IOM Covid removing restrictions

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can you guys start a separate thread titled "Jersey is ace - oh no it isn't" and leave this one to a discussion on IOM and the coronavirus?

...and I so wanted a long illustrious career at the DHSC   I run my own company so my involvement with the DHSC to set up and keep the COVID19 lab running wasn't exactly in the professional caree

I'll put a big disclaimer here that I'm not the person who decides who gets tested and when.  Saying that, I am a scientist who understands that if you test someone on the day they arrive and the

Posted Images

Are either symptomatic?  If not, I would follow standard medical practice in that we have no cases.  We really need to be clear on the difference between symptomatic and positive test. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

FFS go and live in a cave if you’re worried. 

I live on an island already, it was the islands and the "Royston Vasey" type places that could shut their borders effectively that have handled the virus much better than the bigger more populous places that couldn't.

22 minutes ago, Lagman said:

I live on an island already, it was the islands and the "Royston Vasey" type places that could shut their borders effectively that have handled the virus much better than the bigger more populous places that couldn't.

You do understand that three weeks ago two people probably came back to the IOM with covid as well. But as they weren’t tested you didn’t know about it. So I’m not sure why you’re all of a sudden peeing your pants about covid carriers now just because we’re testing people for the first time when we haven’t before. Likely there’s been a good number over the last few months in exactly the same situation who simply haven’t been tested.

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

You do understand that three weeks ago two people probably came back to the IOM with covid as well. But as they weren’t tested you didn’t know about it. So I’m not sure why you’re all of a sudden peeing your pants about covid carriers now. 

Because it's rising everywhere in Europe, particularly concerning the UK since kids went back to school. Which equals more chance of getting it and bringing it here.

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Banker said:

We’ll be catching Jersey soon who have 11 cases from 101,000 tests

They have  a greater risk of community spread and they're numbers will probably go up too.

15 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Good to see that they’re bang on with data protection etc. My lawyer sent me someone else documents last week. Oops!

At a banking review I was addressed as someone else half way through and informed that I had £6m coming to the end of an investment term! I happened to know the person too!

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Only because we haven’t been testing anyone without symptoms!

It would be noticed at the hospital if it had been spreading, there would be cases that would require treatment by now.