IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 hours ago, hissingsid said:

The Daily Mail does not dwell on truth or accuracy in fact in the last twelve months it has sunk lower and lower in the gutter I don’t know if there was a change of ownership or new editor.  

No, it has always been like that.

56 minutes ago, Banker said:

2 further deaths reported & 4 more in hospital so can’t see all restrictions being removed in next month, interesting to see if we follow England 5 day isolation period 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/two-further-covid-19-deaths-confirmed/

Two people in a month. Last reported death before these were announced was Dec 15 I think. Sad for the families involved, but in terms of society it is nothing, time to call it a day.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Two people in a month. Last reported death before these were announced was Dec 15 I think. Sad for the families involved, but in terms of society it is nothing, time to call it a day.

By call it a day what do you mean? No more reporting, no more testing or ?

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

That’s a fairly shitty policy to be honest. Some people who don’t have the vaccine do so for genuine reasons. They’re not all looney anti-vaxxer’s. 

Lots of major companies are bringing it in & exemption for those who have genuine medical reasons for being unvaccinated 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

That’s a fairly shitty policy to be honest. Some people who don’t have the vaccine do so for genuine reasons. They’re not all looney anti-vaxxer’s. 

If your cut and past had included my last sentence you would have seen it said  "Obviously there are exceptions for medical reasons." OK I should have added etc to that sentence as obviously if you there is genuine reason with regard to not being vaccinated then the policy is not applied.

Only statutory sick pay is a right and I don't have a problem with firms have some limitations with regard to paying to staff  who don't see that both sides have obligations to each other. Most staff are great but there are some who just want to take, take, take.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Both that’s an opinion only. Your opinion. Plenty of other people have different opinions

That's right. I wouldn't post something that wasn't my opinion would I? 

I could be brave and say this is also the opinion of people who, in my opinion,  know what they are talking about and have the qualifications to demonstrate that. 

• Like 1