Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Filippo

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Zarley said:

They never really used the Nightingale hospitals though. Couldn't staff them. No point in setting them up again as they still can't staff them. 

They could have staffed them if necessary. There were and are plenty of people willing to volunteer. Just as they did for the vaccine campaign. However, I think the U.K. Government know that the NHS will not be overwhelmed by omicron and are using it as a big stick to try to get people boosted and vaccinated. Not saying it is wrong to encourage that, but scaremongering at this stage is simply wrong. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Cambon said:

They could have staffed them if necessary. There were and are plenty of people willing to volunteer. Just as they did for the vaccine campaign. However, I think the U.K. Government know that the NHS will not be overwhelmed by omicron and are using it as a big stick to try to get people boosted and vaccinated. Not saying it is wrong to encourage that, but scaremongering at this stage is simply wrong. 

It's a lack of critical care nurses. They're highly specialised and no doubt you cannot have retired a few years ago and just walk back in as a volunteer without an intensive refresher course. Who's going to retrain them when presumably, qualified trainers are also thin on the ground? 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/21/nurse-shortage-causes-nightingale-hospital-to-turn-away-patients 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With two suspected omnicron cases here who were apparently out and about between travelling and being tested, when would we expect to see the close contact test positive.

All the close contact have been doing daily LFTs (by all accounts for a few days before the official announcement it might be here) so surely we should start seeing a few more soon?

Surely their households are all infected?

Edited by Ramseyboi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

With two suspected omnicron cases here who were apparently out and about between travelling and being tested, when would we expect to see the close contact test positive.

All the close contact have been doing daily LFTs (by all accounts for a few days before the official announcement it might be here) so surely we should start seeing a few more soon?

Surely their households are all infected?

When did you sign up to the doom coven?

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Zarley said:

It's a lack of critical care nurses. They're highly specialised and no doubt you cannot have retired a few years ago and just walk back in as a volunteer without an intensive refresher course. Who's going to retrain them when presumably, qualified trainers are also thin on the ground? 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/21/nurse-shortage-causes-nightingale-hospital-to-turn-away-patients 

Sure, but the type of people required to staff Nightingale hospitals don't need to be critical card nurses. Those nurses are needed for intensive care in proper hospitals. The type of patients in Nightingale hospitals are not that ill, and under observation. Possibly on oxygen. Anything more serious would be in a proper hospital. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Sure, but the type of people required to staff Nightingale hospitals don't need to be critical card nurses. Those nurses are needed for intensive care in proper hospitals. The type of patients in Nightingale hospitals are not that ill, and under observation. Possibly on oxygen. Anything more serious would be in a proper hospital. 

You obviously didn't read the link I provided. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Terms like doom coven always tickle me, because after all, witchcraft was usually an accusation by those afraid or frustrated but lacking  an actual understanding. 

Bad storm? Must be a witch. Bad harvest? Must be a witch. etc. etc. 

Well it's good that it tickles you. But coven is simply a word that refers to a collection of individuals.

a collection of individuals with similar interests or activities 

The doom coven is just a rag tag bunch of people who look for any negative angle they can find where Covid is concerned. 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Zarley said:

You obviously didn't read the link I provided. 

Actually, I did read most of it, and yes, people were not admitted because they were too ill for Nightingale hospital. They needed proper full care hospitals. Critical care nurses were at the full care hospitals, quite rightly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

Well it's good that it tickles you. But coven is simply a word that refers to a collection of individuals.

a collection of individuals with similar interests or activities 

The doom coven is just a rag tag bunch of people who look for any negative angle they can find where Covid is concerned.

Yes we've had Bonkers Burrows (both Mr & Mrs) and Dudley Bum Gravy all over Twitter this weekend Tweeting their rather unique form of mass hysteria about Omicron. It takes a rather unique people to try to spread so much fear and bad news at once. If omicron isn't the major doomsday scenario they're all fortelling you do worry that they will be hosting some sort on Jonestown Moonie like mass suicide event over the Christmas period where they all go to Hango Hill and drink a poisoned cup of Horlicks at the stroke of midnight when the Reckoning clearly hasn't happened.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

With two suspected omnicron cases here who were apparently out and about between travelling and being tested, when would we expect to see the close contact test positive.

All the close contact have been doing daily LFTs (by all accounts for a few days before the official announcement it might be here) so surely we should start seeing a few more soon?

Surely their households are all infected?

We would expect others to test positive from 5 days afterwards (avg incubation period), key thing for me now and trying to find out when these two got off the boat/plane? (i.e. Day 0) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BenFairfax said:

We would expect others to test positive from 5 days afterwards (avg incubation period), key thing for me now and trying to find out when these two got off the boat/plane? (i.e. Day 0) 

You're another Twitter crazy with covid tourettes. Amazing you still have a job given all the dangerous and alarmist rubbish you seem to post on social media all day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, BenFairfax said:

We would expect others to test positive from 5 days afterwards (avg incubation period), key thing for me now and trying to find out when these two got off the boat/plane? (i.e. Day 0) 

Over a week ago they stepped off the plane.  It is a week since the positive PCR’s 

Edit - when I say “they” I only know for certain about one of the two, but the fact that that PCR was apparently back days before the announcement was made and the test was only done after they had been home and mixing for days would suggest similar timelines for the other that was announced on the same day.

Yet apparently there have been none since.

Edited by Ramseyboi
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...