IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

41 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

If you can get through !!! 111 once again is gridlocked . Thats a surprise right . We might have enough operators by late next week if lucky. 

Apparently there’s loads ringing up asking are the vaccinations still proceeding because of COVID, can I change my appointment because of Covid, when am I getting my appointment etc etc which is blocking the lines 

47 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

An honest and interesting assessment. Not being funny as I’ve already said I’m aware of how bad the service is here having seen a family recently trying to get help for his kid - but can I ask why on earth you we’re meeting with a mental health professional in Costa? 

Sure , no problem . It was there policy to do that as apparently it was a more informal place to meet. Personally they got travel expenses and that to me was the real reason. Was never happy with it especially when they had plenty of rooms at the old Jane Crookall. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Manx17 said:

Has anyone seen Juans post on Facebook . It’s like the blind leading the blind, 

Covid has once again come into full focus as daily cases have hit 145 - highest level since the summer.  This is particularly troubling since Government announced stronger guidance last Sunday, so if people were following it we'd expect to see fewer new cases coming through. 

He’s an attention seeking git isn’t he! Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that cases have ‘increased’ due to more testing, they wound the testing down many months ago with lots of folk trusting LFDs, to the best of my knowledge the list of symptoms were never updated to reflect those from any of the new variants either.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Actually, I’d really expect it to take 2-3 weeks. A bubble like today has knock on transmission effects anyway.

On a separate note I went for my third primary jab. Had to get form changed from booster to third. Then after my vax the nurse handed me a card with booster stamped on and I had to get him to change the card for one stamped third.

Who knows what will show on my NHS App!

That’s not good especially with medication

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

On a separate note I went for my third primary jab. Had to get form changed from booster to third. Then after my vax the nurse handed me a card with booster stamped on and I had to get him to change the card for one stamped third.

Who knows what will show on my NHS App!

You’ve most likely covered this previously and I’ve missed it but what difference would having booster or third make please? Don’t they mean exactly the same thing?

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

He’s an attention seeking git isn’t he! Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that cases have ‘increased’ due to more testing, they wound the testing down many months ago with lots of folk trusting LFDs, to the best of my knowledge the list of symptoms were never updated to reflect those from any of the new variants either.

I didn’t like his statement it was he was blaming the public for not doing their bit since the briefing.  The positive tests have been going up before Sunday evening. Those who have tested in the last day or two probably had the virus on Sunday. They could of carried out simple tests at the ports ages ago and our children might not be sat in school freezing now. Instead of waiting for a new variant to come along and cause panic.

1 hour ago, 747-400 said:

And he is Chair of the PAC. Thought he would have learnt something about viruses with all the witnesses they interviewed. 

Embarassing. 

Edited to add: at least some of his followers have common sense and corrected him. 

Second edit: another black mark for referring to GMP. 

It doesn’t leave you with much confidence. 

1 hour ago, Manx17 said:

Has anyone seen Juans post on Facebook . It’s like the blind leading the blind, 

Covid has once again come into full focus as daily cases have hit 145 - highest level since the summer.  This is particularly troubling since Government announced stronger guidance last Sunday, so if people were following it we'd expect to see fewer new cases coming through. 

What uniform was he wearing from his dressing up box when he made the comments?

• Like 1