Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Filippo

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I’m somewhat opposite. Perfectly happy indoors. Did 2 hours guitar practice yesterday, worked on the piano part to ‘Lamb Lies Down on Broadway’, built my nerdy lego set, watched some Netflix…

Got plans for more of the same today. Sometimes being an introvert is an advantage in life. 

24F059E2-018D-48C8-A7F7-98087F295A35.thumb.png.43fdee830dd31dae0bd43727a7063e11.png

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having a catch up on this thread and am very glad I went to bed relatively early with a good book.    It has turned into poking a wasps nest with a stick or something similar.   It has however given an insight if LFTs run out anytime soon.   Happy and peaceful New Year to all. 🤗

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

Your good self and my lovely friend seem to be following the same path. She’s still negative in day seven but feels physically fine. She’s desperate to get out (she’s a nature kind of girl). Yesterday she ran three miles in her back garden just for exercise. I would say her mental health is suffering far more than her physical strength right now. I’m currently baking her some croissants and we’re going to share a distanced chat across the back fence but truly she just wants to get out and run or ride her bike. Seven days isolation when you’re feeling well is a long time to be cooped up when you’re an outdoors person. 

Let’s hope you both show negative soon. 

Unfortunately my friend and his wife in their late forties, are really suffering with chest and joint pains so it isn't always as benign as the news may make it appear.

Edited by doc.fixit
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's been a fair bit of reflection going on. This is a thought provoking article. I wish people would wake up to this kind of thing and stop demanding restrictions in schools. 

"this is a very discriminatory virus. Some people are much more at risk from it than others. People over 75 are an astonishing 10,000 times more at risk than those who are under 15"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/02/britain-got-it-wrong-on-covid-long-lockdown-did-more-harm-than-good-says-scientist

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

It was months ago when Dr Allinson said there were filtration systems in schools. It wasn’t true - there were none. I’d love to believe that this has all been sorted and our children and young people will be going back to air filtration systems that have been installed over the holidays but somehow, I’m not sure that will be the case. 

It would be a bit of a silly assumption that such a massive piece of work could be done over the holidays. Don’t believe what your hear on here.  Installing filtration systems in schools (that would actually have any effect) would be an enormous and costly undertaking. Its also something that isn't even proven yet. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

It would be a bit of a silly assumption that such a massive piece of work could be done over the holidays. Don’t believe what your hear on here.  Installing filtration systems in schools (that would actually have any effect) would be an enormous and costly undertaking. Its also something that isn't even proven yet. 

It would be completely pointless and massively expensive both to install and to run.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Herself and I have been subject to almost a week of what might be termed classic covid symptoms which worsened Thursday and Friday. One of our nephews, asymptomatic, tested positive on boxing day. He visited us for over an hour xmas day, a day full of jollity, closeness and laughter. He was less than a metre from us both most of the time. His parents and 2 siblings (twins aged 13, one of whom is worse than his sister) tested positive also, with only their Da showing symptoms.

So we tested every day as our symptoms worsened- sore-ish throat, intermittent dry cough, headache, joint pain, snotsville and tiredness. Each time the tests produced a negative result. Today was no exception, negative results for us both at 8am and to be sure (because I was quietly convinced we MUST have caught covid), we tested again just now. Same negative results.

Seems obvious we have been/are suffering the effects of a common cold and as of today we've both improved slightly.

Confusing. I'm sure we're not alone in this scenario.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have an unpopular opinion on the issue of 'ventilation in schools'.

If it works as well as their proponents claim then not only would it massively reduce transmission of SARS-Cov-2 but also of everything else. I would have hoped that everyone had figured out that an immunity deficit to all of the respiratory viruses we regularly encounter would actually be a very bad thing. Wrighty mentioned a respiratory panel test before, imagine if we conducted them on all kids every month for a couple of years, people would completely freak if they knew just how infected their kids were how often and by what. It is a completely necessary part of life, and suppressing it may well cause problems further down the line.

Also, the school sending an email with DESC advice saying the kids can wear coats in class if its cold is bonkers, especially when the Public Health tweet the following two days later 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, quilp said:

Herself and I have been subject to almost a week of what might be termed classic covid symptoms which worsened Thursday and Friday. One of our nephews, asymptomatic, tested positive on boxing day. He visited us for over an hour xmas day, a day full of jollity, closeness and laughter. He was less than a metre from us both most of the time. His parents and 2 siblings (twins aged 13, one of whom is worse than his sister) tested positive also, with only their Da showing symptoms.

So we tested every day as our symptoms worsened- sore-ish throat, intermittent dry cough, headache, joint pain, snotsville and tiredness. Each time the tests produced a negative result. Today was no exception, negative results for us both at 8am and to be sure (because I was quietly convinced we MUST have caught covid), we tested again just now. Same negative results.

Seems obvious we have been/are suffering the effects of a common cold and as of today we've both improved slightly.

Confusing. I'm sure we're not alone in this scenario.

Sure you won’t do it.  But a throat swab would be interesting.

Arent you supposed to go for a PCR with symptoms  anyway?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 more positive cases among friends today. From my vantage point it looks like Omicron is going to spread through the population at this point whether we would prefer it to or not. Fingers crossed the signs stay the same as they are now in terms of severity and we can just be done with this whole thing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, quilp said:

Herself and I have been subject to almost a week of what might be termed classic covid symptoms which worsened Thursday and Friday. One of our nephews, asymptomatic, tested positive on boxing day. He visited us for over an hour xmas day, a day full of jollity, closeness and laughter. He was less than a metre from us both most of the time. His parents and 2 siblings (twins aged 13, one of whom is worse than his sister) tested positive also, with only their Da showing symptoms.

So we tested every day as our symptoms worsened- sore-ish throat, intermittent dry cough, headache, joint pain, snotsville and tiredness. Each time the tests produced a negative result. Today was no exception, negative results for us both at 8am and to be sure (because I was quietly convinced we MUST have caught covid), we tested again just now. Same negative results.

Seems obvious we have been/are suffering the effects of a common cold and as of today we've both improved slightly.

Confusing. I'm sure we're not alone in this scenario.

In those circumstances where you display symptoms, know you're a close contact but get negative a LFT you can book a PCR.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

"this is a very discriminatory virus. Some people are much more at risk from it than others. People over 75 are an astonishing 10,000 times more at risk than those who are under 15"

This was known 20 months ago but never stopped the idiotic 'lockdown' mentality, that is still rampant in deranged politicians world-wide, from subjugating the mass of the population to disproportionate restrictions against miniscule risk. 

It is (slightly) encouraging that our own parish council is displaying a modicum of common sense at present.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...