IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Any more paid out by Government in the form of grants to private business should be on a publicly accessible register. It's not government money after all - it belongs to the taxpayers who should be entitled to see how it's spent. But then again we are on the Isle of Man and nobody likes rocks being lifted...

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

The over the top arrest is on video though. But you’re right both the police and the court system screwed up on this. The general Covid frenzy of that period needs to be properly audited in the fullness of time. 

Jayne said the police was right to arrest him, even if he hadn’t broken the rules. Crazy but that’s the Isle of Man for you. 

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

Any more paid out by Government in the form of grants to private business should be on a publicly accessible register. It's not government money after all - it belongs to the taxpayers who should be entitled to see how it's spent. But then again we are on the Isle of Man and nobody likes rocks being lifted...

We won’t follow Jerseys, Scotland and Englands lead in having a proper inquiry, as it costs money. We would rather waste that money on other things like ………….. out of control capital infrastructure projects, rampant out of control waste within the health service, hiring more civil servants etc etc etc. 

If we did have an inquiry, it would be chaired by a Manx Establishment stooge, probably an Athol Street Old Boy, would come up with all right noises, all the right recommendations deemed appropriate by IOMG, whilst if it was independently run, there may be unpleasant revelations and recommendations made, and criticism made. We can’t have that can we …………. ?

Edited by 2112
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Surely no one has the time to make all that up.🤣

I’d hope no one had time to write such rubbish, April fool or not. Fantasist springs to mind. From his first post. Most of them qualified for TL:DR

28 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’d hope no one had time to write such rubbish, April fool or not. Fantasist springs to mind. From his first post. Most of them qualified for TL:DR

I suspect perhaps some copy/paste may be involved if that's the case. 

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I suspect perhaps some copy/paste may be involved if that's the case. 

He has stayed in character, and been consistent, for two years. Matching back story, only few contradictions. Total plonker.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

This made me laugh today. I see she’s down to about 250 followers now and doesn’t even allow anyone who has not joined her cult to comment on her panic spreading.  

9792EA6C-A5C1-41A7-A6C5-768C06193CA3.jpeg

Worth looking at her published papers, she's no fool.

Time will tell whether her prediction is correct, sadly I fear it will be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

Well at least you’re safe in Cornwall. I’d leave it to people in the IOM to worry about TT.

Safe-ish, at least I can stay away from the tourists. Good luck with staying alive etc.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Worth looking at her published papers, she's no fool.

How silly can you be. She will be completely wrong. No chance at all that the weather will be glorious 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

i don't think it will be, but what is the tipping point for correct or incorrect here ?   the doom mongers will say they were correct if there is one solitary case and the worry nots won't concede if there are 5000 cases.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 9:33 AM, Filippo said:

This kind of health pass, if it were to be properly enforced, has the purpose to exclude from society those who retain independent judgement, at first; then to beat them into submission and to dissolve them into the common mediocrity of the populace.

It is a credit to the local politicians that it did not happen on these shores; they understood the issues, even if they talk like all the other politicians. The reason why I stopped mocking Quayle and Ashford one year ago, it is because I understood they did not deserve it. They also changed their tune, one year ago.

You mean your opinions are aligned with the government now... Is that the reason we haven't heard from you for a year?

A friend of mine just told me of this sudden resurrection.

On 4/1/2022 at 12:28 PM, Amadeus said:

I found the whole covid rules to be enforced pretty half arsed when travelling through europe over the last year or so. Granted, it wasn't the full on hardcore lockdown, but still. The system had so many flaws I'm not surprised in the slightest someone found it easy to abuse it. 

Someone?

Non-compliance has been widespread in certain countries.

Ukraine, for instance, now seen a nations of saints: the percentage of the population that had the covid shot has been like 30%; despite the stupid covid pass etc. Most people there don't trust their government.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1