covid are comparable with the Nazis. As detailed in the links I posted.

I was disappointed that you chose not to understand that. And , for example, it is well documented how many who would once have been on the soft-left and many with an inherent belief in alternative practices and "wellness" have been sucked into the conspiracy fringes during the Covid era. It's the new QAnon.

Chakras, crystals and conspiracy theories: how the wellness industry turned its back on Covid science

Edited by pongo

14 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

And the jack boots was tongue in cheek - ie, while the world is fighting over whether vaccinated or unvaccinated people are in hospital or not - we’re losing sight of the bigger picture. Always. 

Please don’t ask me what the bigger picture is.  I don’t know the answer.:) 

Comparing the rise of the Nazis with getting folks vaccinated is well OTT.

As I remember it the Nazis were not known for causing very mild inconvenience for the good of all.

Not getting vaccinated means you completely fail to grasp the bigger picture.

My friend has never, once repeated and such conspiracy memes. You totally misunderstand the relationship I have with close friends. We have never ever talked once about vaccinations or crystals and she wouldn’t know where her chakras were if she fell over them. it doesn’t matter why she’s chosen to be unvaccinated  it’s not of mY business and it’s certainly not yours to judge that she’s part of Qanon and the chakra lovers  

You again are missing my point but I can’t be arsed making it again. I’m done. 

What has conspiracy theories got to do with Nazis?  I never mentioned nazis. I reported that my friend said that fascism was currently alive and well in Germany. She also thought that it might be entirely possible that Austria, Luxembourg and France were going the same way.

No one mentioned the Spanish Inquisition. 

4 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

What has conspiracy theories got to do with Nazis?  I never mentioned nazis. I reported that my friend said that fascism was currently alive and well in Germany.

You said that your friend suggested this in the context of Covid - the idea that the response to Covid is like the persecution of the Jews (you said this yesterday). 

That is a meme common amongst many of conspiracy fringes. Mostly but not exclusively the far right.

It is also clearly inflammatory and, at best, fringe.

7 minutes ago, pongo said:

You said that your friend suggested this in the context of Covid - the idea that the response to Covid is like the persecution of the Jews (you said this yesterday). 

That is a meme common amongst many of conspiracy fringes. Mostly but not exclusively the far right.

It is also clearly inflammatory and, at best, fringe.

It’s not Covid response, it’s the response to the unvaccinated.

I’ll pass on your comments but she’s not really the ‘meme’ type.