Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Filippo

Recommended Posts

So how long before a forced mandated vaccine and 2nd class treatment for the unvaccinated (or those not up to date with all of their boosters)?

I am not anti-vax, far from it, but I do support the right of anyone (yes even medical staff or staff in nursing homes) to refuse it on whatever grounds they may or may not wish to share.

I'm pretty much the same with masks too. I do use a mask and sometimes I keep it on when I'm outside between shops as its less of a ball ache than snapping the damn thing and having to dig out another one. My personal view is if we don't know much about the Omicron variant right now then for a little inconvenience, we can buy a bit of time to find out more.

I've had LFT's when I've felt a bit rough, just in case. I've had friends who've had it and had both minor symptoms (headaches and lethargy) to full blown and long term effects on their sense of smell and others with lung damage. So far, touch wood, I don't think I've had it and or if I did it had minimal symptoms.

I looked at the risk fascors for me like age, health issues and my close family and made my desicion on a balance of probabilty and will live (or not) with the consequences.  

Yet none of this for me justifies co-ercing, by exclusion, threatening livelhoods, shaming or other means to get the unwilling to have the jab. No matter the age or reasons.

No means no. And not in my name.

And if our elected represenatives decide to support such draconian measures then every single one of them ought to lose their seat at the next election.    

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CallMeCurious said:

. I do use a mask and sometimes I keep it on when I'm outside between shops as its less of a ball ache than snapping the damn thing and having to dig out another one

Just so you know  

It’s supposed to go on your face.

Less painful that way. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, snowman said:

Didn't follow Wales or Scotland. So what's changed ? - if they do follow. What's the justification today that wasn't there last week? 

PHE said so. That is pretty much our policy now with a few tweaks to make it seem like we're tailoring it for the Isle of Man.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, snowman said:

Didn't follow Wales or Scotland. So what's changed ? - if they do follow. What's the justification today that wasn't there last week? 

I dont think they would be any justification but I will be surprised if they dont as it seems thats pretty well whats happened up to now. As Ham_N_Eggs said a few tweaks and away we go . Just my feelings on it .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

When Boris Johnson & his gammons are doing the Conga & having Secret Santa’s in Downing Street whilst the rest of the country can’t visit Gran, it’s going to take more than the Doom Coven, Dr. Glover et al with their constant Twitter reminders about mask wearing to change attitudes.

The U.K. government have pissed all over their chips.

I’ve just returned from those shores visiting three major U.K. cities. 

Here’s the rub guys - nobody gives a fuck anymore.

Except Karen tutting her way around the dog food aisle at Tesco all masked up.

I was in the UK last week, and stopped in three M&S, one Sainsbury's and a Morrisons (I was desperate). Every single one had in excess of 90% of the shoppers in masks. Wiltshire sort of area. About 60% in petrol stations. 90+% in airports.

I don't think it's accurate to suggest that no-one over there cares. If anything, more are masked in the UK than the IOM from my experience (obvious caveats apply).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, snowman said:

Has any data changed in IOM to justify changes such as those announced in England ? Doubtful

It depends on how Omicron pans out... saw something about it being weakened by a gene from the common cold (which are in themselves coronaviruses) so though it might be more infectious, the symptoms are a lot less severe even for the unvaccinated. Muscle aches, headaches and tiredness are symptoms beng reported.

Too soon to say for definite but if it usurps the delta variant quickly (which it has done in SA so will do so here in the next few weeks probably) and is an altogether weaker strain it may become endemic and end the pandemic. 🤞  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

So how long before a forced mandated vaccine and 2nd class treatment for the unvaccinated (or those not up to date with all of their boosters)?

I am not anti-vax, far from it, but I do support the right of anyone (yes even medical staff or staff in nursing homes) to refuse it on whatever grounds they may or may not wish to share.

I'm pretty much the same with masks too. I do use a mask and sometimes I keep it on when I'm outside between shops as its less of a ball ache than snapping the damn thing and having to dig out another one. My personal view is if we don't know much about the Omicron variant right now then for a little inconvenience, we can buy a bit of time to find out more.

I've had LFT's when I've felt a bit rough, just in case. I've had friends who've had it and had both minor symptoms (headaches and lethargy) to full blown and long term effects on their sense of smell and others with lung damage. So far, touch wood, I don't think I've had it and or if I did it had minimal symptoms.

I looked at the risk fascors for me like age, health issues and my close family and made my desicion on a balance of probabilty and will live (or not) with the consequences.  

Yet none of this for me justifies co-ercing, by exclusion, threatening livelhoods, shaming or other means to get the unwilling to have the jab. No matter the age or reasons.

No means no. And not in my name.

And if our elected represenatives decide to support such draconian measures then every single one of them ought to lose their seat at the next election.    

Healthcare workers have a whole list of vaccinations they are required to have as part of their employment. You can find the policies of various trusts and exact lists on Google. 

Fundamentally, why should this one be any different?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...