IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

11 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I used to try and reason with some of manx covid twitter, but they all thought I was nuts (maybe I am) in pointing the reality of the situation out, and while you may call it self adulation I'd call it simply being right.

That’s a classic fail as nobody can reason with any of them unfortunately and they seem to be getting proportionally angrier with each restriction which is done away with and taken off the table. 

Can anyone enlighten me why we are still bothering with any kind of border restrictions at all anymore? We have the highest % infection rate on the planet but we are still asking residents coming home to isolate for 7 days whilst the rest of the island is a walking, self declaring cesspit.  

Edited by Danoo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Danoo said:

Can anyone enlighten me why we are still bothering with any kind of border restrictions at all anymore? We have the highest % infection rate on the planet but we are still asking residents coming home to isolate for 7 days whilst the rest of the island is a walking, self declaring cesspit.  

There’s No restrictions for vaccinated residents and only isolation for unvaccinated traveling outside CTA which is fair enough 

Edited by Banker
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Banker said:

There’s No restrictions for vaccinated residents and only isolation for unvaccinated traveling outside CTA which is fair enough 

Why, what nasty infection ridden hovels lie across the English Channel, that aren't on the UK Red List, that warrant isolation? As far as I can see we lead the world at the minute in that sport. 

4 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I didn’t think residents had to isolate, just have a LFT test , may be wrong.

My 18 year old son, who isn't vaccinated as he's a fit young man who has had COVID recently so doesn't see the need at the minute, is isolating for a week after two weeks in Spain over New Year. The only issue is he went there with the rest of the family in our household, all vaccinated, and we are free to come and go as we please after Day 2 but he has to stay off work for an extra 5 days for no reason whatsoever. Especially bonkers as we are in and out of the house daily doing our own thing now while he is watching Netflix all day. Absolutely ludicrous.  

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Danoo said:

My 18 year old son, who isn't vaccinated as he's a fit young man who has had COVID recently so doesn't see the need at the minute, is isolating for a week after two weeks in Spain over New Year. The only issue is he went there with the rest of the family in our household, all vaccinated, and we are free to come and go as we please after Day 2 but he has to stay off work for an extra 5 days for no reason whatsoever. Especially bonkers as we are in and out of the house daily doing our own thing now while he is watching Netflix all day. Absolutely ludicrous.  

Well he should get vaccinated then instead of being an anti vaxxers!!!

How did he get into Spain as you’re not allowed entry unless fully vaccinated ?

He certainly won’t be traveling far this year unless vaccinated 

Edited by Banker
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well he should get vaccinated then instead of being an anti vaxxers!!!

How did he get into Spain as you’re not allowed entry unless fully vaccinated ?

He certainly won’t be traveling far this year unless vaccinated 

My wife, his mother, is Spanish that is why we travel back there often. If you are accompanying a family member who is a Spanish national you are allowed entry unvaccinated as long as you have a negative PCR test.

To call a young kid who doesn't feel the need to have a jab that offers little benefit compared to risk, at that age, an anti-vaxxer is pathetic. Change the record.

Edited by Danoo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danoo said:

My wife, his mother, is Spanish that is why we travel back there often. If you are accompanying a family member of a Spanish national you are allowed entry unvaccinated as long as you have a negative PCR test.

OK but he’s not allowed in bars, indoor hospitality etc in Spain & most of Europe so his stand is a real disadvantage which will increase as most countries squeeze the unvaccinated 

Edited by Banker
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

OK but he’s not allowed in bars, indoor hospitality etc in Spain & most of Europe so his stand is a real disadvantage which will increase as most countries squeeze the unvaccinated 

Regardless of the above, the subject in question is the absurdity of the Isle of Man's continued border policy. Which makes no sense on health grounds whatsoever.

ETA: What you wrote above isn't true anyway, as our stay in Spain proved. Go outside of the large metropolitan areas and these directives aren't followed at all. 

Edited by Danoo

40 minutes ago, Danoo said:

Regardless of the above, the subject in question is the absurdity of the Isle of Man's continued border policy. Which makes no sense on health grounds whatsoever.

ETA: What you wrote above isn't true anyway, as our stay in Spain proved. Go outside of the large metropolitan areas and these directives aren't followed at all. 

Unvaccinated is a choice & the choice comes with consequences, by not following the law in Spain your son puts the establishment owner in danger of a fine or worse for breaking the law.

To an extent Danoo is correct, however there is some tightening. I’ve been scanned 5 times in 24 hours, twice in the campo and three times in Barcelona. Before that the last scan was in the countryside on 6 January. That being said the risk is different where I’m based. The three nearest local authorities have only had 10 cases between them in 2 years.

Actually @Bankerit’s the venue owner putting themselves at risk by not scanning.

53 minutes ago, Danoo said:

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

Unvaccinated is a choice & the choice comes with consequences, by not following the law in Spain your son puts the establishment owner in danger of a fine or worse for breaking the law.

That being said, I may not get back in to Spain. I can’t get into France. And even if I could I wouldn’t be allowed inside anywhere. I’m 235 days out from dose 2. In France your most recent dose must be within 180 days, rest of EU is mainly 270. 5 weeks to go.

Had my third primary dose nearly 7 weeks ago. Manx Care still can’t upload third primary doses to the NHS App. I’ve shown the Manx Care letters ( by e-mail ) to RENFE ( Spanish Railway ), Brittany Ferries, hotels and the theatres I’m  due to visit end April - all of them say they aren’t acceptable. They only want a QR/2D bar code.

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

To an extent Danoo is correct, however there is some tightening. I’ve been scanned 5 times in 24 hours, twice in the campo and three times in Barcelona. Before that the last scan was in the countryside on 6 January. That being said the risk is different where I’m based. The three nearest local authorities have only had 10 cases between them in 2 years.

Actually @Bankerit’s the venue owner putting themselves at risk by not scanning.

They are certainly tightening up in Alicante area where I was before Xmas  with no vaccine passports plus matching ID mean no entry & no drinks or food! Police were undertaking spot checks & scanning apps to confirm genuine