Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Filippo

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting or suspecting that. But the rest of the offenders aren't posting about it on here claiming they're not breaking the covid regs because of an irrelevant technicality.

Wrongly or rightly he has a different view which the majority don’t like, but why do posters feel the need to gang up on someone with views that are in the minority? I don’t like that sort of behaviour.

So if he kept it to himself you’d be fine with that, the issue for you is he shared that? I would be interested to know whether 111 would accept his positive result, he’s not followed the test procedure correctly and I think that would make the result invalid. What he’s done is an in house science experiment, there is plenty of reports to suggest certain things can trigger a false positive, that is why they’ve been approved only for the nasal cavity.

If I ever return a positive LFT the first thing I’ll be doing is an immediate second test to ensure the first was correct.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Thick as seven short planks

You aren’t exactly helping matters, you can’t expect others to respect your views if you starting resorting to petty insults, however frustrating you may find it.

Is there the possibility of alcohol at play here? I respectfully suggest you cool off and return in the morning if so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

Wrongly or rightly he has a different view which the majority don’t like, but why do posters feel the need to gang up on someone with views that are in the minority? I don’t like that sort of behaviour.

So if he kept it to himself you’d be fine with that, the issue for you is he shared that? I would be interested to know whether 111 would accept his positive result, he’s not followed the test procedure correctly and I think that would make the result invalid. What he’s done is an in house science experiment, there is plenty of reports to suggest certain things can trigger a false positive, that is why they’ve been approved only for the nasal cavity.

If I ever return a positive LFT the first thing I’ll be doing is an immediate second test to ensure the first was correct.

Should there be a limit on the number of posters who are allowed to tell a single person they disagree with their actions and opinions? It's a discussion forum - if people post something, there is likely to be a discussion about it.

If he kept it to himself I wouldn't know about it, which isn't the same as being fine with it. But obviously it would've stopped me telling him that I disagree that his test is irrelevant. But he seems to like the attention so I'm not too worried about causing upset.

I think a lot of people would probably do (and have done) second LFTs upon receipt of a positive. False positives are overwhelmingly rare, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

You aren’t exactly helping matters, you can’t expect others to respect your views if you starting resorting to petty insults, however frustrating you may find it.

Is there the possibility of alcohol at play here? I respectfully suggest you cool off and return in the morning if so.

The daftest part is that I do respect his views. And have agreed with him several times in the last few days in this thread. And I don't disagree with the point he was originally trying to make, that there will be plenty of people walking about with negative nasal LFTs who may be positive were they to redo it with a throat swab.

But because I chose not to really comment on that (because I don't have a solution or disagreement) and instead talk about how I think it's irresponsible to go out, or meet up with people, having tested positive, I am apparently stupid. Who knew.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

The daftest part is that I do respect his views. And have agreed with him several times in the last few days in this thread. And I don't disagree with the point he was originally trying to make, that there will be plenty of people walking about with negative nasal LFTs who may be positive were they to redo it with a throat swab.

But because I chose not to really comment on that (because I don't have a solution or disagreement) and instead talk about how I think it's irresponsible to go out, or meet up with people, having tested positive, I am apparently stupid. Who knew.

Who went out to meet up with people?  This forum seems to be full of people who add two and two and get five?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

Should there be a limit on the number of posters who are allowed to tell a single person they disagree with their actions and opinions? It's a discussion forum - if people post something, there is likely to be a discussion about it.

Not necessarily, but people shouldn’t be surprised when a poster retaliates, he’s posted probably 3 times as much in order to reply to all those posters against him and then latterly had that used against him, it’s all a bit ridiculous really.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

You aren’t exactly helping matters, you can’t expect others to respect your views if you starting resorting to petty insults, however frustrating you may find it.

Is there the possibility of alcohol at play here? I respectfully suggest you cool off and return in the morning if so.

There is no alcohol at play (other than some lunch time trifle) just a massive frustration at people who jump to conclusions and gang up on people who aren’t in their gang.

Up until getting mighty pissed off earlier this evening I really don’t see how anyone with an open mind and actually reading what I was saying could have an issue with it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi.

I was going to bless you all with a detailed look at some of the positive news from the last month or so, but 'some people on Facebook said...' and then acting on it is some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard so it's rather put me off.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ramseyboi said:

There is no alcohol at play (other than some lunch time trifle) just a massive frustration at people who jump to conclusions and gang up on people who aren’t in their gang.

Up until getting mighty pissed off earlier this evening I really don’t see how anyone with an open mind and actually reading what I was saying could have an issue with it.

 

Well it’s an emotive subject and so it’s to be expected. You have equally pissed off loads of posters with your comments so it’s a two way street but once the silly comments start (from whichever side) it’s time to walk away. I’ve came into this thread after not posting for about 5 hours and I’m just wondering WTF has gone on.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Hi.

I was going to bless you all with a detailed look at some of the positive news from the last month or so, but 'some people on Facebook said...' and then acting on it is some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard so it's rather put me off.

Welcome back Potty. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Fair enough.  One of those would be an issue (if positive) the other really isn’t.

I mostly agree (so long as all parties are aware of the possibility of catching Coronavirus). I don't think the Government should be allowed to prevent people meeting up in private for any reason, really.

But the argument that it doesn't breach regs is still a daft one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This 'only one thread allowed on certain subjects' policy is fucking absurd. There's pretty much nothing of any value whatsoever in this nonsense thread. What a fucking mess on what might have been a source of useful  information. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...