Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Filippo

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

It's all just empty gesturing anyway. I have yet to find any covid check anywhere while traveling where they actually check your paperwork properly. Most of the time you could wave a page filled with random text and today's date in front of their faces and they'll wave you through, if there are any checks at all. 

 

6 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Some commercial organisations being intelligent, others just ignorant?

It’s just frustrating. Thanks ATG and Playhouse Theatre

@Amadeus, I’ve had my Vax cert scanned every time I’ve boarded international flights or ferries, and entering bars, restaurants and theatres, in Bulgaria and spain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Checked my NHS app yesterday

Wonder of wonders. My booster has appeared at last. Hoping it doesn't disappear before I actually need it.

take a screen shot and show the travel nazis that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

The first of the usual suspects restricting services. I await the text or email from Isle of Man Bank .

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/23-teachers-absent-from-ballakermeen-high-school/

Its still a legal requirement to Isolate if you test positive. Had you not heard that rates had risen.

That legal requirement expires at the end of the month.

Should we encourage teachers to break the law?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Its still a legal requirement to Isolate if you test positive. Had you not heard that rates had risen.

That legal requirement expires at the end of the month.

Should we encourage teachers to break the law?

Has IOMG actually announced that legal requirements to isolate are being scrapped?

See Dudley Butt has tested positive & he’s not happy at lack of mitigations in place 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Checked my NHS app yesterday

Wonder of wonders. My booster has appeared at last. Hoping it doesn't disappear before I actually need it.

I’ve now got the opposite of my original problem. 1st, 2nd and 3rd doses all appeared in the Immunisation section of the GP record on NHS App or Patient Access within 24/48 hours, but my third dose didn’t generate a QR/2D barcode.

My 4th dose/booster generated the QR/2D  within 36 hours, but 2 weeks on nothing has appeared in the GP record.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Banker said:

Has IOMG actually announced that legal requirements to isolate are being scrapped?

See Dudley Butt has tested positive & he’s not happy at lack of mitigations in place 

No. Not officially. I think it was intimated that we would follow England. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Banker said:

Has IOMG actually announced that legal requirements to isolate are being scrapped?

See Dudley Butt has tested positive & he’s not happy at lack of mitigations in place 

So 1500+ cases, 4 people in hospital, down from 8 a few days ago and no one in ICU. This is good! Not for the afflicted, obviously but the likes of old Dudders should take heart, it all appears to be going in the right direction.

11 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

You cannot stop nature.

Indeed. This virus appears to be evolving in the right direction. The level of illness in the community may be on the rise but the only relevancy to the numbers now, imo, are how many are ending up in hospital. Generally, people are more enlightened and taking responsibility for themselves. I can understand Dudley's position, and everyone else who's been scared shitless but they perhaps need to open their eyes a bit wider. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, quilp said:

 

Indeed. This virus appears to be evolving in the right direction. The level of illness in the community may be on the rise but the only relevancy to the numbers now, imo, are how many are ending up in hospital. Generally, people are more enlightened and taking responsibility for themselves. I can understand Dudley's position, and everyone else who's been scared shitless but they perhaps need to open their eyes a bit wider. 

I don't think the virus is evolving in any particular direction, I'm not a fan of the supposed 'viruses evolve milder' theory. What actually happens is that humans adapt to it. I the case of zoonotic viruses like this, first it adapts to us, then it adapts a bit more, while we adapt back through the brilliance of the immune system if we don't die. I have yet to see anyone prove that omicron is milder for example, even though lots of people have suggested it is. Rather, it's been busy in places with massive vaccine uptake and substantial previous transmission. 

This is why Hong Kong is so interesting to watch, in a slightly morbid way. This is their first major wave, and its the 'mild' omicron. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, quilp said:

So 1500+ cases, 4 people in hospital, down from 8 a few days ago and no one in ICU. This is good! Not for the afflicted, obviously but the likes of old Dudders should take heart, it all appears to be going in the right direction.

Indeed. This virus appears to be evolving in the right direction. The level of illness in the community may be on the rise but the only relevancy to the numbers now, imo, are how many are ending up in hospital. Generally, people are more enlightened and taking responsibility for themselves. I can understand Dudley's position, and everyone else who's been scared shitless but they perhaps need to open their eyes a bit wider. 

Hong Kong shows the virus isn't evolving in any way beneficial to man. The apparent "mildness" of omicron is due mainly to immunity mostly from vaccines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...