IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 hours ago, Roxanne said:

I now know more people with covid than without. I seem to be the only person I’ve know who hasn’t got it. I did my first ever up the nose jobbie (LFT) yesterday and I’m all clear.

No-one I know seems to be having it bad though. Headaches and a feeling of malaise in the main. Maybe it’s burning itself out? Does that happen? @wrighty

If it’s your first ever test, how do you know you haven’t already had it?

They have been encouraging everyone to do tests for months now because people can be wandering around unknowingly passing it to others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sm-iom said:

Government announce booster online applications now open to my age group. Front page of website confirms. Fill form out, press submit. Automated email rejection, not open to my age group....

I think it's because they've modified the site to take requests for all stages of vaccination, not just boosters.  But according to this Manx Radio piece today, it's "Currently, people over 60 and those who're extremely clinically vulnerable are being invited to book a jab slot online..".  Which seems the same as it was last week (groups 1 -7 inclusive).

8 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

If it’s your first ever test, how do you know you haven’t already had it?

They have been encouraging everyone to do tests for months now because people can be wandering around unknowingly passing it to others.

It's becoming apparent that some form of home antibody tests could be pretty handy.  Anyone done one/know where they can get them, to tell if you've had it and not realised/thought it was a cold. 

3 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

It's becoming apparent that some form of home antibody tests could be pretty handy.  Anyone done one/know where they can get them, to tell if you've had it and not realised/thought it was a cold. 

Unless they can develop something very specific, it won't tell you anything because vaccination also produces antibodies.  That's why about 93% of the population in the UK have them.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Well that would suit your rhetoric just fine then wouldn’t it, seeing as you’ve been banging on about letting everyone catch it willy nilly. 

I shall sleep so much better tonight knowing I have pleased you. 

1 hour ago, sm-iom said:

Government announce booster online applications now open to my age group. Front page of website confirms. Fill form out, press submit. Automated email rejection, not open to my age group....

Government says they've fixed a glitch..

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

Well that would suit your rhetoric just fine then wouldn’t it, seeing as you’ve been banging on about letting everyone catch it willy nilly. 

I shall sleep so much better tonight knowing I have pleased you. 

No rhetoric it was a simple and honest question and you have answered it honestly with “I don’t”

I am convinced many of those who are most scared of catching it have actually had it.

I am not including you as one of those most scared by the way, just making a point.  It has been flying through the population for months now and if people haven’t been doing lfts regularly there is no way of knowing if they have had it or been passing it on.

That is unfortunately a fact that can’t be argued with.  Anyone who hasn’t tested at least once a week could have had it without knowing.

If you get this response after booking a booster like we did.

• Date:   08/12/2021 Moderna  
  • Time:   11:30 
  • Type:   Moderna First/Second 

the fact that it says First/ Second and not Booster is fine. Apparently it’s a ‘glitch’

save yourself a phone call checking.