IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

26 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

The public sector is open to applications. Everyone knows that here and elsewhere in the world and very very generally;

1. Public sector - Low risk, safe, steady, good t&Cs, average pay. Poor prospects. Good sick pay. Good pension

2. Private sector - risky, high pay potential. Poor T&Cs sometimes. Unlimited prospects. Poor sick pay. Pensions variable

You take your choice. 

Its not going to change anytime soon so no point whinging on about it. Get yourself a job in Government if its that good. Not for me.

Disagree about average pay, it’s certainly well above average for majority of public sector, excluding education & health  based on their abilities & what they could earn elsewhere, also prospects are very good for anyone with ability .

Also we’re paying for all this well above norm sickness absence whilst telling self employed etc to just live with it!!

Edited by Banker

14 minutes ago, Banker said:

Disagree about average pay, it’s certainly well above average for majority of public sector, excluding education & health  based on their abilities & what they could earn elsewhere, also prospects are very good for anyone with ability .

Also we’re paying for all this well above norm sickness absence whilst telling self employed etc to just live with it!!

I'm not disputing that. I am saying you are free to apply for a job in public office. You keep repeating the same stuff over and over again.

image.thumb.png.c15d6a3d0b79b4a41ff1a5f3e86eb8a7.png

It's also worth noting that many private sector employers offer good sick pay schemes and some are getting the same issue.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

2. Private sector -...Poor sick pay...

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

image.thumb.png.c15d6a3d0b79b4a41ff1a5f3e86eb8a7.png

...private sector employers offer good sick pay schemes...

🤔

• Like 2

Anyone else’s Hayfever about 10 times worse this year? I’ve tried just about every OTC medicine and nothing has fully worked this year, most years I take one anti histamine and that’s me sorted until I either forgot to take one or it wears off.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

Anyone else’s Hayfever about 10 times worse this year? I’ve tried just about every OTC medicine and nothing has fully worked this year, most years I take one anti histamine and that’s me sorted until I either forgot to take one or it wears off.

Pollen Bomb

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-06-13/why-super-pollen-might-be-making-your-hay-fever-and-allergies-worse-right-now

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I thought I had this last week & did a LFT just in case. Covid +.

Felt exactly the same as a really bad bout of hayfever. 

7 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Ms Clewlow said that while "pollen bomb" and "super pollen" had "no scientific basis", there is ongoing research into the the effect of thundery conditions on hay fever symptoms.

With the British media the headline is nearly always a lie.  If there's any truth there at all it will be in a paragraph hidden away towards the end of the article.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Ms Clewlow said that while "pollen bomb" and "super pollen" had "no scientific basis", there is ongoing research into the the effect of thundery conditions on hay fever symptoms.

With the British media the headline is nearly always a lie.  If there's any truth there at all it will be in a paragraph hidden away towards the end of the article.

But pollen bomb, thunder fever and thunderstorm asthma sound much more scary

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Many in the IOM Public Sector would be unemployable in the private sector. They couldn't handle the pressure or standards.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 0bserver said:

Many in the IOM Public Sector would be unemployable in the private sector. They couldn't handle the pressure or standards.

Would be the view of someone who didn't know better. I'd agree if you said some. 

In all walks of life there are good people and bad people. Bad people are shameless and will exploit the system. In my experience they are equally distributed. Yes, it's easier in the public sector. But I think the proportions are the same. 

Even in the public sector I can say that most people are genuine and honest .

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Even in the public sector I can say that most people are genuine and honest .

until you put a microphone under their noses.

Edited by WTF